for those whose ex left due to g.i.g.s.....

Mine, after 4 months wants to. I don't know if I can trust him again so just dunno. heat says yes , head says no. Just don't know

x

Mine, after 4 months wants to. I don't know if I can trust him again so just dunno. heat says yes , head says no. Just don't know

x

WOW, he came back? That's... well, it shouldn't be surprising because it can happen, but wow. :eek:

onetoughkitty

He sure did. Him and the guy I dated after him came back just recently. It was like the Twilight Zone or something because I just got dumped and these two came sniffing around at the same time. Shut 'em both down.

He sure did. Him and the guy I dated after him came back just recently. It was like the Twilight Zone or something because I just got dumped and these two came sniffing around at the same time. Shut 'em both down.

:eek::eek: Is this the fiance that left you for a younger co-worker? If it is, :sick::sick::sick:. The ego of some people!

My ex wants to be "friends" and now she hasn't got any problems with people seeing us together in public places again(a month and a half ago she had, because she broke up with the support of her "new friends") . Yet she's been dating another guy, I know. So in my case, she wants part of the boyfriend thing, without intimacy.

Maybe she's got this way because of me having a new girlfriend. But yeah, my ex still shakes me, it's been 3 months (1 and a half with NC - Part II ).

Had my first long term girlfriend come back from it almost a year later. I kind of let them stick around a bit, but in the time they were gone I'd clearly wised up to both her and myself and was no longer in love with her.

I think it's a big factor of who the person is, what they meant to you, how they left it, and the timeframe.

• Author

it means grass is greener syndrome, there are a couple of threads that describe it in great detail, check around for them :)

"Grass Is Greener Syndrome", everyone knows about the grass being greener and all, this is the only place I've seen it referred to as a "Syndrome" though, but it works well enough for most of the situations here.

Generally it is adapted best to situations where a relationship ends not because of any major issues between two people, but when one person in the relationship is drawn into the idea of something new.

I'm in LC right now with my ex who left with GIGS I guess. I don't know if I could take her back because when's to say she is just gonna leave again. I'm taking it day by day. Like someone said, heart would say yes, head would say no.

Well I guess mine had the GIGS

She wants (or wanted) to be friends. Not gonna give her that though. Can't have a friendship with someone like her.

Yes, she wanted to get back in less than two months. I gave her a second chance. We're now more involved with each other.

Bests regards!

Oscar.

I would reject anyone who left me over GIGS, IMO GIGS is a personality flaw and a sign of immaturity. Like my friend who seems to pack up and move to a new city every 2 years or dumped his wife after 1 year and is on a non-monogamy binge... one of the most impulsive and immature people I know.

• Like 1

My current ex left due to GIGS. Honestly I don't know if she'll come back, I've been in NC for a month now, 2 months since break up and I'm at the point where I still love her but don't know if I could ever take her back. It really is a sign of immaturity in a lot of ways, but at the same time it's slightly understandable when you're younger like I am, once you get into your mid to late twenties though it kinda becomes childish though. Idk we'll she if she comes back but if she does who knows what will happen?

onetoughkitty
I would reject anyone who left me over GIGS, IMO GIGS is a personality flaw and a sign of immaturity. Like my friend who seems to pack up and move to a new city every 2 years or dumped his wife after 1 year and is on a non-monogamy binge... one of the most impulsive and immature people I know.

I wish they had like buttons on here like they do on Facebook. I totally agree with this!

SimonSerenade

My ex left due to g.i.g.s or what I like to personally call "Peter Pan syndrome", Only god knows if she'll snap out of it and want me back one day but I doubt it, She needs to grow up big time and stand on her own two feet.

She recently emailed me pretty much hinting that she feels sorry for me cause she feels I'm still having a hard time and should know that she's just not "the relationship type" and dosen't want a man in her life in that way, She told me she had completely healed from the relationship (3 year relationship with a kid) after only 6 months, g.i.g.s is a strange thing and I think she was feeling it way before the relationship ended as she was constantly pushing me away and treating me like crap constantly without a rhyme or a reason for it.

I think it fell on her once our son was born (He's turning 2 next month) cause from the moment he was born, She moved back to her mum's, Went out a lot getting drunk and her attitude towards me just changed completely.

My only geuss for the cure is moving on and eventually getting with somebody else and if for some reason the grass ain't greener for them and they see you with some pretty damn green grass then I assume then and only then they snap out of it and give it the whole second thought process.