Kiss on the cheek?

Cuccoon

thank you for hitting the send button!!! I was about to do it myself...haha..(if that was possible). Okay, so now we wait...in the meantime, check OKC...just kidding...!

• Author

Well I saw he was on fb today but never replied to my message. Guess I got my answer. Man, I feel like I'm in high school! Nobody ever said this was easy.

I'm tired of hoping and getting disappointed. I think I"ll stop asking guys out for a while!:(

• Author

Nope he's not interested. BUt he was decent enough to tell me outright. I'm embarassed, buy hey, I tried.

I'm seriously going to stop dating for a while. Thanks anyway peeps.

• Author

Oh, I got kind of a "it's not you it's me" speech - he is having money issues, feeling overwhlemed with life, not too much time, - thinks I'm cool and all but doesn't want to "take it to the next level". It's fine. We're still friends. We've actually been emailing back and forth all day! I'm fine with it, I'm so glad he was open and now we can still be friends.

Then guess what?!?! Right when I was swearing off dating...

Another guy asked me out - out of the blue!

My five year old likes me to take him to fire stations. Last week we visited one and the fireman was flirting with me - kept saying "you should def. come by the station next MOnday." (It's around the corner). I figured he was probably just a big flirt, but hey why not? So we visited today,

and he asked for my number! Pretty forward, but hey! He gave me his number and said to call him this week.

Hope he's actually interested and not just looking for sex. How do you gals handle that one?

Kudos to you for going after what you wanted!! A lot of women would not have done that!

Do what makes you feel most comfortable. If you are comfortable giving him a call...go for it! You could also wait and see if you gives you a ring. Although, if you agreed to call him..go ahead and do it. You have nothing to lose! Best of luck and keep us updated!

• Author

THX Gattica!~

Well he asked if he could give me a call to go out, and I said yes. Then I said I don't have a pen. He went to look for one, but instead gave me his number. So, I"m the one making the call I guess (again - after I swore I wouldn't do this! lol).

My best friend said she would wait A COUPLE WEEKS to call, maybe go see him again in person first. She says to be careful in case he is a player.

He did say as I was leaving = "You can call me tonight and I'll have your number." She thought this was too quick and I should wait.

What do y'all think? Does he seem to be moving too fast? Should I slow it down or go for it? You know, I want a real relationship in the end, not just a date or sex. I want to get to know someone and be treated well for real. I have had a serious string of bad/emotionally abusive relationships and my friend wants me to be sure he's good stuff and for real. How do I know? Help, I am new to dating after nine years of marriage. I need some guidance!

I mean it feels good to be asked out (after being the chaser for a while here) and after a marriage where I felt really ignored. BUt my friend is right, I don't want to "jump in" with the wrong guy just because I like the attention. On the other hand, I'll never know if he's good stuff unless we go out a few times.