"You shall know them by their fruits"

dreamingoftigers
calling the people to repent of their sins OR FACE GOD'S WRATH.

This is me. That's what prophets do. I have this attitude in every way shape and form. I can tell sin when I see it and when someone I know and care about, or even some stranger on the internet, says something unholy or that I know is a sin, I get to this line of thinking. "You better stop it, or you're going to Hell"

We have a really hard time saying things in a nice way. It's something I will forever struggle with. I am just really aware of right and wrong.

My sense of morals get me in trouble. But they also keep me out of trouble. and cause me to be extremely stubborn.

Which is why I'm so upset that i've found this awesome guy that I really care about, and all he cares about is getting laid. That's not Godly. In the least. That is not how you're supposed to treat your fellow ladies in Christ, either and he really sends me overboard when he says stuff like, "I need to get laid".

But...in knowing right from wrong, I will most certainly be able to wait until marriage for sex and all those things that I crave. Because if I don't, I'm also aware of my own sin. And I treat myself no differently than anyone else. When I sin, I tell myself, "you idiot, what's wrong with you?!"

In a loving, Christian way, though, of course I would not word things this way, but that's apart of my weakness and apart of my sense of humor. It probably doesn't come across as funny to most, but I get great enjoyment out of saying, "stop it or you're going to Hell" to pretty much everyone.

::shrugs::

Thank you for your opinion.

I have no idea whatsoever how to respond.:confused:

DreamerGirl27

This is my last post, I swear.

Actually. That's a lie. The true Christian side of me, does not get enjoyment out of it, but feels deep resentment and sadness for people who do live in sin. Especially when I like the person. I know the way of life my friend that I'm so in love with is going down will only bring him loneliness and sadness and I want to rescue him from that. Because I care a lot. I also hate when I see sin on the internet and that's...well, the internet's crawling with it.

That's why I get so upset and so mad and lash out. Because it really does, truly and honestly hurt me when people reject God and God's way of life, because it is the best way and He has so much to offer you.

That is all.

DreamerGirl27
Thank you for your opinion.

I have no idea whatsoever how to respond.:confused:

Please read the above post. It is more along the lines of how I really feel, and how I SHOULD word things. Like I said, prophets are good at seeing sin, and I can see sin in myself as well. I need to learn how to say things in a loving way, and not just a "face God's wrath" way.

The above post is more how I really feel.

DreamerGirl27

Here I am, sinning again, for I just lied. lawl

THIS is my last post. For now.

Pitfalls

When God speaks to us about the sins of the church or a contemporary application of truth, we need to be careful about the battle for our own mind. It is easy to be pharisaical (hypocritical, self righteous, etc) where we become negative or judgmental.

We need to make sure that we hear from God and not our own inner voice. Being tempted with pride could keep us from being open to discernment or “testing.” We could be blinded to the truth, unable to admit when wrong, not willing to recheck with God.

I hope this better explains things. I'm horrible at explaining things.

dreamingoftigers

Actually. That's a lie. The true Christian side of me, does not get enjoyment out of it, but feels deep resentment and sadness for people who do live in sin. Especially when I like the person. I know the way of life my friend that I'm so in love with is going down will only bring him loneliness and sadness and I want to rescue him from that. Because I care a lot. I also hate when I see sin on the internet and that's...well, the internet's crawling with it.

That's why I get so upset and so mad and lash out. Because it really does, truly and honestly hurt me when people reject God and God's way of life, because it is the best way and He has so much to offer you.

That is all.

DreamerGirl, if you want God to reach people and use you as a messenger, lashing out will only send them the message that you are crazy and lash out at people.

The way to deliver a message is clear, concise, and without moralizing and moodiness. People can hear what you are saying rather then how you are feeling about it. You will garner more respect and your message will garner more respect when you show people that you care about their happiness first and your message second.

dreamingoftigers
Here I am, sinning again, for I just lied. lawl

THIS is my last post. For now.

I hope this better explains things. I'm horrible at explaining things.

There is no pressure virtually ever to get your points out before you have had a chance to organize your thoughts.:)

Sometimes you seem very tense. It's okay, no one is expecting perfection.:)

Ross MwcFan

That is all.

Wow, just wow.

Why would you think a homophobic, immoral, psychopathic, wicked dictators way of life, who tries to make you feel ashamed for being human, is the best way of life, and that he has so much to offer you?

We need god, like a woman with two black eyes needs her abusive husband.

Edited by Ross MwcFan
DreamerGirl27
Wow, just wow.

Why would you think a homophobic, immoral, psychopathic, wicked dictators way of life, who tries to make you feel ashamed for being human, is the best way of life, and that he has so much to offer you?

I have no words.

Ross MwcFan
I have no words.

Why not become a humanist? It offers the best way of life, and has so much to offer you. Humanisim doesn't contain any ridiculous rules, and it isn't immoral towards people.

http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Edited by Ross MwcFan
dreamingoftigers
Wow, just wow.

Um, Ross.... The best thing to know about God is that he is love. A lot of times his followers get reflected on by their rigid thinking.

Quite frankly, God is not grudges, brutality and cruelty. In fact, the opposite. All throughout the bible there is great mention of those who provide comfort to the suffering.

dreamingoftigers
Um, Ross.... The best thing to know about God is that he is love. A lot of times his followers get reflected on by their rigid thinking.

Quite frankly, God is not grudges, brutality and cruelty. In fact, the opposite. All throughout the bible there is great mention of those who provide comfort to the suffering.

I am really glad that my principles/beliefs don't subscribe to 'Hell.' Hell is actually a Pagan/ old Norse concept. Very contrary.

