What are some signs of a gold digger?

classof2014

Men can't provide security. Men can't provide protection.

A woman might feel safe and secure because of a man, but it's her imagination.

Some women do marry to get a free pass ... but some men do marry because they get free sex... :laugh: (in fact, I've heard that one many times).

If you think husbands get free sex from their wives, then you are wrong. :rolleyes:

Oh and if your rich, get a iron clad prenup. even if the lawyer can get around it, she wont be getting totally half. it'll go to trial and deppending on the state. Well it might work.

I wanted to touch on this. I have no desire to be back into a relationship or even marriage. However, I never say never. There is no way in hell I would ever enter into a marriage without a prenup, ever. I have known a couple of people that had iron clad prenups and it saved their careers and homes.

But asking about your job is standard. I really find talking about work to be a much more natural conversation than the bland "what do you like to do for fun?"

Its probably standard for you.

If im out or on a date I never tell a women what I do for a living. Its none of her concern.

I usually tell them I save sick dolphins off the leeward coast, its a very rewarding craft and it allows me to give back so to speak. It also provides me significant discounts on tuna purchases.

Many many men want a trophy wife: She has an Ivy League Education, held a successful position prior to marriage (or kids) , always looks like she just left a modeling shoot, attends seminars and is on the board of a charity and a museum. She does these things because the H either makes more than they need and he prefers her not to work - so she can be supportive of his social obligations & networks. And because even if they have someone come in...she needs to be the caretaker of his children. If she hadn't married him she would still be working and will go back to work after the divorce, regardless of her settlement.

What the hell? You dont even know what a trophy wife is.

Elin Nordegren is an example of trophy wife. A hot babysitter who has nothing else but her looks.

Feelin Frisky

Elin Nordegren is an example of trophy wife. A hot babysitter who has nothing else but her looks.

Yeah. My gal is red hot, you're gal ain't doodly squat. Works for me. :rolleyes:

Who now owns an island in Sweden from what I understand. An Island!

Sickening.

If im out or on a date I never tell a women what I do for a living. Its none of her concern.

I usually tell them I save sick dolphins off the leeward coast, its a very rewarding craft and it allows me to give back so to speak. It also provides me significant discounts on tuna purchases.

Charming tuna reference, but I think a guy is psycho if he won't tell you what he does for a living. It is one of those basic things like where did you grow up and do you have any siblings.

Elin Nordgren is the daughter of a politican and a journalist. Her twin sister is a lawyer. She was taking a year off in college when she met Tiger and she's been slowly finishing it up. If she hadn't met Tiger she would have been more professionally successful but not as rich.

Elin Nordgren is the daughter of a politican and a journalist. Her twin sister is a lawyer. She was taking a year off in college when she met Tiger and she's been slowly finishing it up.

Just because your family is something doesnt mean you are something.

If she hadn't met Tiger she would have been more professionally successful

She MIGHT.

If she really loves "Sex and the City"

Ask her if she ever goes to the flea market, or invite her to go treasure hunting at a flea market with you one weekend. Hint: if her face flashes a sudden grimace of disgust and confusion, that's a big clue. The wealthiest people I know love bargain hunting at flea markets and starving artists street shows. Its the ones who went broke who insisted on buying everything brand new at the most expensive stores.

If she has really nice things (expensive purses, jewelry, sunglasses, clothes, cars etc) but doesn't apparently make enough money at her job to support these purchases, try to find out who bought it for her.... big warning sign, if it was her parents, they will be looking for some dumb guy to take this spoiled brat off their shoulders and start making her credit card payments. If she doesn't give you any explanation, or says something vague like "I saved up for it" even though you're pretty sure she couldn't afford everything she's got even if she saved for years, then getting a copy of her credit score will be very useful. She might already be tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

If you ever hear her or her parents make jokes like, "Honey, only date men with a nice, big... 401k! ha ha " or other jokes related to money. A non-gold-digger doesn't see a man's earning potential as his #1 asset or anything to laugh at, and her family generally won't either.

If she is secretive about her credit cards and loans, look closer

If her mom describes herself as "spoiled and lucky" that is a HUGE warning sign, or if they brag about making big impulse purchases of property or cars like its something to be proud of. That shows their family culture has taught their kids to associate out of control spending with pride and status

I think a guy is psycho if he won't tell you what he does for a living. It is one of those basic things like where did you grow up and do you have any siblings.

No, its basic for you! Tell me, what business is it of yours what I do for a living?

Elin dropped out of college for a guy with fame and fortune. What exactly did she do again?

meerkat stew
If she really loves "Sex and the City"

Ask her if she ever goes to the flea market, or invite her to go treasure hunting at a flea market with you one weekend. Hint: if her face flashes a sudden grimace of disgust and confusion, that's a big clue. The wealthiest people I know love bargain hunting at flea markets and starving artists street shows. Its the ones who went broke who insisted on buying everything brand new at the most expensive stores.

If she has really nice things (expensive purses, jewelry, sunglasses, clothes, cars etc) but doesn't apparently make enough money at her job to support these purchases, try to find out who bought it for her.... big warning sign, if it was her parents, they will be looking for some dumb guy to take this spoiled brat off their shoulders and start making her credit card payments. If she doesn't give you any explanation, or says something vague like "I saved up for it" even though you're pretty sure she couldn't afford everything she's got even if she saved for years, then getting a copy of her credit score will be very useful. She might already be tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

If you ever hear her or her parents make jokes like, "Honey, only date men with a nice, big... 401k! ha ha " or other jokes related to money. A non-gold-digger doesn't see a man's earning potential as his #1 asset or anything to laugh at, and her family generally won't either.

If she is secretive about her credit cards and loans, look closer

If her mom describes herself as "spoiled and lucky" that is a HUGE warning sign, or if they brag about making big impulse purchases of property or cars like its something to be proud of. That shows their family culture has taught their kids to associate out of control spending with pride and status

Funny they are the same on the West Coast as East. I would love to hear someone give more male gold-digger experience and signs, as I have been thinking about becoming one and need some tips.

No, its basic for you! Tell me, what business is it of yours what I do for a living?

Elin dropped out of college for a guy with fame and fortune. What exactly did she do again?

she was a maid/ nanny, but a HOT maid/ nanny. Trust me, most guys can't distinguish the differnce

Funny they are the same on the West Coast as East. I would love to hear someone give more male gold-digger experience and signs, as I have been thinking about becoming one and need some tips.

Gold diggers exist everywhere. Pre Rudy New York certainly had it's problems but one good thing about it is that it kept the SATC types and other spoiled yuppies away from the city. Now these types have taken over the place.

Gold Digger = If a woman and her children move into your house and then she quits her job. No need to work if she has a roof over their head and the man will foolishly pay for everything.

• 4 weeks later...

I dated a woman for about 8 months and she turned out to be a 24K gold digger. We were the same age, 55, and she was twice-divorced and I was a bachelor. She was very attractive for her age, about the best looking 50+ woman I've ever known.

I saw the signs along the way, but I chose to ignore them, because I fell in love with her and I craved the affection and great sex that she provided to me. In any case, these were some of the signs:

• She asked me point-blank on our second date how much I earned. She knew what my job was, where I lived and what car I drove so she could see what my standard of living is, but she insisted that I answer her question, even after I tried to laugh it off. Finally I gave her an answer that was $20K less than I actually make. I guess it was enough for her, though, because she didn't dump me right away.
  • About a month after we started dating and had had sex a few times, she took off for a long weekend to visit an old friend at his $800K home in an exclusive gated community in Florida. She didn't tell me before she left, but told me where she had been for 4 days when she returned. I should have dumped her then, but I didn't want to give up the great sex and I enjoyed her company and the affection she showed me.
  • We continued to see each other and a few weeks later I called her midweek to make plans for the weekend. She told that she would be busy on the weekend because her Florida friend was flying into town in his own plane to attend a reunion of old friends that she also planned to attend. I didn't say much in response, but I thought, "OK, that's the end of that." Then she called me an hour later to say that he had a problem with his plane and he wouldn't be coming to town after all and she asked me to come over that night for dinner. It was clear that I was "Plan B" and I should have dumped her, but again, I didn't want to give up the great sex. Moreover, I was by then falling more in love with her in spite of feeling rejected by her.
  • As I got to know her better, I became more aware of her precarious financial situation. She received about $1200/month in alimony from husband #2, had a job in a medical office but with no benefits and she had virtually no savings. Despite the fact that she lived month to month she spent money rather freely on stupid things like expensive sheets and unnecessarily expensive gifts for her teenage son (who lives with his father).
  • She's an alcoholic. I didn't realize this at first, because she never seemed to get drunk and I didn't always keep track of how much she drank. As I spent more and more time with her, essentially moving in with her at her place, I began to notice that her drinking habits were unhealthy. Being an alcoholic doesn't equate to being a gold digger, but I later concluded that she wanted someone to support her so that she didn't have to work and could pursue her drinking without the worry of having to go to work everyday. She is also a regular user of pot. I'm OK with some pot-smoking but if she had a supply, she would smoke it every day.
  • We went through three breakups, two intiated by her and the last one initiated by me. 2 months after the last breakup, she met a well-off retired guy 15 years older than her on a dating site. After dating the guy for a little over a month, they got engaged and then married another month later.

The breakup and her subsequent whirlwind romance and marriage were hard on me. I really questioned whether she ever loved me or just looked at me as a meal ticket. But I take responsibility for my own actions. I stayed with her despite clear warning signs. She's not a bad person, but just someone with issues and needs that I ultimately could not deal with. I genuinely loved her, but I probably stayed with her too long while knowing that I couldn't provide her what she was seeking.

A neurosurgeon I once talked to told me that he dresses casually and drives a Toyota sedan, I asked him why.

He said "keeps the gold diggers far away".

Think about this: Gold Digger VS Trophy Wife

There is someone for everyone

Many many men want a trophy wife: She has an Ivy League Education, held a successful position prior to marriage (or kids) , always looks like she just left a modeling shoot, attends seminars and is on the board of a charity and a museum. She does these things because the H either makes more than they need and he prefers her not to work - so she can be supportive of his social obligations & networks. And because even if they have someone come in...she needs to be the caretaker of his children. If she hadn't married him she would still be working and will go back to work after the divorce, regardless of her settlement.

If you cannot offer what it takes to get a trophy wife...you will call them gold diggers.

But unless you are in the habit of dating graduates of Cornell who are working abroad while staying at a relatives vacation home you will not meet a true gold digger.

Maybe freeloader? I think you would be able to tell one right away.

2sure is right. My GF WAS a trophy wife, but she brought a lot to the marriage. She is well educated, can manage several large households, deal with social obligations, charities and assist her H in his business/politics and always look f**king dynamite! She usually works pretty hard. Ok not a coalminer, but pretty hard. A goldigger is a leech, who has some beauty, but no talent for anything but spending money and being pampered. A sexual housepet.
A neurosurgeon I once talked to told me that he dresses casually and drives a Toyota sedan, I asked him why.

He said "keeps the gold diggers far away".

This is a good strategy. I know a few rich folks and you would never know unless you got to know them. I am starting to do better and better and that is the way I will live my life. There is no need to be flashy.