Flaws

If there is anything hanging around here that is larger than my ego, I want it shot, killed, and stuffed immediately!

On second thought...if you see something bigger than my ego...you're probably better off just running! :)

Strong ego is nothing to be ashamed of. I find it kinda sexy.

bentnotbroken

1) I am stubborn.

2)I disobey God. This is major :eek:

3) I am sarcastic(though I like me that way):cool:

4) I don't trust like I once did.

There has been a bunch of threads starting arguments and pointing fingers at other posters.

It really has gotten to the point where this forum feels like a battle field at times...

Yes I agree.

As for my own flaws: too many to mention.

Edited by SidLyon

My only flaws are that I am egotistical, cocky and narcissistic.

I really hate when, in an interview, I am asked what I don't like about myself or what I feel my flaws are. That seems like a trick question to me. If I don't like something about me, I change it. If *I* like it, but others don't... it's not a flaw to me.

My first line though... entirely true, but, I like me that way. ;)

Greatest flaw? I see all sides of the story and it makes me often times TOO empathetic.

Greatest virtue? I see all sides of the story and it makes me often times TOO empathetic.

Second greatest flaw? I do not suffer arrogant fools who think they know it all, well.

You can be opinionated, play devil's advocate, challenge me all you want, but if you are assured you know it all and no can tell you anything....why are you here?

To be right?

I still welcome learning from others every day. I grow weary too fast, too quick, with those who think other's have NOTHING to teach them.

No patience for stupid, cruel, arrogant people. Can't stand gossiping and back stabbing.

Some of you have a short fuse - mine is practically non-existant. One wrong word, glance, gesture - boom! I explode. Working on taming this beast. Not easy.

Very independent. Somewhat of a procrastinator. Can't tell a lie to save my life.

If you are my friend - you are the luckiest in the world. If you are my enemy - might as well just go jump off a bridge, as I take no prisoners.

There has been a bunch of threads starting arguments and pointing fingers at other posters.

It really has gotten to the point where this forum feels like a battle field at times.

I'm starting this thread in hopes that OM/OW BS/FBS and any other posters will join me in listing our flaws.

I'm hoping that this will show that we are all human, we are all flawed and we can all be objective enough to see ourselves.

I hope that we can see that although our life experiences are different, our attitudes towards some issues greatly differ, in the end, we're all flawed, and we are the same (to a certain extent) ;)

Also, this thread is meant for posters to list their OWN flaws, and not anyone else's ;)

I'll start with me: TigerCub is:

- Impatient

- Short tempered (had a very short fuse, but its getting a lil longer) ;)

- Cynical (especially about Rs - but trying to have a better outlook)

- Blunt (I tell it like it is - maybe too often, will work on still saying the truth, but not saying it so harshly)

- Gullible at times (sometimes I really want to believe/see the best in people despite what my logic tells me) - gladly that doesn't happen often.

I'm sure there's more, but that's a start...

Come one, come all, and tell TC your flaws - no judgments here :)

Great post Tiger!

I am:

Opinionated

Too trusting

Incredibly independent (which can be a negative if you are married to a man who wants to take care of you all the time)

Honest to a fault (again, this can be a negative since I refuse to lie and answer a direct question when asked).

Impatient as heck!

Tiger, you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for starting this. I have noticed (as sporadically as I have been here lately) all the angst, fighting and intentional jabbing being done. :( The snippiness is taking away from those who are here for help/opinions/advice. Their posts get lost amongst all the infighting, the "you can't post here", the demand for certain wording of posts, etc. :( Gets old real fast.

GreenEyedLady
If you are my friend - you are the luckiest in the world. If you are my enemy - might as well just go jump off a bridge, as I take no prisoners.

I love it!

GEL

• Author
1) I am stubborn.

2)I disobey God. This is major :eek:

3) I am sarcastic(though I like me that way):cool:

4) I don't trust like I once did.

I'm VERY sarcastic too. I don't see that as a flaw, having a sense of humor is a good thing :)

• Author
Greatest flaw? I see all sides of the story and it makes me often times TOO empathetic.

Greatest virtue? I see all sides of the story and it makes me often times TOO empathetic.

Haha, I do think it is a good quality and NOT a flaw!