Ross MwcFan

I hear otherwise from a lot of sources, namely those of holy books, and people from different religions. Maybe as far as some religions are concerned, he doesn't do anything bad.

To be honest, I don't know how this fictional character is supposed to be, since there are so many different religions, and he is described in so many different ways.

DreamerGirl27

Uhh yeah, I'm gonna let you two battle this one out. I most certainly know for a fact, that God is not a fictional character.

Ross MwcFan
Uhh yeah, I'm gonna let you two battle this one out. I most certainly know for a fact, that God is not a fictional character.

Have you met him then?

LoveDoesntHurt

I agree with what u are saying abt people saying they know God however their actions are totally opposite...First of all knowing God isnt a religion since God is a Spirit it's called Spirituality....I have encountered alot of people like that mainly my husband...I read this scripture which enlightened me on why people can say one thing and do another.. MATTHEW 13:19-23 "WHEN ANYONE HEARS THE WORD OF THE KINGDOM, AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND IT, THE EVIL ONE COMES AND SNATCHES AWAY WHAT HAS BEEN SOWN IN HIS HEART. THIS IS THE ONE WHOM THE SEED WAS SOWN BESIDE THE ROAD. AND THE ONE WHOM SEED WAS SOWN ON THE ROCKY PLACES, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE WORD, AND IMMEDIATELY RECEIVES IT WITH JOY; YET HE HAS NO FIRM ROOT IN HIMSELF BUT IS ONLY TEMPORARY, AND WHEN AFFLICTION OR PERSECUTION ARISES BECAUSE OF THE WORD IMMEDIATELY HE FALLS AWAY. AND THE ONE ON WHOM SEED WAS SOWN AMONG THE THORNS, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE WORD, AND THE WORRY OF THE WORLD AND THE DECEITFULLNESS OF RICHES CHOKES THE WORD AND IT BECOMES UNFRUITFUL. AND THE ONE ON WHOM SEED WAS SOWN ON GOOD SOIL, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE WORD AND UNDERSTANDS IT; WHO INDEED BEARS FRUIT AND BRINGS FORTH SOME A HUNDRED FOLD, SOME SIXTY AND SOME THIRTY."

So not everyone who reads the word applies the word and therefore they become hypocrits..Satan blinds the mind of the one who he attacks...

... or posts, in this case.

So surely, posters who profess to be religious - and specifically Christian - should through their posts be known as loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, and faithful? Surely their posting conduct should be consistent with the beliefs they profess (and hold others to)?

So why is it that some of the most spiteful posters who are dogged in their vendettas against other members - whom they don't even know IRL - are (or claim to be) Christians? Are they fake Christians, laying claim to a title that isn't really theirs, since they can't live up to the requirement (at least as evidenced by their behaviour on these forums)? or is their religiosity contextual - something they only put on when they feel the angels are watching them? Or is it a case of do whatever you want, and just say sorry in your prayers tonight? :confused:

I am genuinely confused by this. I am not religious, but have many religious friends - whose behaviour typically is consistent with that dictated by their religion - so I am used to someone who professes to be X behaving like X, rather than like anti-X. I find it very difficult to reconcile some of the behaviour I see demonstrated here with revelations by some posters that they in fact subscribe to a religion where such behaviour is absolutely anathema.

Am I expecting too much of such people to hope they might practice what they preach (or at least, what they claim to subscribe to)? :(

donnamaybe
I agree with what u are saying abt people saying they know God however their actions are totally opposite...First of all knowing God isnt a religion since God is a Spirit it's called Spirituality....I have encountered alot of people like that mainly my husband...I read this scripture which enlightened me on why people can say one thing and do another.. MATTHEW 13:19-23 "WHEN ANYONE HEARS THE WORD OF THE KINGDOM, AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND IT, THE EVIL ONE COMES AND SNATCHES AWAY WHAT HAS BEEN SOWN IN HIS HEART. THIS IS THE ONE WHOM THE SEED WAS SOWN BESIDE THE ROAD. AND THE ONE WHOM SEED WAS SOWN ON THE ROCKY PLACES, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE WORD, AND IMMEDIATELY RECEIVES IT WITH JOY; YET HE HAS NO FIRM ROOT IN HIMSELF BUT IS ONLY TEMPORARY, AND WHEN AFFLICTION OR PERSECUTION ARISES BECAUSE OF THE WORD IMMEDIATELY HE FALLS AWAY. AND THE ONE ON WHOM SEED WAS SOWN AMONG THE THORNS, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE WORD, AND THE WORRY OF THE WORLD AND THE DECEITFULLNESS OF RICHES CHOKES THE WORD AND IT BECOMES UNFRUITFUL. AND THE ONE ON WHOM SEED WAS SOWN ON GOOD SOIL, THIS IS THE MAN WHO HEARS THE WORD AND UNDERSTANDS IT; WHO INDEED BEARS FRUIT AND BRINGS FORTH SOME A HUNDRED FOLD, SOME SIXTY AND SOME THIRTY."

So not everyone who reads the word applies the word and therefore they become hypocrits..Satan blinds the mind of the one who he attacks...

Would this apply to someone who cavalierly aided in sabotaging marriages via multiple affairs but then who would make a thread about how to properly display "Christian" behavior? :confused:

LoveDoesntHurt

Yes....They are who we call "Hypocrits"...they don't truly know God because God can"t be tempted by the lust of the world..

donnamaybe
Yes....They are who we call "Hypocrits"...they don't truly know God because God can"t be tempted by the lust of the world..

Thank you for making that crystal clear :cool: