Spat on a gay guy in photography class…

Well said, Tiki! Come to think of it, let's see pictures. C'mon. Scrotal photography right now so we can see exactly how large they are :laugh:

:o

You ladies read us so well :)

"Well, my digital camera has better optical zoom than yours! Loser!"

What about it do you need to analyze? I was responding to your wheelchair scenario, not an actual event.

Spitting is dirty. Spitting on me is equal to slapping my Mom. Very disrespectful- Jesus never would have done it- so doing it in the name of Jesus is sacrilidge (sp? :o )

Again- love the sinner hate the sin. ;)

Think you for your time,

Miss Fayebelle

Kay boys- back to your my Jimmy is bigger than your Jimmy argument ;) JK :laugh:

You would pick a fight, regardless of how it would get you hurt. Sounds pretty damn stupid to me.

Faye, mine isn't called "Jimmy". It's called "Stanley".

'Nother fine mess you've gotten us into, Stanley.

Nah, I'm not the type to pick a fight. I would defend myself, but not pick a fight. Sorry if you got the wrong impression, I didn't mean it to come off like I'm a person who would spit in someone's face just because of something they've said. When I said if they deserve it, they would've had to do something to justify my actions.

That's ok, because if you spat in my face, baby jesus would inspire me to turn the other cheek :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Papillon

Faye, mine isn't called "Jimmy". It's called "Stanley".

'Nother fine mess you've gotten us into, Stanley.

OMG! Moose- if you still have that joke I sent you this morn- you have to PM it to Pap!

Originally posted by Moose

I know that scripture well, it isn't the only place in the bible where it's mentioned. Do some research.

1. It's apocryphal anyway.

2. Research? Puh-lease. It's your assertion, back it up, or withdraw it.

Originally posted by dyermaker

1. It's apocryphal anyway.

2. Research? Puh-lease. It's your assertion, back it up, or withdraw it.

John 2:13-22

You'll see that Jesus made his own whip right there on the spot, yelled and drove them out in anger. Translations of the bible don't give the hebrew language justice. He told these people in so many words to get these things out of here! Stop making my Father's house a marketplace! This wasn't the nice Jesus, meek and mild, that the people in the temple saw that day. I don't think Jesus used the word "Please" here. I don't think He said this as a kind suggestion. It was an angry demand - get out of this house of worship! You are defiling this house of worship. OUT!

I said in my post that He displayed outrage and called them the foulest names known at that time. The key phrase is, "known at that time". He was extremely angry, cracking a whip at em', driving them out, do you really think he was being nice about it?

There are more clues in the bible young man.......you should read it!

I've been going to Church, studying these things longer than you've been alive,

I remember these things being taught to me, and they were lessons on Hebrew translations. That particular part of Scripture's translation into the English language tones down the actual meaning.

Translations of the bible don't give the hebrew language justice.

Muuuwaahahahaha, yeah, you've been reading it backwards all this time :lmao:

I've been going to Church, studying these things longer than you've been alive

That's just plain disgusting, and a pathetic tactic at bolstering your argument :mad:

Translations of the bible don't give the hebrew language justice.

:laugh: Hebrew, eh?

John's Gospel was written in Greek, and Jesus spoke conversational Aramaic.

There are more clues in the bible young man.......you should read it!

I've read the original, in its original language. Have you? It doesn't sound like it.

I've been going to Church, studying these things longer than you've been alive,

Doesn't seem to help your argument any. If anything, you've forgotten lessons over time, or, more likely been mistaught.

I remember these things being taught to me, and they were lessons on Hebrew translations. That particular part of Scripture's translation into the English language tones down the actual meaning.

I'd love to see a copy of John's gospel in Hebrew, I'm sure the Jews were really excited to learn about Yeshua.

Give it up Moose, I never said that Jesus was happy, I simply asserted that he didn't overstep his boundaries in the Gospel of John. If you want me to translate the Greek for you, I will.

Pap,

You need help. Why do you go around this forum twisting people thoughts and words around?

My length of studies compared to that of a child is very valid.

Moose, take it from an onlooker....

Dyermaker makes you look like a neanderthal. If dyer is representative of our young people, the world has a rosy future. Pity it's not the case, though.

I wouldn't go around bragging about the age difference when a 16-year old intellect is more incisive than yours.

Thanks.

loveregardless

but I've been doing...drum roll please...hurry get your stones...reading lately about the origins of christianity...and most of the stories are very similar to stories from much older tales from many, many different religions. Especially the story of jesus, or the dying god type myth...similar to stories of such "God's" as Tammuz, Ishtar, Adonis, Atys, Cabiri, and Odin...etc. All I am trying to say is that any argument based on Christianity is an argument based on the accumulation of many different myths into one dogmatic religion. I'm not even sure what you guys are arguing here...but I just wanted to put that out there. I'll go back now and try to figure it out again....perhaps I need to read from the beginning...(imagine that)...sorry, I'm having a slow morning.

My length of studies compared to that of a child is very valid.

I admire studies, I think they're important.

If you are taking translation classes, that's wonderful. An education in Hebrew won't help you at all with the Gospels, but it could help you understand a lot more about, say, Leviticus. That's a great one to start with, since a lot of people get bogged down in the concept of ritual cleanliness. Be sure to also study biblical context--for example, don't make the mistake of assuming each book was a moral handbook.

