do i demand too much?

Darkangelism

• Author
Originally posted by Darkangelism

The thing that bothers me is that I used to be able to say things like that to her, what I said was "I got horny when I looked at [person in our class] because of the short skirt she was wearing"

This what i said and had previously stated. I also said "She has nice legs"

It could be possible she was not happy about something completely different, and just decided to pick a fight over this to avert her anger.

Or perhaps she just does not give a flying flip about who does or does not make you horny and found the remark silly and boring.

Do you feel like you are competing with the other guy over her. Where do you see yourself ? Are you on the winning or on the loosing side of the game?

• Author

I don't feel that I am competeting, not anymore, Her and her bf have been going out for over a year now, I knew her before he did. I had a chance and did not take it because my best friend liked her and I let him have a shot, but he screwed up then her current bf met her. I competed for a short period, lost and gave up, then went through 5 girls since then.

Her best friend told me that she feels that my friend is unhappy in her relationship but won't admit it cause her bf is a control freak and is obsessed with her and she is afraid he might do something crazy(something she told me) if she leaves him. I put up a thread a few months ago saying that I didn't feel that their relationship was healthy.

Another thing that her best friend reminded me about yesterday was the fact that she didnt like me trying to date her best friend. Her best friend didn't like me, but I didn't know, my friend had been telling her things that I said, possibly sabotage anything from happening. But I don't know, im just shooting in the dark here.

• Author

I am not sure what I want, she is very attractive so i kinda want her, but i also don't want to hurt her bf so I don't know what I want at all, right now i am just ignoring her existance.

I think you should decide what you want out of friendships and act accordingly. I know many people like you who want total soulmates as friends - people to whom the can say anything and everything. That's fine but you will end up with lots of people just like you. My most valued friends are the ones who I can say anything to. But others are based on more limited shared interests, are drinking buddies, work mates etc. I get/give different things out of the relationships and a few which were purely social for ages have entered the ranks of life long friends. I think friends that fancy you are also OK (can in fact be fun) as long as you both know neither of you is going to take it too seriously. It seems a pity to lose this girl as a friend but if it's hearts and minds you value and you are not happy with anything else then it's probably for the best. It's not a matter of being too demanding but understanding what makes you happy, I think.