2011 goal setting diet and fitness thread

Air squats, walking lunges, and running up stairs... that'll do it too, even faster. :)

What are air squats? Do you squat and then jump up? I live on a fourth floor apartment so that gives me an excuse to skip the elevator.:)

What are air squats? Do you squat and then jump up? I live on a fourth floor apartment so that gives me an excuse to skip the elevator.:)

No, I just mean squatting without any weights. But holding some hand weights would work too, or putting them on your shoulder. Or heavy books. You can improvise. ;)

Feet shoulder width apart, and squat down like you're going to sit on a chair. Break 90 degrees with your knees. Push up through your heels. I do them in the kitchen while waiting for water to boil. :laugh:

No, I just mean squatting without any weights. But holding some hand weights would work too, or putting them on your shoulder. Or heavy books. You can improvise. ;)

Feet shoulder width apart, and squat down like you're going to sit on a chair. Break 90 degrees with your knees. Push up through your heels. I do them in the kitchen while waiting for water to boil. :laugh:

WOooo you go girl :laugh:

OP doesn't like muscle on her body. It has already been discussed ad naseum.

Everyone has to have some and a few pounds of muscle won't add much, visually. Too bad.

Well, I have to take a month of of running at the beginning of the year but I can walk on the treadmill. I will have to cut WAY back on food so that I do not gain weight from stopping running. I need to go buy a lot of fruits and vegetables and take all the junk food out of the house! My husband will just have to deal with it!

Everyone has to have some and a few pounds of muscle won't add much, visually. Too bad.

Well no sh*t...but OP doesn't want to believe it...trust me, we've tried...:rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes:

make me believe

I recently started going to the gym every other day with my fiance, so I want to keep up with that. My goal is to be able to run several 10 minute miles, right now I'm working towards 3 miles in 30 mins. I should start doing more yoga too. I was really consistent with it for a few months, then I let it slip :( Also I want to experiment with a high protein low carb diet and see how it makes me feel. I'm not anti-carb by any means, but I tend to eat a LOT of them so it would be good to get out of the habit of automatically reaching for something carby when I get hungry.

• Author
OP doesn't like muscle on her body. It has already been discussed ad naseum.

Actually, I do like muscle; but I like the type of muscle that results from pilates, yoga, and running.

I AM NOT skinny fat; I have a nice amount of muscle and I am firm enough - I DO have muscle, however, I do not like the way my body looks when I lift heavy weights. I have a severe face, and I look masculine if my body fat drops below about 19%.

I DO NOT WANT to gain weight in the form of muscle. I like how my body looks now.

I like the way my body looks best when I run regularly and do Pilates. I look this way this way more than I do when I am heavier (with more muscle and less fat)

• Author
Well no sh*t...but OP doesn't want to believe it...trust me, we've tried...:rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes:

I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MUSCLE.

STOP UNDERMINING MY GOALS, HOKIE.

YOU TALK TO ME LIKE I AM AN IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO FITNESS AND NUTRITION.

I HAVE ACHIEVED some great goals with my body, and do not deserve to be talked DOWN to; I have a good body, I AM NOT saying I am " great", but I have done a darn good job with my body, and I AM SICK OF YOU TALKING TO ME like I " have no muscle, and a high % of fat, and have no clue about nutrition or fitness".

Seriously, Hokie. ENOUGH is enough. DO NOT talk down to me. I was chubby as a teen, and managed to reverse it; I have also been too thin, and I gained to a healthy weight with no help, either.

I have been at my bodies ideal weight for about 4 years now, and also overcome binge eating, in addition to working out consistently, and attaining a body that has a firm look.

Instead of talking to me like I am an idiot for not wanting to GAIN WEIGHT and put on muscle, YOU SHOUDL RESPECT MY DESISION to MAINTAIN MY CURRENT ratio of muscle/fat.

I ACTUALLY LIKE the amount of muscle to fat that I have, AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

SHEESH. I LIKE MY BODY AS IT IS. I DO NOT WANT TO DEVELOPE MORE MUSCLE.

I am so so so so soooo sick of people wrongly assuming that I am " skinny fat", and am flabby with little muscle!

RUNNING regularly and ding Pilates and stretching types of exercises actually can give a person a pretty decent looking body.

• Author

I have pictures on facebook: add, Leigh Walters, Gosford, NSW.

I cannot put picts up elsewhere, so look at my facebook pics if you are so convinced that I am skinny fat: there is a pic of me in a bikini top and shorts, and there is NO flab on me.

I am at a slim weight, therefore I do not have enough flab to be off putting. On the other hand, I am not supre firm; there is nothing wrong with the way I like my body. I just do not like how I look heavier and with more muscle.

Now, back to my goals.

First of all, thank you all for sharing your goals with me!

Like a few of you, I also have a goal: to run more!

I have had OVER TWO WEEKS OFF from running and have gained 1 lb!

Running gives my body suck a slim and firm look - I barly got into running - I did it for about one month for 3 days week, for a period of 30 minutes per time.

I noticed results from only running for 30 mins, three days a week; inadvertently, I lost weight, because I did not feel more hungry even though I burnt more calories through the running.

Actually - I find that running makes me LESS hungry, for some reason, and running also helps me nto over eat ( after running, I do not feel like eating too much food and over stuffing myself with a huge meal)

GOALS: - to run 3 days a week for 30 minutes

- to do a matt workout every day ( one of Tracey Andersons matt workouts, OR a pilates DVD)

Lastly, STAR - The paleo diet has had fantastic results in many people; it helps a lot of people with their skin. A paleo diet is the way humans were designed to eat; animals, and vegetables we killed and picked ourselves.

