- this is really bothering me

Good morning to everyone,

I haven't been on this site for a while, but have read a few posts on here before.

I have been with my boyfriend for 1 year and I really love him. but at the same time I have a jealousy problem that eats away at me and its not good!

My boyfriend can also be quite jealous and I think sometimes this just makes things worse.

I have this group of mates, one of whom I have known for 8 years - the other girls I have never really been mates with but have been out when they have been out and vice versa, but I wouldn't really call us friends.

Well the girl that I have known for 8 years can be a bit of a nasty peice of work and is so insecure that she gets off on other people's downfalls and miseries, often gossiping about them and saying what they should have done to sort their lives out, despite the fact that she has no room to talk!!

These girls also flirt incessantly with each other's boyfriends. The girl I have known for 8 years has even snogged one of her friends exes who she knew was still in love with them.

The reason I have hung around with people of this character for so long is that - they're a good laugh, I live on my own and other more genuine friends are already settled down so can't come out as much and I told myself I "know" what they are like and am gonna use her as much as she uses me. I have always mainly done my own thing independent of them though because I got used to them not inviting me out, unless it was to make numbers up.

I met my boyfriend whilst I was out with them as he used to work with one of their ex boyfriend's (my friend's sister). He didn't really know them at that time and he met me and them at the same time.

Now that I am going out with John, they seem to invite me out to every event going which kind of winds me up even more.

Well my boyfriend seems to enjoy their company and cannot see any bad in them. We have been out with them before and it makes me so uncomfortable. They like to hug and kiss him and be really tactile which makes me feel insane!! Luckily though, so far my boyfriend has not responded to them and tends to just stand there like a wooden board if one hugs him.(however it's written all over his face that he likes the attention, which makes me uncomfortable)

There is this one girl that is my friends sister and i can tell she has a major crush on my man. And my man once said that he thought she was "very pretty". She goes shy and bashful when John says hello to her and is always asking where he is when she sees me and he's not next to me. My boyfriend has assured me he doesn't fancy her and doesn't make an effort to talk to her at all when we are all out together.

But still it makes me very uncomfortable and worry that given enough time in each others company, they will eventually fall for each other big time as I have heard that is how affairs happen.

We are meant to be going out with them all this weekend, but to be honest i don't know what to do for best. I want to cancel and make up some excuse, but is this the best thing to do? Or should I go and brave it and cope with the feelings when a bunch of 6 or 7 single young attractive women are flirting with my man - and he's lapping it up (although not responding) as he's the only man. Wouldn't that make me a fool?? Kinda like putting my bar of chocolate in a pen full of pigs??

If the shoe was on the other foot, in no way would my boyfriend be letting me come out with him and a group of single guy friends of his.

We bumped into two of his mates on friday night and he was on edge the whole time cause he reckons one of them fancies me and he thought I fancied him too!!!

Sorry this is long! what do you guys think??