A nerdy gamer girlfriend...no hope?

I used to play wow since beta, and MUDs before that. But even has a hardcore (grand Marshall pre nerf) gamer, I'd still like doing some non game things with my bf. In the end, it's not just being able to talk about games, but go be in a serious relationship, I'd look for a guy who balanced game n rl, and could actually 'grow up' when needed. And it does suck when 1 partner moves on from 1 game, and the other one is left behind

I'd suggest when you do meet a gamer chick you wanna have a relationship with, show her you are more than your in game character :)

Honestly, this is a semi reason why I'm rather against (though I guess not *completely*) the whole meeting gamer girls online, typically via MMORPG. It seems the girls I meet (on WoW) tend to have this sort of...attitude..now I don't mean that they just start problems or curse you out randomly attitude, but they have a sort of "I am more special than you" type of thing.

Obviously not ALL are this way, but the ones I've met, even in my guild...sort of have this thing where since they are girls that play online games with guys they feel they are superior, I guess since they know they are a "rare catch" for the many gamer guys that are single and want nerdy g/fs.

In the end they just act really loudly or try to focus attention to themselves, and it's...extremely irritating to say the least. I don't really say a whole lot to em, since I don't care, it's their free will...so it's no big deal, but I figure since we're on topic I'd share :laugh:

Again, it doesn't apply to all of em (thankfully), but it takes all kinds I suppose.

Meeting someone IRL that happens to be a geeky girl is most certainly the ideal situation, that way I get to know them outside the magic click click box, and get to see how they truly are first and foremost. Likewise they get to see how I am. If only my IRL drop chance would increase!! :D

I've seen a few like that, but the majority of my female gaming friends are relatively low-key. Some you wouldn't even know are girls til you've known them for a couple months or been on ventrilo with them. Others are so much 'one of the guys' that flirting doesn't exactly happen very much. Sadly, those aren't usually the ones that most of the guys want to get. Fortunately, despite getting less attention in general than the attentionwhores, they've all been fortunate enough to find wonderful bfs, some from ingame and some through other means.

russianbrides.jpg playboy lingerie models Trojan Supra NonSpermicidal Digitalis Delitelocate sex shops vaTeenage Girlpreteen sex dollLong Neck Goose girls in lingerie pictures punto g sex shop chile sex toy shop binghamton ny Nippilicious Arousel Gel Watermelon Toy Joy Mystical Delight Dong sex shops asheville nc sex shops montreal sex shop portsmouth nh mt lawley sex shops 75001 sex shop Colt Pounder 9.5 Inches red door lingerie
Duckduckgoose
I've seen a few like that, but the majority of my female gaming friends are relatively low-key. Some you wouldn't even know are girls til you've known them for a couple months or been on ventrilo with them. Others are so much 'one of the guys' that flirting doesn't exactly happen very much. Sadly, those aren't usually the ones that most of the guys want to get. Fortunately, despite getting less attention in general than the attentionwhores, they've all been fortunate enough to find wonderful bfs, some from ingame and some through other means.

I didn't used to flirt much on WoW, but now that I am going through a divorce I am practicing my skills and tuning up what does/doesn't work.

Its kind of a good anonymous way to sharpen yourself for when you do meet someone :)

I like to play video games, I work with computers, I love Sci-fi ... I currently have a partner, but single on and off until I was 30. I think there are other women like me out there, but many, since I personally do not know any others. I am proof that such women exist, though, and that they are not taken all of 23 years old.

appointment setting

LeaningIntoTheMuse

They're out there, but most tend to be really shy and introverted. So if you're shy and introverted, too, you'll never meet.

They're out there, but most tend to be really shy and introverted. So if you're shy and introverted, too, you'll never meet.

Talk about the issue in a nutshell... *sigh*

I can never seem to find any nice guys who enjoys playing games... So it goes both ways. Gamer girls have similar issues to you guys.

*shrugs* Bf and I are probably the most introverted people you could ever meet. Our friends are similarly introverted.

It's a myth that introverted people never make friends with each other. Sure, it's harder and takes longer to develop usually. But when it happens, it often brings about the closest bonds you can ever imagine, both platonic and romantic.

Duckduckgoose
*shrugs* Bf and I are probably the most introverted people you could ever meet. Our friends are similarly introverted.

It's a myth that introverted people never make friends with each other. Sure, it's harder and takes longer to develop usually. But when it happens, it often brings about the closest bonds you can ever imagine, both platonic and romantic.

How does that work? Being introverted in a relationship?

From my experience, introverts typically relate to fellow introverts very well. They don't do good with small talk in large groups, but when they really warm up to a kindred spirit enough to share their innermost beings, they can be wonderfully natural.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Talk about the issue in a nutshell... *sigh*

I can never seem to find any nice guys who enjoys playing games... So it goes both ways. Gamer girls have similar issues to you guys.

Wish there was an easy way for people like us to magically spot each other IRL, you never really know anyone as you just walk down the street, while shopping, in class, etc.

I'd love to meet a girl looking for the same as I (well, a guy in her case.) :o

The chances of meeting said gamer girls just never seems to fall in my favor, if I could only meet any, at all, then maybe I could make a positive difference in one lady's life.

