40 days NC...how far I've come

Layzie89

So it's the end of the day...I'm proud to say I've made it to 40 days of strict no contact with my ex gf.

I decided I'd treat myself, went to the mall to do a little shopping. Bought some new clothes, some new shoes...when I'm done I walk over to the foot court to grab a bite before I leave. DUN DUN DUN!!!! My ex works in the food court. As I was ordering my food...all I was thinking is "Does she still work here? Is she working right now? Should I pass by and check? Should I stop by and say hello?" Ahhh!!!

I sat down to eat my food with the side of my face facing towards where she works...I couldn't help but glance one or two times to see if she was working...I couldn't see clearly, there was a glass divider blocking my way. phew! The whole time eating I was thinking if I should walk by or stop in and just say hello, just for ****s sake. I've been working out...had some new clothes on..was looking good and feeling confident. I weighed out the pro's/con's...and at the end of my meal I decided it's better if I just leave...so that's what I did. I don't know if she was even working today but I wasn't about to break 40 days NC just to say hello...and I'm glad I didn't.

I definitely feel like I'm making progress, NC has helped so much and I just want to thank all of you here at LS. For those of you starting NC, all I can say is stick to it and IT DOES GET EASIER. I promise you that.

It's funny...after the breakup my mind was riddled with questions like "When will she contact me? Is she thinking about me? Does she miss me?" and now..40 days later...the only question in mind is how would I react if ever she does try to reconcile...I'm not even sure if I want her back at this stage to be honest. It feels good to witness myself moving on, slowly...day by day closer to 100% healed.

It's funny...after the breakup my mind was riddled with questions like "When will she contact me? Is she thinking about me? Does she miss me?"

In my case, she didn't. 130+ days of NC. Don't hope for it. I guess it's for the best :)

• Author
In my case, she didn't. 130+ days of NC. Don't hope for it. I guess it's for the best :)

Definitely not hoping for it anymore man. I think once people accept the fact that their ex has moved on and isn't coming back, real progress is made. I've accepted it a little more than two weeks ago when I found out she has a new boyfriend...I considered that my closure and since then I've only gotten better. I'm on a whole another level now, doing me...falling in love with myself over n over again every day. I know one day I'll meet a girl that'll show me how it feels to be TRULY loved... and make this last relationship seem like puppy love. :)

130 days NC huh? I'm anxious to see where I'm at when I hit that mark. Hell, I don't even know if I'll still be counting days by then heh...we'll see. Thanks for stopping by

It's great to hear you're doing so well!

I'm on 1.5 weeks of NC and it's horrible! I can't sleep and all I want to do is break NC. But I'm staying strong. You are an inspiration!

• Author
It's great to hear you're doing so well!

I'm on 1.5 weeks of NC and it's horrible! I can't sleep and all I want to do is break NC. But I'm staying strong. You are an inspiration!

Don't get me wrong, I still have many weak moments too. But in time, those weak moments become more and more short lasted, the weakness fades quick after a while. But I'm doing alot better now than when I was when I first started NC that's for sure. Whenever you feel tempted to break NC just take 10 seconds to really think about what you're going to get out of it. Theres a FARRRRRR slimmer chance of your ex actually responding "I've missed you, I want you back" than your ex responding "I don't want you back" or "I'm seeing someone else" or even responding at all.

Keep at it azul.

I'm 120+ days NC and haven't heard anything either. I'm kinda getting to the point where I really just don't care if she does or doesn't. We wernt good for each other and this is what is the best for the both of us.

I'd maybe stay away from that food court for a while lazie. If you see your ex it's going to erase all your progress.

• Author
I'd maybe stay away from that food court for a while lazie. If you see your ex it's going to erase all your progress.

I don't plan on ever going back to that food court for another few months or so...it was too close a call to risk again. Thank GOD I chose to sit down and eat my food there to think about it first. If I were to get my food to go and eat at home...I would have chosen to walk by and visit her without a doubt.

phew.