Separated and sad...

Sadandlonely71

willowthewisp

What kind of women just packs up the house and leaves whilst you are at work without telling you they are going?????? I'm sorry but something doesn't add up here, how long before she did this did you say you wanted a divorce and what happened in the time inbetween? Did she try to talk to you about it? Did you guys fight? What went one besides you sleeping on the sofa?

• Author
Sadandlonely71

I had said I wanted a divorce...she had said she wanted one a few weeks later. Mostly words said in anger...stupid I know. At my friends/family's advise I had intially visited a lawyer in August. I had a few weeks later told the lawyer that I wanted to work things out and that hopefully I wouldn't them.

In September, I received some travel documents in the mail indicating that she had booked a trip. When I brought it up, I was told I was being a jerk for asking about it...turns out she went away with her parents on a trip during Christmas. At that point, I was very frustrated and saw the lawyer...the lawyer advised me to cancel any supplementary credit cards that my spouse had on my account. I did that. Wife was EXTREMELY made at me for doing that...I advised that she was buying nothing for the house/food with the card anyways. Got so bad that I went to a friends place to stay overnight (my best friend...I would NEVER cheat on anybody). A few days later I came home to (essentially) an empty house.

...that's the "Reader's Digest" version in all its ugly glory.

So I'm again at the point where I think I have to 'throw in the towel'...I really don't want to but don't know what else to do.

Help!

willowthewisp

Your wife booked a trip without discussing it with her husband whilst you were together? Then told you it was none of your business? :confused:

• Author
Sadandlonely71

Yep...and I was the 'bad guy' for making her feel guilty about it.

...as I write all of this I'm starting to think I'm much better off without her!

It is true, the decision is hers. That's the sad reality. A women typically doesn't just decide on a whim to leave. She has thought long and hard and probably cried and prayed before deciding to move on.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. Sounds like she was looking for an out and booking a trip without discussing it with you is very strange.