Ex Girlfriend wants to be friends?

reallyconfused2542

yea i kinda do. i really though only have maybe 2 or 3 friends here though. i moved away for a long time then came back with no one left. i have no bros or sisters and not real close to fam so i don't really have anyone to talk to. i am going to a bachelor party this weekend so hopefully i don't sit there and obsess the whole time about her. i know to stay away from booze and drugs for now at least until my head is back on straight. but its like how long do i hold out hope until its time to give up and move on. what do you think about next week asking about the movie. maybe next thurs. is it just a pipe dream that im having, something that im just holding onto thatll never happen?

doubtfulwonder

Good idea on staying away from booze/drugs for now. You can have hope in back of your mind. But at the same time, you need to keep moving forward with your life. You can't put it on hold. She hasn't been putting hers on hold either. I hope you have fun at the bachelor party. It will give you a chance to meet new ppl if anything. I think you should keep with NC and not ask about the movie. You saw how cold she was when you tried to drop off flowers. And let's say she says no to the movie...I don't want you feel like you end up back to square one.

reallyconfused2542

yea i think thats what im gonna do. we talked on the phone this morning for a few and she pretty much said that she didn't feel it anymore and that i had pushed her away more or less. so i guess that its just time for me to move on. just really sucks cause only now do i realize that this might have been the person that i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. but again i don't know if its just now cause she doesn't want me so im just upset about the no that im getting

Stop talking to her. You have strong feelings for her and you're getting the "Umm not right now maybe sort of." So what if you go to the same school? I continued going to the same school as my ex long after I broke up with him. Yes, it was awkward to run into him, but I lived. I wasn't about to become his friend because of it.

If you stay friends with her and especially so soon after the break-up, you're only going to end up crushed when she finds somebody else.

It happened to me - of course, my situation was even more unreal because he was already dating somebody else within 3 weeks of our break-up.