Ten year friendship... Six Year Marriage, Twenty Year Relationship...

I think you are playing with fire. Let me ask you this, what are the contents of your conversations with this friend? Are ANY of these conversations involving things you wouldn't share with your H? Does your H know the extent and details of what you talk about? Finally, have you ever lied or left out details? If your H is in the dark about any of this, then you ARE cheating and involved in an EA. Plain and simple. IMO I don't feel this friendship will be healthy for your M. The mere fact you have to ask our opinion about this shows that deep down, you are questioning your actions.

My sex life with my husband could really make this problem worse... I'm actually afraid of that.

I have a really high sex drive. I've jokingly called myself a nympho... but I wonder if there might be some truth in that. When we were dating and right after we got married we had sex al lot... But soon I realized I married a man with no sex drive. And now that we work different hours it's just gotten worse.

My friend really was the best lover I ever had... I mean, he was amazing in the sack. He claims I was the best he ever had too, which I wonder about. I was so young. I didn't know enough to really be good in bed.

No, you shouldn't jump to that conclusion. I love my husband. I don't want to leave him. My friend's kids are very dear to me... I was a big part of their lives when they were little, up until they moved out of state. I babysat them a lot. Over time I got really protective of them... His twelve year old daughter texts me sometimes. His year old son chats with me on facebook...

This just shows how much you care about everything about your "friend" and nothing about your husband. Great with the friend and boring with the spouse. Typical cheating thinking. Only you are making the problems worse if you're not going to be completely honest and remorseful.