it was 1 year ago today

McGrupp

• 2 months later...

mcgrupp what does that mean when you say bump this as you see a lot of pain on the boards? do you mean for psot to be removed? how are you doing now. i printed out your story and words and also recommended this post/read to others on LS. lets have an update from you OK? good bad or indifferent. doesnt matter

thanks

bump this as i see a lot of pain on the first page of the boards...

Being one of those many stories of pain on the first page, I appreciate this thread. I remember reading some of your threads back in the day and you seem completely changed. It's inspiring, you've done so so well for yourself!

I hope I can emulate some of your success. This feeling is just so encompassing that it's difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you again for sharing.

i love mcgrupps post here. read it more than once and constantly recommend it to others.

mcgrupp i am gaining weight fast from all the sandwiches (food so to speak) i have enjoyed and got 9% out of.

but sadly my heart is still broken and head keeps thinking on him. i do try to keep busy everyday and write down positives in the day in my diary. i am still so sad though and cant wait to get out of this feeling. :(

your guild is good though and its one of those things i re-read to keep the faith

Your list is brilliant, and points very strongly to something I've been working on the last couple of months.

That is, the concept of the deep, intense, life changing relationship as a CATALYST.

That, ultimately was the purpose of the experience with that person, from the beginning to the end. To launch you forward and accelerate your life.

If we go under the assumption that typically, only great pain motivates people to make structural and fundamental positive changes in life, then it follows that, as harsh as it was, the experience was necessary to get to where we are, or headed.

I think that people try to freeze themselves in time when they are experiencing good times, but they want the time to go by fast, when they're experiencing pain. If we try to get out of that mentality, we're more likely to be happy, as paradoxical as it sounds.

McGrupp, this is a truly well thought out post.

mcgrupp the biggest thing i have to learn to do...and its kinda hard because he was extraodinary...had the patience of a saint (its true)

....but it is to take him off that "pedestal" . (you're number 2 on the list). i really have the hardest time with this..but i know ultimately...it will be my salvation in healing

• Author

i think the easiet way to take "them" off the pedestal is to meet new members of the opposite sex.

realize no one will be exactly like them, but there will be others who are better in a different way.

• 3 years later...
  • Author

Hello,

I know this post is from over 3 years ago. I just went through another breakup and looking at these words I wrote 3 years ago is amazing. Really proud of myself for these thoughts, and when this **** just went down I said, didn't I write an amazing thread on this once?

Anyway I see a lot of hurt on on the fist page so hopefully this can provide some hope.

• Like 2

Maybe we need a step number 11: Never get involved in a serious relationship ever again. It really is the only way to avoid all this nonsense.

• Like 2
Michael 93
well first i typed this thread out, and it was my whole story, form the bottom of the pit, to the tops of life. but i felt there was not enough space for me to express every emotion, every moment, every epiphany...so instead i decided on a 10 point list. now a lot of this has been said b4...so maybe i should just tell my story?

but ...#2 on the list

2) Take her off the pedestal. She wasn;t that special. Nope. She wasn't. Oh she had a good job?/traveled/ really KNEW you?/cooked/had a kid? what?

sorry but if she was so special and my ex was so special and all the other ex's are so ****ing special there most be a lot of special people out there.

and there are...but realize your not that special either. nope your not a special butterfly. you just are. so accept that also. that she wasnt that great and neither are you...did you do that yet?

did you KNOW you will meet someone better, someone more into you, someone who gives better sex, cooks better and laughs at all your jokes! MORE BETTER!

did you know that?

