How do I approach a woman at a restaurant?

Hi,

I'm not really shy but sometimes I need some help approaching a woman. For instance, if I see a good looking woman at a restaurant -- a casual place not some fine dining restaurant -- how do I approach a woman and start a conversation? Say, she's sitting alone and enjoying her food while busy on her laptop?

P.S. Please don't give me some sleazy pick up line

Edited by imsam
  • 2 weeks later...
I've done this before, just ask do you mind if I sit down?

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard in my life...

Simple ask her what shes eating?

Feelin Frisky

If she's intent on her laptop, I'd leave her to it. She's obviously not there to fraternize. If she were there otherwise by herself, scan for a ring. Ring--don't bother. No ring--maybe. Check out what she's eating and just say something obviously cheeky and flirtatious like "nice day for French fries don't you think?" (or, maybe cole slaw) She may choose to be friendly after that or you might not appeal to her in that instant. If she's friendly say "may I" and if she's agreeable move your @ss over there and sit opposite her. If she's indifferent or glib, sit not too far away. She might have second thoughts about not being friendly and turn to you. The try to advance the conversation and get with her. Don't bother her if she just doesn't acknowledge you.

Dont listen to seamless seriously just ask her if you could sit for a minute, tell her you're meeting some friends and just wanted speak with her quickly, then spit your game

Edited by cutecatch
Mistake

yeah asking her what she's eating works as well, honestly you can say anything and if you say it confidently and she likes you she'll invite you over. The first time I did this I was at a restaurant and there was this attractive blond girl she stared at me as I entered and I gave her a quick smile then went to order. I then went next to her and asked If I could sit down and she said yes. We talked she laughed, and then she asked me how old I was and I told her 21, I never saw such a dissapointed look on a womans face. She was 27.I didn't bother to ask for a number because I wasn't look for someone that much older. But hey it worked. Another time I did it with a girl at the school cafeteria and she gave me her number. Same question, may I have a seat.

one time I did it and the girl said, can't you see I'm busy.

the most important thing is that you go over and do something, don't let the fear of rejection hold you back.

Butterflying

If she's on her computer, chances are, she's not going to be interested in chatting, and certainly not with a stranger unless "there is something about you she finds irresistably attractive."

It's not a good idea to ask if you can sit with her because a lot of people will allow you to sit down just as a courtesy. It doesn't mean they are interested in talking to you.

So you really need something more direct like "Hello. My name is Bob. I really like your (fill in the blank with whatever you like about her). Do you have a moment to talk?"

All that other stuff about comments with her food is like a cheesy line. I always hate with someone tries to break the ice with a cheesy comment. I have been in situations like this and no matter what the guy says, I smile and say something direct like "I'm not interested." or "Would you like to exchange numbers so we can have a date and get to know each other better?" It cuts down on all the BS.

Edited by Butterflying
Step 1. https://thesocialyou.infusionsoft.com/go/pbd-sl/lizattra/

Step 2. Apply tips from step 1

Step 3. Learn to use Excel (to track all of those phone numbers) lol

Yup!

I am a woman and I'm not so sure that may I sit down is a good approach. Sounds desparate and eating in front of a stranger is uncomfortable even if you are confident person. Try looking at a menu and saying... "Sometimes food is like dating... (this lets her know that you are available) because everything seems to look good but you know there is that special "ONE" thing that keeps ya coming back for more. AT THIS POINT... I'D INVITE HIM OVER IF I WAS INTERESTED.

P.S. NEVER EVER COMMENT ON WHAT A WOMAN IS EATING...SHE MAY BE CHEATING ON A DIET AND THINK GOD THIS GUY IS LOOKING AT MY PLATE!!!

I'd ask her something about her laptop, but then I'm a nerdy girl. :) If you recognise the model, you could ask her if it's any good? lol I don't know if I'm very good at this! Or ask her if the restaurant has wireless internet access because you were thinking of bringing your laptop one of these days? Then take it from there if she seems receptive! I like guys that start with a neutral line or excuse for talking to you, rather than straight into a date request... It's the best I've got! :D

• 2 weeks later...
chinatownhustler

just sit down, ask if you have to. i wouldn't..

after a minute, tell her it's going to be an awkard lunch if someone doesn't start talking...