I attract men that are already in a relationship...why?

Gypsy_Soul

Interesting, I've wondered about this as well and I can't seem to pinpoint what it could be.

I mean what makes a single man different than one that's already taken besides the obvious?

Do you have any platonic male friends who you trust enough to give you an honest assesment? I don't know you well enough to say what it is.

• Author
Do you have any platonic male friends who you trust enough to give you an honest assesment? I don't know you well enough to say what it is.

Lol not to be funny but it seems like men don't understand what platonic means. I've tried the platonic thing and guys seems to think it's an automatic easy backdoor entrance to a relationship or sex. Well with me at least.

I mean what makes a single man different than one that's already taken besides the obvious?

A married man has a wife and family at home. He could care less about the outcome of a flirtation with a single lady, or any lady for that matter. It imbues his whole demeanor. Married women (my specialty) are the same way.

• Author
Woggle is right; generally when there's something all the people we attract have in common, we need to change something within ourselves to change that attraction dynamic. You need to think about what kind of man you're attracted to, what kind of aura they project. Why do you associate so heavily with players, low-class men? While there are plenty of them to be found, they are NOT the only kind of man out there, there are many good guys left. Why are you overlooking the good guys? And what are you projecting that makes the players see you as easy prey?

I don't know that they're players and low-class at first. One example is when I got back in touch with an old highschool buddy. We chatted and caught up with each other a few times briefly. Yes he said he had a girlfriend but he kept stressing that he wasn't married over and over.

His girlfriend, which is also the mother of his child, called me and left a very irate voicemail. So I just cut off all contact with this guy. It's like I can't even catch up with old school mates without them trying to hit on me.

I don't know that they're players and low-class at first. One example is when I got back in touch with an old highschool buddy. We chatted and caught up with each other a few times briefly. Yes he said he had a girlfriend but he kept stressing that he wasn't married over and over.

His girlfriend, which is also the mother of his child, called me and left a very irate voicemail. So I just cut off all contact with this guy. It's like I can't even catch up with old school mates without them trying to hit on me.

Uh-huh. Well, that does happen. Must be because you're so slender and beautiful. Did you say you wore an American size Three?

SincereOnlineGuy
Lol not to be funny but it seems like men don't understand what platonic means. I've tried the platonic thing and guys seems to think it's an automatic easy backdoor entrance to a relationship or sex. Well with me at least.

Men who seeeeeeeeeeeeem to be your "(platonic) friend" are really only in-line for a chance to date you. (they believe themselves to be in-line, and eligible).

Men just do not do the "platonic friends" with women (outside the workplace/neighborhood, etc.) whom they are not interested in dating or banging.

An exception to the platonic 'rule' is where mutual group interests are the primary focus. Also, presuming the man is single, the platonic female friend is necessarily a supporter of his romantic pursuits, as any healthy friend would be. It would be the same as if he were in a relationship/marriage, where she is a friend and supporter of that dynamic.

I've met very few women who meet those parameters and have had some long-lived platonic friendships with women. Some of them were the females I raced with back when I was racing regularly. We'd talk cars, get greasy together and help each other at the track. They'd clean my clock on the tree and then we'd have beers after. That's what friends are.

So, OP, the easy way out of this dynamic, since, as a woman, you will be forever attracting a wide variety of men, is to simply learn the skills of ascertaining their relationship status and then, in accordance with *your* standards, cut off and dismiss those who don't meet them. Don't give it a second thought. 'You're married; get lost' and carry on. Or, if you like being polite, 'you seem like a wonderful guy. I'd love to meet your wife. She's a very lucky lady'. You'll never see him again. Next. Eventually, you'll run across a single man and these thoughts of all the inappropriate advances will be out of your head. Care less.

BTW, I attract married women like fleas. My guess is, for you, they (the men) want to have sex with you. With me, they (the women) want to (and do) tell me their deepest, darkest secrets. We're receptacles, just of a different type. We're in charge of the receptacle part. Make a different choice. Good luck :)