Indian guys in interracial relationships are rare, so have you seen exceptions?

Labster12

ViciousViolet
I was curious because I heard that Indian men have a bad reputation, what if women don't want to give me a chance based on that reputation.

I still don't know why Indian guy - Latina is so rare though, so many Hispanics in the US and everything.

I'll be rooting for you and this new girl.

Not everyone is open to interracial dating so if your preference is for someone other than an Indian girl you will come across some rejection. The interracial dating world isn't as open-minded as many think. There are many guys who will date every race of girls but black which is very evident by what they mark on their online dating profiles. Similarly, I find that some Asian and Indian men deal with the same thing. No reason to obsess over it. Some girls will find your race/ethnicity sexy and others won't. You said that you don't like white and black women but that doesn't mean all Indian men feel that way. If it is okay for you to have a preference, it is okay for others as well.

• Author
I'll be rooting for you and this new girl.

Not everyone is open to interracial dating so if your preference is for someone other than an Indian girl you will come across some rejection. The interracial dating world isn't as open-minded as many think. There are many guys who will date every race of girls but black which is very evident by what they mark on their online dating profiles. Similarly, I find that some Asian and Indian men deal with the same thing. No reason to obsess over it. Some girls will find your race/ethnicity sexy and others won't. You said that you don't like white and black women but that doesn't mean all Indian men feel that way. If it is okay for you to have a preference, it is okay for others as well.

Amen. Thanks for the motivation. And I agree with your last sentence.

Actually as of late I have seen an emergence for an attraction to Asian men. No one answered my poll and survey except for like 5 or 6 people, rest was just debate.

ViciousViolet
Amen. Thanks for the motivation. And I agree with your last sentence.

Actually as of late I have seen an emergence for an attraction to Asian men. No one answered my poll and survey except for like 5 or 6 people, rest was just debate.

You know, if you would have asked me a few years ago if I'd date an Asian or Indian man I would have said no. Then I was actually approached by a cool Indian guy, dated him, and could see myself dating an Indian guy again. Sometime last year I found myself crushing on this Chinese guy and now have noticed more Asian men. Our preferences can change over time.

• Author
You know, if you would have asked me a few years ago if I'd date an Asian or Indian man I would have said no. Then I was actually approached by a cool Indian guy, dated him, and could see myself dating an Indian guy again. Sometime last year I found myself crushing on this Chinese guy and now have noticed more Asian men. Our preferences can change over time.

One question, lets say there is this pretty looking Latin chick standing all by herself, there is a Black guy, a White guy and me, would I be at a disadvantage with her because I am Indian or will how I present myself overshadow the fact that I am Indian?

ViciousViolet
One question, lets say there is this pretty looking Latin chick standing all by herself, there is a Black guy, a White guy and me, would I be at a disadvantage with her because I am Indian or will how I present myself overshadow the fact that I am Indian?

That is a hard one because I don't know what her individual tastes are. One thing she might consider is religion, and I'm not sure where you are there. If you show knowledge and an interest in her culture, it would work well for you. Tell her that you really love Latin culture and think the women are beautiful.

All other things equal, what would make me choose an Indian guy over another guy would be if he seemed eager to learn more about my culture while sharing his. You said you have a diverse set of friends, this is also a huge plus. The Chinese guy I crushed on also had a diverse set of friends, the Indian guy I dated did not. I'd choose the Chinese guy over the guy I dated any day.

• Author
That is a hard one because I don't know what her individual tastes are. One thing she might consider is religion, and I'm not sure where you are there. If you show knowledge and an interest in her culture, it would work well for you. Tell her that you really love Latin culture and think the women are beautiful.

All other things equal, what would make me choose an Indian guy over another guy would be if he seemed eager to learn more about my culture while sharing his. You said you have a diverse set of friends, this is also a huge plus. The Chinese guy I crushed on also had a diverse set of friends, the Indian guy I dated did not. I'd choose the Chinese guy over the guy I dated any day.

Well I am not really culturally Indian, not Hindu, I eat beef, I am a Christian but not that religious or anything and my parents cook Indian food which I eat but they don't care if I eat beef or pork or anything.

• Author

so yea......

what now?

Oh ya about yesterday, I once again locked lips with her at the movie theater, we did that about 4 times during the movie and towards the end as we were walking out she smacked me on the butt o_O

Then she smiled and said "see you in class". Well.......

yea =D

Edited by Labster12
  • Author

I want to further continue this discussion because some things really confuse me about Indian men and interracial relationships.

ViciousViolet

It seems like you are making progress with this girl in particular. What else would you like to know? Have you considered going to a message board with a majority of Latinas to ask?

• Author
It seems like you are making progress with this girl in particular. What else would you like to know? Have you considered going to a message board with a majority of Latinas to ask?