You can be opinionated, play devil's advocate, challenge me all you want, but if you are assured you know it all and no can tell you anything....why are you here?

I feel that way about those people in real life.

I totally agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if I'm discussing different views with someone and they just refuse to listen to facts or logical arguments, I just no longer bother.

I did admit that sometimes once my mind is made up (about someone) it stays made up - but that only happens AFTER I get evidence to certain things that make up my mind about them.

Other than that, I like to be open minded and just listen to all sides.

• Author
No patience for stupid, cruel, arrogant people. Can't stand gossiping and back stabbing.

Some of you have a short fuse - mine is practically non-existant. One wrong word, glance, gesture - boom! I explode. Working on taming this beast. Not easy.

Very independent. Somewhat of a procrastinator. Can't tell a lie to save my life.

We are so alike, its insane!!

Thanks for sharing :)

• Author
Great post Tiger!

I am:

Opinionated

Too trusting

Incredibly independent (which can be a negative if you are married to a man who wants to take care of you all the time)

aawww, yeah I can see how that kinda puts lil hurdles to his attempts, but its good to be independent - but yeah, if the fella wants to do some nice things for you - let him!! :)

Honest to a fault (again, this can be a negative since I refuse to lie and answer a direct question when asked).

Impatient as heck!

I hear that!!!

Tiger, you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for starting this. I have noticed (as sporadically as I have been here lately) all the angst, fighting and intentional jabbing being done. :( The snippiness is taking away from those who are here for help/opinions/advice. Their posts get lost amongst all the infighting, the "you can't post here", the demand for certain wording of posts, etc. :( Gets old real fast.

Thanks Fooled Once :)

You're always so supportive of my posts, and you're so sweet :)

I think everyone has noticed that things have gotten a lil catty around here, but I hope that those that want help, or just wanna vent, or simply want to socialize will be able to get there without it leaving a bad taste in their mouth.

• Author

I just wanna thank everyone for playing my flaws game - Now I got dirt on all y'all - MuaHAHA HAHA :D

I kid, I kid ... thanks again :)

Flaws:

Too many to list, but the short list flaws are; impatient , opinionated, extremely independent.

Too trusting in others, tend to be a loner, (friends often come and pull me out of my shell).

May or may not be a fault, but I am more concerned with what others need, than putting myself first.

Don't know if this is a flaw either, but I am open to others percpectives on issues.

• Author
Flaws:

Too many to list, but the short list flaws are; impatient , opinionated, extremely independent.

check, check, I'm independent, but don't know what qualifies for 'extremely independent'

Too trusting in others, tend to be a loner, (friends often come and pull me out of my shell).

aawww, now I'm gonna picture a turtle every time I see your name! - that's ok tho, I think turtles are cute.

Thanks for sharing tur...oh I mean skywriter :p

Hi Tiger,

Yep, I'll be a turtle, they're quiet and layed back, like myself.

"extremely independent", meaning, can be too stubborn to accept help from others, hence, putting others needs ahead of my own.

peace...

I can be reactionary.

I am not a very effective communicator.

I am emotional.

In the forum, there has been a couple times when the being emotional combines with being reactionary, with a smidge of the ineffective communication, and sometimes, it borders on the train tracks as I just try to make a dent in what is frustrating me. Kaboom.

• Author
Hi Tiger,

Yep, I'll be a turtle, they're quiet and layed back, like myself.

Yeah turtles are awesome, and they're super cute too.

"extremely independent", meaning, can be too stubborn to accept help from others, hence, putting others needs ahead of my own.

peace...

Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah I'm definitely not 'extremely' independent. I'm independent, but when I need help, I ask for it.

I do tend to put other before me, but I find that once my pride is involved and people are being disrespectful - that's it! they're needs are no longer on my radar.

Thanks again :)

• Author
I can be reactionary.

I am not a very effective communicator.

I am emotional.

In the forum, there has been a couple times when the being emotional combines with being reactionary, with a smidge of the ineffective communication, and sometimes, it borders on the train tracks as I just try to make a dent in what is frustrating me. Kaboom.

ooooh, what a mix!! :)

at least though you're objective and are aware of all those variables within yourself - that's definitely a good thing.