Originally posted by loveregardless

All I am trying to say is that any argument based on Christianity is an argument based on the accumulation of many different myths into one dogmatic religion.

I got the first part, but your conclusion doesn't neccesarily follow.

Anyway, if I can hurry before it's time to go to school:

Jhn 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,

Jhn 2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:

Jhn 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Jhn 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, [color=red]Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.[/color]

Jhn 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Jhn 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

Jhn 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, [color=red]Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.[/color]

Jhn 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

Jhn 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Jhn 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

First of all, I can't stress enough that Jesus spoke Aramaic, so any 'awful names' would have been in Aramaic. Save for the Passion of the Christ, there aren't any Aramaic chronicles of Jesus' words. John, whose gospel isn't a synpoptic gospel, wrote his Gospel in Greek the longest period after the death of Jesus, compared with the other three.

Anyway, the following are the only statements credited to J.C.:

[color=red]Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.[/color]

airo (Take) tauta (these things) enteuthen (from here).

poieo me (make with a negative. so, don't make) mou (my) pater (Father [God]'s]) oikos (house) oikos (a house) emporion (sort of like a flea market).

[color=red]Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.[/color]

luo (demolish, like a building) touton (pronoun, this) naos (temple), kai (and, conjuction) en (in) treis (three) hemera (days) egeiro (conjugated to mean 'I will raise) autos (it, referring to temple) egerio (this time being the product of what the subject was raising.

Now, your turn. What source do you have that chronicles the nasty language that Jesus uses. My point is only that Jesus was only exerting hsi divine authority. To whippeople or to swear at them would be inherently sinful, and not quite on par with the rest of his message.

On the Internet ( or internet, if that's what we're calling it now ) we're neither child nor adult. We're simply words on a computer screen. Being old doesn't excuse you from discussion, and being young doesn't exclude you from it.

Was that translation Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic? Just curious- I studied Latin and a lot of the words are similar so I was guessing Greek but I want to be sure.

Originally posted by Papillon

Moose, take it from an onlooker....

Dyermaker makes you look like a neanderthal. If dyer is representative of our young people, the world has a rosy future. Pity it's not the case, though.

I wouldn't go around bragging about the age difference when a 16-year old intellect is more incisive than yours.

Thanks.

If dyer is a representative of our young people, there ought to be more whippins and lessons taught in respect. And to quit trying to be Mr. Know it all.

So Dyer, what are you trying to say here? That the jews wrote these things down in greek? I don't think so. So you can read ancient dialects huh? I would love to witness that, that would be amasing!!! . How many other ancient languages do you speak? These men where Jews, Jews spoke Hebrew. The Old testament was originally written in Hebrew, here's my proof:

http://netministries.org/bbasics/bbasics.html

It also says in that link that the New Testament wasn't printed in the Greek language until th 1500's.

My point is in this thread is that Christians are allowed to get angry, and even defend themsleves physically if need be. But what this person did wasn't neccessary at all. Then you and Pap have to turn this into some sort of battle of the wits............nonsense.

If dyer is a representative of our young people, there ought to be more whippins and lessons taught in respect. And to quit trying to be Mr. Know it all.

So he should respect you just because your older? :lmao: An attitude MOST undeserving of anyone's respect :rolleyes:

And being Mr. Know-it-all is Dyermaker's job, and I think he's doing a splendid job, without even trying or raising a sweat. :lmao:

My point is in this thread is that Christians are allowed to get angry, and even defend themsleves physically if need be. But what this person did wasn't neccessary at all. Then you and Pap have to turn this into some sort of battle of the wits............nonsense.

"Your honour, it was total self-defense. I mean, all I did was go spit in this guy's face!" :rolleyes:

There's not a :rolleyes: big enough for your attitude.

loveregardless

because I jumped from the beginning of the thread to the end of the thread. I see now what the discussion was about. I still think that my prior statement is a fitting response however and that in using an example from the bible, good bad or otherwise to compare a course of action to is, for the lack of a better word, naive. However sometimes I worry that such arguments are made out of ignorance and not naievity(sp)...because making a conscious choice to discount other truths is ignorant...just not knowing yet is naive. I think that this boy was a a shining product of what Christianity imposes upon our young people...and which often shapes the complete mind of our adult citizens...the belief in a "story" in a "myth" in a "parable" or "sonnet" of any kind as absolute truth...the result of what dogmatic religion does to the mind. I am very shamed that any human would spat in another's face because of a difference of opinion...and the boy may correct me if I'm wrong...but I am sure that the conversation which preceded such an act was filled with degrading and insulting quotations and affirmations from the bible, from the LS boy to the homosexual boy...based on a "religion" that the homosexual boy knew better than to assume as "truth" and would have been prompted to disagree with with equal the amount of conviction as the other boy...and therefore the LS boy probably attacked him first with his verbal onslought, was furious at being contradicted, and then spat on him for disagreement. This is what Christianity does to people! This is what absolute dogmatic religion of any kind does to people...and it is our faults for raising our children to be as close minded as we are.

Have you read of the destruction which the Christain church has "bestowed" upon those of other religions/philosophies for merely being contradicted(the thousands murdered and the libraries burned)...it is a timeless characteristic of the faith....destroy those who disagree...for they are sinners and hell bound in God's eyes anyhow...