It's like the saying of the first step being to "get your foot in the door" before the rest can happen. Well I never seem to even have the chance to try!

Duckduckgoose

Wear gaming clothes Regal... its as close as you're going to get to the magical spotting thing.

My bowser "Like a boss" shirt gets me very noticed :)

And there was this guy in the halls at the college I went to for nursing class last week who was wearing a blingy diamond/sapphire/ruby/onyx pendant with a platinum chain. I approached him and told him I LOVED his style.

I never would had known the fellow was a gamer but for his mario bling :)

Wear gaming clothes Regal... its as close as you're going to get to the magical spotting thing.

And there was this guy in the halls at the college I went to for nursing class last week who was wearing a blingy diamond/sapphire/ruby/onyx pendant with a platinum chain. I approached him and told him I LOVED his style.

Sigh... DDG, where have you been all my life?

LOL!

Seriously though, girls wearing gaming/anime clothes is cool.

When a guy does it, he's a hopeless nerd.

When a girl is a gamer, many guys see that is a plus. When a guy's a gamer, it's usually seen as a huge negative.

• Author
LOL!

Seriously though, girls wearing gaming/anime clothes is cool.

When a guy does it, he's a hopeless nerd.

When a girl is a gamer, many guys see that is a plus. When a guy's a gamer, it's usually seen as a huge negative.

Pretty much this :(

If I saw a girl with gaming attire, I'd be far more gutsy to approach. I don't really get the feeling that I'd attract anyone by wearing gaming clothes myself. Though I do suppose it's better than nothing and doesn't hurt to try.

If you do want to wear some gaming clothes, make sure that it's stylish.

The rule is style first, gaming second.

Many of gaming shirts, look super dorky.

As an example, I think this shirt would be OK to wear.

It's obviously a gamer shirt, but it's edgy as well. People might ask you what the shirt says so it also gets attention.

BTW the Japanese lettering says, Sonikku.

Edited by somedude81

It's obviously a gamer shirt, but it's edgy as well. People might ask you what the shirt says so it also gets attention.

Uhhh no offense, but that shirt looks like something you'd give a 5-year-old boy to wear instead of a man. =/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one of those nerdy gamer girls that the nerd guys want. Well the very few ones I knew want and some of them were bad news. I have the same problem, there aren't a lot of guys in or near my area that are into the nerdy stuff like video games. Personally, I'll only really date nerdy/geeky guys. Both my ex bfs, especially the last one, were nerdy. Ironically, me and nerdy guys don't get along when it comes to dating even though I still like them. Maybe it's the guys in my area, who knows. In fact, a lot of guys in general probably turn me down due to the fact I play a lot of video games and they want to be with someone who's more mature and not like "kid" activities I guess. Most of the guys in my area are not into video games and enjoys exercising, sports, stuff like. I can't really think of other things at the top of my head, but basically they act like older adult men even though some of them are near my age range.

Uhhh no offense, but that shirt looks like something you'd give a 5-year-old boy to wear instead of a man. =/

It really does. I agree.

• 4 weeks later...
Red Arremer

I can kind of relate to this problem too. I work pretty crazy hours during the week and I don't have many local friends, so I spend most of my free time playing video games. It would be really awesome to find a girl that shares the same sort of interest in them that I do, but I have pretty much given up hope of finding a girl like that that isn't either taken, ugly (and my bar is pretty low right now, we're talking like sub-3 on the 10-point scale here) or completely broken in some other way.

I know I should probably branch out and expand my interests and stuff, but no matter how much I look I've never been able to find any other hobbies that interest me. I've tried just getting out and trying a bunch of stuff anyway, but at that point I'm pretty much out at things for the sole purpose of meeting people that share this interest that I actually don't really have, so naturally that never works too well. If it weren't for this whole need for companionship thing, I feel like I would be perfectly happy just sitting in my apartment playing video games all day. That can't be healthy.

BiscuitXOXO

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

*wipes away tears*

OT: I only play one online game, one of the lamest ever (Maplestory heehee) and there are some pretty good guys that play. The only ones I've ever met in RL though were dorky. But I'm facebook friends with others who are across the country. Which is pretty cool.

I wouldn't consider myself a "gamer" because I don't play WoW or CoD or whatever. I also dislike the word "gamer" because, in my mind it brings the connotation of "gaming women" or "playing the Game" that is associated with picking up chicks. And that is totally different.

Hey, do you guys have any idea how hard it was to find a gaming shirt that was halfway decent? I would love to see what you guys can find.

For the record, I don't own any gaming shirts. The only anime shirt I own is this one. The only people who know it's an anime shirt are those who actually watch Naruto. Heh, and every once in a while I'll hear a cute girl say, "I like your shirt."

Getting back on topic, it really does seem that most girls how are into video games and anime are the shy, awkward types. The best place to meet them are in Japanese classes, and anime or Japan clubs on college campuses.

Red Arremer

This shirt is okay, but of course it's Threadless so take that for what you will: http://www.threadless.com/product/2752/Furious_Fowl

I have a couple of ridiculously nerdy gaming shirts, but the only time I wear them in public is when I'm at a ridiculously nerdy gaming tournament or something where it's somewhat expected that people will be wearing that stuff. There's a time and a place for these things.