Secretely recording business conversations - can they be used in court?

• Author

I said that I accept my part. But this guy is FAR from blameless. He has acted completely unprofessionaly. You don't just favor employs to whom you have sexual attraction towards. That's crazy. His WORK demeanor towards me shouldn't have changed at all. Yet it did and it did drastically.

I said that I accept my part. But this guy is FAR from blameless. He has acted completely unprofessionaly. You don't just favor employs to whom you have sexual attraction towards. That's crazy. His WORK demeanor towards me shouldn't have changed at all. Yet it did and it did drastically.

Unfair, maybe. Unlawful, NO.

Star, can you answer my last question? Do you think I am getting fired soon?

There's absolutely nothing you've said that indicates they're ready to fire you.

I think you're projecting. I think that you think you deserve to be fired, and are concerned they might agree.

• Author
Unfair, maybe. Unlawful, NO.

I am not a lawyer but given number of lawyers that have all said the same thing, I will have to let this go :(

Thanks for your input.

I have a question for you:

Given everything I have presented here and in the other thread do you guys think that I will get fired soon? Feel free to be brutally honest.

OG, I think there are ways this could be salvaged - depending on the philosophy of your company and their willingness to spend money on sorting out problematic workplace relationships. A good method of workplace conflict resolution is to get a third party in as a mediator. That's a process which is without prejudice, and also supposed to be confidential. It also aims to be non-adversarial and non-blaming.

The aim, with a difficulty like the one you're having, would be to identify parties' needs and work out an agreement by which these can best be met. My hunch from what you've said about your boss is that he tends to avoid difficult situations. A process like mediation could allow him to specify what aspects of your work need to improve and how...and would also let you put forward ideas for what you need in order to function fully at work.

Not easy, though, for you as an employee to ask for a process like mediation. I would recommend you look through your company's handbook first, and see if this is a method they mention using in the case of workplace conflicts. It can be a very useful process in terms of opening up communication and improving working relationships.