What five words would you use to describe marriage?

Originally posted by Thinkalot

lol! I shouldn't laugh, but that was a clever answer

LOVE IT!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

kill me I made mistake

i *just* got this! bwhahhaa! :laugh::p

curiousgeorge

Hapiness

Bliss

downhill

nastiness

f**** its over

Since then Iam glad she freed me. I grew up. I met someone else and I hope I will get the chance to marry her.

Well...well....well.....We can CERTAINLY see who is happily married and who is NOT! :D

I wish I would've been on a site like this when I was married. Samsom, Fred, Post-Bark, Hokey and I could've started a damn "My Spouse the Louse' CLUB!!!

HokeyReligions

LOL!

Actually I meant mine in a positive way. Although I would like a part-time, temporary membership card just for venting purposes! ;)

loneliness -- I would never have felt lonely if I had not had someone to miss and to miss me. It's just part of learning to communicate and part of the total experience. It doesn't have to be an end-all/be-all to the marriage. I woudn't not want to feel that sometimes, because it makes the non-lonely times better.

heartache -- the same as above really. It's a strengthening agent in many cases, at least in mine. We are divorcing now, but not because of any traditional reasons. No infidelity, no abuse, no neglect, and it's not even about the lack of sex. It's just that our children are gone, my mother is sick, and we just need to be apart right now to find our own selves and for us we need the divorce for a cleaner break.

joy -- I don't know that there can be true joy without some pain somewhere, otherwise how would we recognize it as joy and not just transient happiness?

strength -- We are constantly amazed at how strong we can be for each other and we empower ourselves this way. I've done things I never would have dreamed of because I've been in situations that I never would have dreamed of and I HAD to what was needed. Together we have done some amazing things for ourselves as individuals and also for our self as a couple.

crutch -- someone to lean on when we don't have the strength. Like now with my mom, and back when our kids passed-- we tried to make sure one was the crutch when the other lacked strength.

In a statement: A rather confusing moral dilemma.

Or...

An obsolete and fanciful dream.

Maybe even...

Willfully induced state of madness.

• 2 weeks later...
catspajamas

1 fun

2 making love

3 fighting

4 making up

5 make-up sex

This basically sums up the cycle of life after marriage. Hopefully we all get more of 1 and 2 and 3 never comes without 4 and 5!

What it should be:

Love

Respect

Trust

Understanding

Passion

What mine seems to be at this point in time:

frustration

selfishness

sarcastic

over-indulgent

laborious