Son has been deployed

ladyangel

Originally posted by HokeyReligions

My nephew was there at the beginning. He is in the 101st Airborne.

Really Hokey? :cool: What unit is he in? I, too, was in the 101st, Bravo Co, 3-187 'Iron Rakassan'.

~V

Originally posted by Arabess

Actually Vivid, since this whole thing has started we've been sending reserve units. I think it's because so many of our regular units weren't 'complete and cohesive'with all the back up personnel and all the equipment needed. So, they started deploying the reserve units instead. I think the Army did this much more than any other branch.

Ahh, I got ya. What they usually do is move all the reserve personel to active duty status, so they can fill in the slots of those whom deployed. Interesting --

Glad you didn't go for the reserve option when getting out of the Army...aren't you????? LOL.

Actually, I was in the 'inactive reserves' all the way up until the year 2000. I could have gotten recalled at anytime. Now, I'm just a civilian! Yippee! :bunny:

My goodness, Arabess - you know so much about the military! GI JANE - Once again, I salute you!

~V

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

We were watching the local news tonight and they had a story about a local Marine who had been killed in the action of this week. He graduated from the same high school my stepson did. My husband broke down and cried. That's the first time I've seen him do that since this started. I pray to God this thing ends soon.

• Author

It's not just a selfish thing -- worry for our own son -- it's also that we've lost a child and therefore we know what these poor parents are going through and we hurt for them. This is a terrible, terrible thing that is happening to our children.

I truly don't hold any one person responsible and I realize there are many factors that have gone into what's going on over there, and that we're trying to help these people, but it doesn't make it any easier. It's just sad.