Nudity in movies and games when you are in a relationship.

What is your point of view about nudity in movies and games when you are in a relationship.

Do it upset you that your partner see nudity?

For example, if there is partial nudity in a movie, or some sex scene without nudity, do you feel uncomfortable looking, do it upset your partner?

Im currently in a relationship where it is a big issue, and it really start to annoy me.. I always have to look at the rating of game and movie to make sure that there is nothing wrong. One time when I was playing Mass Effect 2 we got in a big fight because there were some girls (not naked) pole dancing in the background. I had to stop playing that game immediately and never played again. There is this other game I wanted to play, but there is female demons with partial nudity at some point in the game but I am too scared to play and that she find out.

We also couldn't watch the social network for the same reasons.

For future reference I would like to know women's opinion on this subject.

I don't care if my SO looks at those stuff, it's not a big deal but that's just me.

I don't recall The Social Network having any nudity, maybe a chick showing a bra but that's nothing.

How are you handling this? It's a bit too much if someone is upset over this.

starryeyed12
I'm in the process of breaking up with her, I have been hesitating about it for a very long time but now I know for a fact that its the only solution.

I do feel like when I was a little boy and I was not allowed to watch Terminator 2.

I really need to man up and do it. I have this phobia of looking like a jerk to people, but the truth is that the more I wait the more it will be damaging to her.

Aw, good luck to you. This is her issue within herself, so you are doing the right thing!

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Sounds like sexual repression. I'd be more worried about that, then I would be about putting a leash on nudity in movies and video games.

I mean, what's next? Not being allowed to listen to Lady Gaga, because she sings about sex and is almost naked in every single video?

reservoirdog1
Thank you for all the reply.

She is insecure, and its a bit my fault as I didnt stand my ground on the issues when we first start going out, and it got worst with time. The worst is that I am not doing anything to make her insecure, I never even tough of another girl, and I'm telling her that she is pretty all the time.

I don't think this relationship will last much longer, but I am trying to re-learn what is acceptable in "healty" relationship and what is not. When I am going to get out of this relationship, I am going to be a bit messed up with all that insecurity and control issues that she had. I dont want it to affect my future relationship.

Someone mentioned that nudity is as harmless of masturbation, but masturbation is her biggest fear. To her it would be the same thing as cheating. But that another issue...

Get. Out. Now.

If that crazy chick is going to make a big deal about either masturbation OR nudity in movies, video games, etc., then you DO NOT WANT to be in a relationship with her. Her neuroses and insecurities will make you miserable. At best, the relationship will die anyway. At worst, you'll stay in it, with your balls in a Mason jar.