Coffee addiction?

Department of Dogma

zebracolors

Lets face it, its the caffine we are addicted to isn't it? Does it really matter what form we injest it in? I used to drink soda everyday and I know that has loads of caffine. But I stopped drinking colas about a year ago and have not ever had a desire for a Coke anymore. But İ still enjoy coffee and tea (since about 1998). Though I do now drink more water, milk and fruit juice in addition to these.

For that matter, chocolate has small amounts of caffine as well. (between .2-.7%) So even if you give up the java but have the occasional chocolate treat, you are still consuming caffine.:)

I quit drinking caffeine when I got heart palpitations from it and had to go on blood pressure meds. I switched to decaf only (so didn't cut the caffeine out completely) and didn't have any of the withdrawal symptoms that are common. That was about 5 years ago, and about a year ago I started making half decaf at work and at home, and ingesting about a cup of caffeinated coffee per day.

Everything in moderation, that's the key. A cup or two a day isn't going to do you any harm.