Meh it is not a big deal now but I just wanted to know how rare an Indian guy - Latina relationship really is, like if anyone has ever seen it before in their lifetime.

Meh it is not a big deal now but I just wanted to know how rare an Indian guy - Latina relationship really is, like if anyone has ever seen it before in their lifetime.

I told you I have seen many and you came back saying that some people went La Raza on an Indian with a Puerto Rican in Los Angeles as if you were looking for an excuse.

• Author
I told you I have seen many and you came back saying that some people went La Raza on an Indian with a Puerto Rican in Los Angeles as if you were looking for an excuse.

Noooo, I said I knew an ARABIAN guy married to a Puerto Rican chick who caught a lot of flak out in LA.

ViciousViolet

Okay, I have not, but that is because most Indian men do not pursue non-Indian women. I have seen Indian guy-White girl and Indian guy-Black girl--but it is still very, very rare. The Indians and Latinos around here stay within their own communities. If you pursued a Latina you'd increase your luck.

• Author
Okay, I have not, but that is because most Indian men do not pursue non-Indian women. I have seen Indian guy-White girl and Indian guy-Black girl--but it is still very, very rare. The Indians and Latinos around here stay within their own communities. If you pursued a Latina you'd increase your luck.

Yea, but see the thing is that when I started this thread, I was worried that what if it is a pretty Latina and she rejects me just because I am Indian and would I have a tougher time because I am Indian and the other guys are White or Black. No issue now.

BQ: What region do you live in anyways?

• Author

I wonder, how picky are Italian women? I have heard of Indian guy - White girl before but never Indian guy - Italian girl. Like usually it has been White Australian or White British (girls I am not into at all).

I wonder, how picky are Italian women? I have heard of Indian guy - White girl before but never Indian guy - Italian girl. Like usually it has been White Australian or White British (girls I am not into at all).

Watch out "Italian" and "Sicilian" have been accepted as "white" in America for a long time. Ive only heard stories of KKK types in the distant past denying their whiteness, for lack of a better term and that probably occurred because they were mostly Catholic

• Author
Watch out "Italian" and "Sicilian" have been accepted as "white" in America for a long time. Ive only heard stories of KKK types in the distant past denying their whiteness, for lack of a better term and that probably occurred because they were mostly Catholic

Yea but something confuses me a lot. I as an Indian guy have been mixed up for Italian (odd) and Hispanic a lot, all of these people online tell me that Latinas do not like Indian guys and that does not make sense to me because I mean if I look like a Hispanic guy I shouldn't have too many problems attracting a Latina. We are both "Brown" anyways.

Or am I missing out on how racist and bigoted the Indian culture can be, man I just wish I was Black or White, I wouldn't have to worry about this type of crap about girls not wanting me because of my race. I mean if I did then people would be telling biographies of a Latina that married a Black guy or a Latina that married a White guy because it is so common.

Being Indian sux, I wish I was White or Black, dating life would be so much better.

What the hell... you ppl need hobbies !!!

• Author
What the hell... you ppl need hobbies !!!

I do have a hobby, I am busy for most of the day and have 2 hours maximum for the computer daily, 30 minutes of those two hours I would usually spend on this site.

Also since I want to stay on topic.

My friends from LA (los angeles not Louisiana) said that Indian men are highly looked down upon there and interracial dating there is more clique as in women only go with Black or White men. Indian men are like at the bottom of the food chain.

What are some places in the US where being Indian won't be that big of a deal to me? I have heard good things about NYC.

Well, Im latina and I dated an Indian man, who imigrated from India when he was 18. I dated him for over a year...oh and we both lived in Los Angeles..

So it does happen, unfortunately, there IS this whole thing about Indian men not taking women who aren't indian seriously. I was cautioned SOO many times by the people around me.

The guy I dated seemed serious enough though, he introduced me to most of his family and often talked about possible marriage, but he wasn't so sure.

Still, at least he considered it.

I never encountered people looking down on us at all. I mean other than my mom but thats another story. (the whole he wont take you seriously bit)

• Author

Again I have a lack of exposure to this so I don't know how it goes, I go by what people who used to live out there tell me and I haven't heard good things at all.

• Author

Hate to go back to this topic but I know in the Caribbean, Indian guy - Black girl is pretty common. Throughout most of Europe and in the US, Indian guy - White girl is pretty common. I have heard of Chindians before and I heard that Indian guy - Asian girl is common throughout Asia.

Where in the world would Indian guy - Latina be common?

ViciousViolet

Dude, stop thinking so much about it! You're talking to a Latina now, it is not impossible. Ask some Latinas out and you'll be fine.

Where in the world would Indian guy - Latina be common?

Seriously...? Why does it matter if it's common...? :confused: