Alone Forever???

yessy21

im freaking out. my mother and i were talking and she said if i dont meet anyone then thats life and i will just be alone forever. like her. :(. im attractive and i have tried to move on but i dont meet anyone that makes me feel the way that i felt for someone else. 2 years and many dates and 1 short term boyfriend and i cant figure it out. i dont want to be alone forever but i dont want to be with someone i dont like. and the people that i meet just dont click with me. or they have a problem with me having a daughter. or they just want sex. what am i going to do?

You don't have to settle. You also don't need to pressure yourself into anything.

There are online dating sites specifically for single moms, there are also sites that are gigantic, like match, where you can specify what you're looking for and what your potential mate is looking for. This way, you won't find guys who have problems with your child or who just want sex. You have tons of options. You can PM me on here if you need more help.

• Author

i have tried trust me!!! i have done online dating sites and i ahve gone out with all my friends. and we are all equally attractive. those men in the sights usually are looking to meet women in the area cause they just moved or are workaholics or are cristian virgins. the men at the bars and hangouts are all party boys. noone comes up to u in the movies or market anymore cause its embarassing i guess. my mom has been alone for 15 years she dates but thats it. my sister and brother have been in long term relationships with the people they had kids with. maybe something is wrong with me. my dad grandma and aunts and uncles all have been with their mates for years. my grandmother this gorgeous woman killed herself for this problem. is it maybe me?

Nothing is wrong with you, and dating sites are not for losers. In fact, many of the most sociable people use dating sites, to meet more people.

I think you need to give the dating sites another shot, but it also requires a better mental state. If you're thinking that you have a problem, then that negativity will be felt by your potential partner as well. You can't have that.

If you want help finding a man for you, then first get your head right, and then feel free to contact me.

If you're thinking that you have a problem, then that negativity will be felt by your potential partner as well.

I always chuckle when people say "your negativity can be felt by others"

NO IT CANT!!

Have you ever heard of when people commit suicide, and NO ONE AT ALL had any clue they had a problem?

Explain that to me. Thousands and thousands of people go through life with issues, hiding it, and no one ever knows.

All that "be positive" crap is just that.

When I talk with a woman in person I dont rant and whine about stuff the same way I do on this forum. It common sense to know how to socally interact with people. But I can still have a negative mindset towards dating and she would never know.

People that give that advice:

"be positive" or "don't be negative people can sense it"

are people that really have no idea what else to say. They are just sheep regurgitating lines they hear other people say and think they are giving good advice by spreading it to others.

im freaking out. my mother and i were talking and she said if i dont meet anyone then thats life and i will just be alone forever. like her. :(. im attractive and i have tried to move on but i dont meet anyone that makes me feel the way that i felt for someone else. 2 years and many dates and 1 short term boyfriend and i cant figure it out. i dont want to be alone forever but i dont want to be with someone i dont like. and the people that i meet just dont click with me. or they have a problem with me having a daughter. or they just want sex. what am i going to do?

I pretty much feel the Same Exact Way. Just over two years single, a bunch of dates later, 1 wishy washy relationship, which she still drives me crazy with the friends deal now. Nothing seems to be clicking lately. Maybe I like them, but they dont like me. Or they like me, and I dont like them. It feels like an endless sucky nightmare sometimes. Should I settle? There is no way I can. I dont know what the answer is. Guess people like us are just going to have to deal with the way things are for now and keep our heads up. Its hard meeting a good match. I was thinking today how crazy this is. Hopefully things will turn around for us in a little time.

SincereOnlineGuy

First of all, stop thinking that this needs to be solved tomorrow, or by next year.

The more time that passes, the better you will do when eventually selecting someone who is right for you. The reason being that you will know yourself much better by then.

If you are "attractive", then lots and lots of applicants will be in your future, and you can continue to be selective until you finally christen that lucky guy.

CrestfallenNoMore

Please, dear Lord, for the life of me, tell me you're not actually 21 and feeling this way...

Unless a woman is completely repulsive she can easily find somebody if she does not want to be single.

Your post screams desperation and drama. You really need to get a life so that you dont define yourself in the context of whether or not you have a partner. Your relationship status is not a reflection of your value. Meeting someone with your mindset is going to prove difficult to form a LTR as it will more likely frighten a guy away.

• Author

i have a life. im 23 years old and i live my life everyday. as for drama.... the only dramatic thing in my life right now is me ending up 40 years old without having found someone to share my time and hobbies with. like my mother. and yes desperate to understand why before i never had a problem with finding the right people to be with at the moment and now i cant. i feel like im being punished.

Well I just happen to be 40 years old and seperated for the past 5 years, pending divorce. I work full time and go to the gym four or five days a week and life is pretty good. Was married for 8 years so know what it is like. So is your mum 40 years of age? Well maybe we got something going here lol. :D Im from Oz so a pity we live on other parts of the world.