@McGrupp

You honestly believe you can find someone that can give you those qualities. Im still looking :o

IfiKnewThen

this was truly my favorite post. i referred this to and passed this along to so many ailing on love shake. i liked it because of its rawness and strength, and how it showed things take time...but you can get thru it. i am sorry for your recent loss. it goes to show this can happen again.....falling in love again and even loss again. prayer and the passage of time do a lot for me today...when i am lost for words to even describe wounds anymore.

to me, this post you wrote mcgrupp, was the single most classic informative post chronical on loveshake. hang on to that part of you that wrote this and made a positive impact on others lives. may have even saved a few. take that information and heal from it. make peace with ur current situation. when u are a peace with urself as much as u can be....u can live with yourself more and healing comes faster. and hold on to God and his love and mercy. take care and God bless you, during this time and always.

• Author
keep staying positive my friend McGrupp. Tour starts in a month

can't wait.

Maybe we need a step number 11: Never get involved in a serious relationship ever again. It really is the only way to avoid all this nonsense.

bull****.

@McGrupp

You honestly believe you can find someone that can give you those qualities. Im still looking

Keep at it man, had it twice since and both times although they ended were still a lot of fun and opened me up to the fact there are other women in the world.

this was truly my favorite post. i referred this to and passed this along to so many ailing on love shake. i liked it because of its rawness and strength, and how it showed things take time...but you can get thru it. i am sorry for your recent loss. it goes to show this can happen again.....falling in love again and even loss again. prayer and the passage of time do a lot for me today...when i am lost for words to even describe wounds anymore.

to me, this post you wrote mcgrupp, was the single most classic informative post chronical on loveshake. hang on to that part of you that wrote this and made a positive impact on others lives. may have even saved a few. take that information and heal from it. make peace with ur current situation. when u are a peace with urself as much as u can be....u can live with yourself more and healing comes faster. and hold on to God and his love and mercy. take care and God bless you, during this time and always.

appreciate this, hope you are well.

TrappedWanderer

Thanks for following up....was having an iffy evening...trying not to let myself get sucked into the "wtf now" blues....was good to read through the first few pages of this post and remind myself of some of that stuff. Here's to keepin on keepin on!

• Author

I think the "wtf now" feeling is natural...i prefer adapt, transition, adjust...etc.

like this is not a bad thing...it could be a really good thing.

anyway i don't need to go into the details but if you want a ray of hope, heres this, go back like a year, year and a half on here. you'll see names you proabably dont see anymore. what im saying is that eventually you will feel better. treat yourself right, and dont be ashamed. everything is going to be roses.

HereTodayGoneTomorow

Hi McGrupp - This is my first post on this site but have been reading through your past threads/posts. You're an inspiration to me and Im sure many others for coming back and telling your story. I applaud you for your progress from where you were years ago and the wisdom you have brought to everyone here to this day. You are a man now and you were a man then.

I felt your heartache in your posts back then and it takes a lot of guts to come on here and express your pain in the way you did.

It will be a lucky lady that spends her life with a mature person like you.

I thank you so much for your advice/guidance which has helped me put my life into perspective after being dumped few days ago by a boyfriend of 4 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
Hi McGrupp - This is my first post on this site but have been reading through your past threads/posts. You're an inspiration to me and Im sure many others for coming back and telling your story. I applaud you for your progress from where you were years ago and the wisdom you have brought to everyone here to this day. You are a man now and you were a man then.

I felt your heartache in your posts back then and it takes a lot of guts to come on here and express your pain in the way you did.

It will be a lucky lady that spends her life with a mature person like you.

I thank you so much for your advice/guidance which has helped me put my life into perspective after being dumped few days ago by a boyfriend of 4 years.

awesome. I just looked up this thread...was feeling a little sad. Don't be ashamed to feel sad is one of my go to's on here and I can't blame myself for feeling a bit nostalgic.

got to also point out going NC is way harder then 4 years ago. With Vine, Instagram, etc. ...its not easy but i think im on the right path.

Taking them off the pedestal is the hardest and most important step.

Until you do that, you will always feel you "lost" something rare or "missed the boat"

You will also compare other woman to her and they will come up short.

That's not good. Chance are too, she has someone else but remember there are probably lots of things that you have that he doesn't and she knows that.

Edited by siochana
  • Like 1