Ian's strict NC log

is2008

• Author

PwrOO!! Long time no see buddy! I hope you're keeping well. Sounds like you've got a number of things going on in your life too that's keeping you occupied!

Where abouts in Europe are you going? Presumably mainland Europe,not the UK?

Thank you for your advice. I don't think I've got anything to lose by issuing my ex an ultimatum, she's rarely in my life nowadays anyway, and I've got nothing to lose by talking to this new girl. She does genuinely seem like a nice girl... but it'd be another LDR!! She lives 2 hours drive away from me, better than someone across the Atlantic mind.

Have a safe trip!

IfiKnewThen
Holy Moses, son of the desert....

&

My honest opinion? See where things with this new girl goes. You don't have to jump right into a relationship, just hang out a bit. But do yourself a huge favor and just see where it goes. Don't dismiss it out of hand.

holy batman how are you PwrOO? hehe

hi Is2008 I agree with see where things go with the new girl and you don't have to jump into the relationship. i don't know what your ex is going to say or do in 48 hours and sadly how can you trust it now, even if she does say..ok i am back :(. i would say don't burn this bridge....cross it and see where it takes you (with the new person). unless your ex shows REALLLLLLLLLL concrete turn-around that only you can identify as sincere and solid. its good you sort of gave your ex warning. now you know you did all you could. no solid evidence.....don't look back...move forward. its hard too to feel a spark after all you have been through and when your heart is still with your ex. your head sees something potentially good in front of you but your heart hasn't caught on yet. that's what i am guessing. doesn't mean your heart wont catch up. in fact in can take flight. give it a chance. thanks what i am thinking..

IfiKnewThen

PSS....this is so true:

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us."

thank God you haven't forgotten that signature (and referred to it) because it makes so much sense.

IfiKnewThen I'm doing well. :) Just waiting around for boarding. I'm off to St Petersburg for 7 days and then Munich for another 7 days. Long flights from Australia for only 2 weeks but I'm very excited! If I was heading to the UK we could catchup for a beer (just not bloody fosters!). Same goes for you IfiKnewThen!

Work has been insane the last couple of weeks, I haven't had 5 minutes to scratch myself so a couple of weeks away will be good.

2 hours is better then what, 8 hours over the atlantic? As IfiKnewThen says, it'll give you a good excuse to get aquainted with you new toy! Have you named her yet? :p

Not sure what internet is going to be like in Russia, by previous dealings lead me to believe I'll be stepping back in time haha. But I'll make an effort to jump in and see how everything turns out.

Take care you two!

• Author

IfIKnewThen my superstar!

I'm going to write you a detailed reply soon, but I'm just about to finish work and I'll run out of time if I do. Also we're having our house rewired so I may not have any electricity at home! I will get round to it either tonight or tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!

IfiKnewThen

aww youre so sweet is2008. youre ex is2008 out big time! no worries i will be on and off the PC too.

@PwrOO. wow you sound like youre on a great adventure!! enjoy your R&R!!

i am glad youre doing well!

i wish we could see pics on this site, she thinks to herself. be sure to take lots of pictures!

have a safe and wonderful trip!!

IfiKnewThen

more typos :rolleyes:

typo: youre ex is2008 out big time!

i meant to say your ex (is2008) is missing out big time!

• Author

IfIKnewThen/PwrOO/all readers,

Here goes! The 48 hour deadline is fast approaching now, without any sort of contact. She probably thinks I'm bluffing or got caught up in the heat of the moment (perhaps). Either that, or she's not read it/doesn't care. But I'm not going to keep making excuses for her, I'm tired of it.

I was extremely clear though, I was fed up of being played with, and it's been going on since Feb 2010.

Will I ever see real concrete evidence that she's willing to change? Not anytime soon that's for sure. Maybe after a prolonged period of NC (4 months+) when the true reality of the situation sinks in. Either that, or she'll be okay with the situation. By which time who knows how things will have progressed with the new girl.

Irrespective of the time frame it'll take her to realise her mistakes, if ever, I'm not hanging around now waiting for her to sprinkle her breadcrumbs any longer!

I spoke to M (the new girl) last night for a whole hour on the phone last night, either I fall for people too quickly, or this girl is pretty special. I think it's the latter because I've spoken to girls before, and I've not clicked with them like I do with this one, it's exciting and scary!!

This finally seems to be my opportunity to move forward! Even if it doesn't work out with this girl, it goes to show I can have feelings with someone new... I'm smiling!!!! :D

I don't want to get ahead of myself or the situation but I'm hoping the direction of my log moves away from a strict NC log to a moving forward log. It started on the 1st Feb, had plenty of ups and downs, and lots of support from you good folks on LS... but I'm here to stay for the time being!

I do think my heart is catching up with my head too.. all positive!

Til next time folks!

• Author

Ohhh nooo!! I'm falling for this girl HARD! She is so so sweet to me, so caring, and I really don't want this to turn into one of those short but intense relationships.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I've never ever felt a spark quite like I did when I first met my ex 6.5 years ago, well it's happened! Me and M were talking for the majority of the night and I've only had 2 hours sleep!

The euphoria of this new relationship is completely masking any pain I had for my old one, I've finally met a good woman, I'm scared, excited, euphoric! So many emotions rolled into one! :bunny:

SUMMARY: So damn happy. :cool:

IfiKnewThen

again this is awesome news. i have had lack of sleep for a whole other reason .

but i dont want to shed dim lights. time to celebrate. great news is2008.

• Author

So the weekend has passed. Been a very mixed weekend really. Met M (new girl) on Saturday, things went fantastic! We were getting along like a house on fire until on Sunday she accidently stumbled upon a message I'd sent to another girl (before I ever met M) telling her that I thought she was pretty.

She was completely unimpressed and it's put a massive downer on everything to the point where she's unsure about me... of course I'm still making the same mistakes, the pleading etc. I'd say she was overreacting but she seems to think it's a deal breaker.

As for my ex... this is where the real breakthrough has happened. After my brief but fulfilling connection with M, I am resolute in my stance that I deserve way way more than my ex offered. I have, for the first time in a long time felt loved, and not the drama filled toxic relationship I had with my ex.

Things between me and her will never ever get better or to the stage where I'd be able to trust her. It hurts a little, but strangely, I'm more concerned about M. She made me feel alive, and I did the same for her. Even if things don't work out with M (and I would love for it to work out) I can now appreciate that you can love more than once, there is no such thing as the one and that everyone has their own unique qualities to cherish.

I never compared M to my ex, and she was given a completely clean slate, full of trust and understanding and she was euphoric with my attitude towards her... I hope this is what brings her back to me.

If not, I'm definitely staying single for a bit. I no longer pine for my ex like I used to, but I'm not there yet.

A key time in my life is now approaching... M or singlehood until I am completely healed? It's all dependent on M's willingness to forgive for something I don't think should be an issue.

IfiKnewThen

Hi is2008. I am so glad for you that you realize you CAN feel something for someone else. and yes, you CAN absolutely love more than once.

i think there can be more than one "soul mate" at different points of your life, depending on your circumstances. I have always felt this way. and i have seen it first hand myself.

anyway, as far as her accidentally finding something you said to another lady prior to meeting her....

she sounds like she is being most unfair there.

please protect your privacy. its not about you having "something to hide". its about there are things that she doesn't need to know, are NOT directly related to your relationship, and have absolutely no baring on it and she and you should honor that.

i think for kinda knowing or meeting her less that 2 weeks ago? (unless time s really flying here, and i am totally off the mark) she shouldn't be claiming you as a boyfriend to the point of asking you to be accountable for this comment you made about another girl, PRIOR to her.

its flattering she cares, but it's another thing to be that possessive. maybe she got hurt before..but if you can separate yourself from comparing her to your ex, she needs to attempt to do the same. if you said something more than "how the other girl is pretty" and elaborated...in a guy type way, then she may have gotten a bit spooked. but, in general, from what i am hearing from my disadvantage point, this doesn't sound like any real cause for accountability on your part, and separation from her.

you 2 need to loosen up ( a wee little bit here), have fun and go one day at a time.:)

glad you are seeing happiness in other areas of your life now. whenever we can be delivered from heartache and heartbreak, its a good thing.:)

• Author

hey IfIKnewThen!

i sent you a PM, about a week ago now, don't know if you got it because i didn't get a reply!

anyhow, you're right... no news is good news. i do still think about my ex now and then but M is taking up a massive part of my day!

as for the comment that i mentioned, it wasn't lewd at all. it was, as i said it. M said she couldn't handle it and said we should part ways. i called her bluff and she u-turned! so we're back together and happy!

i'm ceasing this log from now on. it's served it's purpose and will be keeping in touch via PM and new threads. it's a part of my past that i'm ready to move on from and i do not see any sort of reconciliation with my ex. too much has been done and said.

even if things don't work out with M, there is no going back!!

adios amigos (and NC log) :)

IfiKnewThen

wow thats so awesome is2008. i hope you get this message. i didnt get your PM :(. when did you send it. i have my PM's 100 % full. have to decide whioh messages to keep and toss. have messages in there since 2005 in case i want to get in touch with old pals on LS. i need to clear it. i will take something away, if you want to write back. and please keep a forwarding address so we can touch base. happy for you. keep us in your prayers here. thanks