Although, I personally could not do the low carb paleo; I do the higher fruit version, and use sweet potato as my carbs too, and have sprouted grain bread when I want some variety ( available at raw food shops and restaurants)

• Author
Great! This thread can end then! :bunny:

STOP FINDING SOMETHING WRONG IN EVERY F*CKING THING THAT I SAY.

You and hokie always do it, and I am sick of it.

I do like the way my body is; but of course, I have a lot I want to improve.

I have not been to the gym in two weeks, and I look ssignificantly better when i run almost daily.

I actually attain a very firm body through just running and pilates. Yes; firm, not flabby.

WHat I DO NOT want to do, is to gain weight in the form of muscle, by lifting heavy weights regularly; THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME UNFIT, skinny fat, or un - knowledgable in the area of fitness.

Citizen Erased

Just do it, stop starting a million one threads about how you want to do etc etc. Everyone thinks you're a loon, you aren't going to get any help from this place.

Seriously. Find a fitness forum. We can't help you.

Giving out your personal information on here BTW is a really dumb thing to do.

From the picture I see, with the body contorted just so to show off the T&A, it does appear there is some flab in the tummy area.

Seriously. Find a fitness forum. We can't help you.

Giving out your personal information on here BTW is a really dumb thing to do.

Word. :cool:

From the picture I see, with the body contorted just so to show off the T&A, it does appear there is some flab in the tummy area.

Awww...I wasn't able to find her...

Citizen Erased

Really? Classy...

• Author

I think the picture is nice..... there was absolutaly no need for the " classy" comment? I simply wore the a normal top and pink sweat pants.

You are nasty people, who prefer to talk about my shortcommings; I mean STAR - I do not look that bad in my pics on face book, I have slim legs and arms and look okay - but of course, youc annot mention the positives, you ONLY talk about my flabby stomach?

I do not have stomach flab that actually sticks out and hangs down - my stomach is tight and flat - but the shape of my body dictates that I have large breasts and a thick midsection, due to genetics. Which I hate. I have an apple/banana ( a bit of both) body shape.

And I do nto care if people think I am a loon; My goal is to get my degree, and do well in life; why would I care what total strangers think?

And I like talking about my goals - because when I reach them, it is fulfilling to be able to tell people about it and share my progress.

• Author

STAR, HOKIE, and now CITIZEN - please get the hell away from my threads.

You all think I have a low IQ, that I am lacking in intelligence, and have a bad body that is flabby, without enough muscle to be attractive.

I do not care, but you have no reason to talk to me again.

I am here to talk about my plans to start running again, because it gives me what I consider to be a great body, and it will make me feel good to be able to share my progress here with people.

I AM NOT here to be told that I need to gain weight, and develop my muscles, in order for me to reach my goals.

I do not like my muscles when they are ANY MORE developed than they are already; I LIKE my arms like this, AND DO NOT like my body when the muscles are more developed.

I like the current state of my muscles and I want to maintain them - albiet, firm up through running.

If you have nothing nice to respond to my goal of running more in 2011, then GO AWAY.

You are not nice people. You only pick faults in what I say, and do not think I have achieved anything.

I have overcome being over weight and underweight, and done a BLOODY good job.

I hope you go away, and do not waste any more of your energy on me, seeing as you think I am : stupid, flabby, have a bad body, and that lifting weights and gaining weight and muscle is what I need.

I hope you guys do not even respond to this post. I think I have a good body and have gone through a lot and done darn well, and DO NOT need you adding your disgusting and negative opinions.

I hope people who come here from now on are only here to share their goals, and to ENCOURAGE people to reach theirs.

Leigh, I haven't been on the site as long as the others but I still find that some of your posts raise red flags, the fasting one, for example.

Perhaps you don't like the 'tough love', however, that does not mean that there isn't some truth in what's being written in response to your posts.

You might not be ready to listen yet. That's okay, but I don't see how continuing to post like this where you are consistently the subject of ridicule is adding to your quality of life or happiness. Many would take the hint, take a step back and take a good long look at themselves. Lashing out just re-affirms that you are not quite emotionally stable enough to make what some would consider to be important lifestyle choices.

I sincerely hope that you take a break and re-examine your goals before posting again.

• Author

There is a LOT wrong with the things STAR did, too.

For example; my mum took a picture of me the other day, that I put on face book.

I rarley take pictures, and never try to show my breasts on purpose, to get attention, however: I do wear low V neck tops, because they suit my body shape the best.

STAR is such a horrible person, that she looked at the picture, told me I had a flabby stomach ( which is not true), and said that I was trying to show my breasts or something along those lines.

She said nasty things about an innocent picture - THAT says FAR more abotu STAR, than it does about me.

I mean - it wa sjust a simple picture - yet of course, STAR manages to find something nasty to say about it!

AND HOKIE - I mentioned that I have lifted heavy weights in the past, and DID NOT like how it made my body look.

HOKIE then says that I am an idiot who thinks it is bad to have muscle...

Since WHEN does " not liking heavy weights" mean that I am flabby with no muscle, and that I do not a firm and womens body?

Hokie cannot fathom, that it is possible to be fit and slim and have a firm, non flabby body - through running, walking a lot, and pilates.

So people on HERE are the ones who misunderstand ME - and are such horrible people, that they jump on any opportunity to say that I think certain things.