He wont post pictures of me on Facebook. What does that mean?

Jasmine777

• Author

He said he will up-date it this weekend and that he hasn't updated it in forever! I still think it's not nice not to post even one pic of us yet he posted nature and sunset pics on it that we took together! I don't care one bit about myspace or facebook that is why I am not signed up for it but the warning sign was that different women are contacting him on it from his past. Maybe I do need to get a life but my ex boyfriend was a cheater and I do not want to go through that again. My ex got furious when I put pictures of him on facebook when I was with him and yes he was a cheater.... This guy is great but do you think there is a part of him that doesn't want his ex to see a pic of me or is he very private? Relationships can be exhausting, lol.

I wonder how this turned out. I'm usually not one for Facebook myself, but the girls I've been attracted to are on Facebook. So this would be good to know future reference.

He said he will up-date it this weekend and that he hasn't updated it in forever! I still think it's not nice not to post even one pic of us yet he posted nature and sunset pics on it that we took together! I don't care one bit about myspace or facebook that is why I am not signed up for it but the warning sign was that different women are contacting him on it from his past. Maybe I do need to get a life but my ex boyfriend was a cheater and I do not want to go through that again. My ex got furious when I put pictures of him on facebook when I was with him and yes he was a cheater.... This guy is great but do you think there is a part of him that doesn't want his ex to see a pic of me or is he very private? Relationships can be exhausting, lol.

so why not open a facebook page and ask him to show his status as in a relationship with Jasmine777 (or your real first name, obviously).

why not? he IS in a relationship with you - see if he'll do it... so create the page before the weekend and make sure to send him the message that he has to either accept or ignore. THAT will also tell you if he's as serious about being truthful to you - and his facebook friends. it also allows you to post pictures YOU may have - TO his page. you send them and they show up to all his friends. ;) now IF he were to delete them too - i'd say you have a problem on your hands - he's a player if he does that...

Hi everyone! My boyfriend of many years does not have one picture of me on facebook, my space and so forth.... I just looked it up today and saw that he does say that he is in a relationship but doesn't have any pictures of me on it. He has his ex girlfriends on there and to this day they still contact him and according to him he does not contact them back.....What do you make of this!?

maybe he does not want his ex GFs or old high school friends to see how you look like and thus give them a means to talk sh*t! I am sure you are good looking ( all LS posters are ;)) but some people will find something to criticize-for the sake of criticizing.

Facebook can definitely cause some drama.

Personally, I have a lot of work colleagues on Facebook -- people in my company, as well as people in my customer's company and people who work for our competition. I have my basic privacy level set to "Friends of Friends", but anything about politics, religion, interpersonal conflicts, or other things I wouldn't want my boss to see is "Friends Only" with the list of work colleagues excluded. Usually all my work colleagues see are news articles or the occasional music video.

When my dad was in the process of dying, for example, I posted quite a few things about the struggle to get him into hospice and my frustration at so many options being unavailable to us because he was HIV+. My bosses (because of FMLA paperwork) and a few close coworkers knew he was dying. But the first thing the rest of them saw about it was the night he died, when I posted a picture of him from when he was well and thanked everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It was the same picture used in his obituary.

But privacy settings being what they are, the "feed" items like the cutsey little heart would show up to even that restricted list (if you try to block a group from seeing those items, you block them from your wall entirely). I don't care to advertise to my work colleagues if I am in a relationship or if I break up with someone. It's honestly none of their business. I'd remove the heart, and if they cared enough to click on my profile they'd see that there had been a status change without it showing up on their feed.

Apparently some of the people who work for my customer are not so careful. I read one post from one of them that said "So I checked Facebook on my droid at work and learned that my wife has removed me as her husband and changed her last name on her profile. Great way to get the news, eh?" Great way to look like an ass is more like it. Turns out she was attempting to make her maiden name show up in searches along with her married name and screwed something up. He removed the post, but it was there for most of the night.

As far as pictures, I only had one that was ever taken with the ex I was last with in the nearly five years we dated. Someone else posted a pic of me and an ex -- from 12 years ago -- and tagged me in it, so it shows up on my profile. And yes, I still talk to that ex. If the pictures of him with his exes are not posted to his own profile but are just merely tagged with his name, I think someone might be making a mountain out of a molehill.

As someone who has been through this I can tell you this is the bottom line: he wants to be with you but he also LOVES the attention he is getting from these other women and he really doesn't want to change anything about his site that would make them back off and disappear.

You can bet your bank account that they are sending him private little flirty messages too. These kind of women love to do that. I would bet that if I hadn't caught my husband doing this, he'd still have that secret site open. When I forced my husband, (then boyfriend) to close his MS site down, they FOLLOWED him to his emails, sending him flirty little chain mail crap, and little updates, and stuff like that. I don't think he would have done anything, but he loved the secrecy, and going to it, and seeing if any of them had sent him a little note. They are to a small degree "cake eaters'..

On a weird note, I finally gave up with the one ex, she was so hopelessly in love and constantly sending him "friend invites", I accepted her "friend" request on our joint facebook. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.:laugh:

Similar thing happens to me. My bf doesn't have my pictures put up on fb, I thought it's fine because I don't have his either. But once he left his fb page there and left and I saw he has pics of his ex in a hidden album, I don't konw if it's only hidden to me or everyone else.:( If he put up pictures of an ex, why not mine...

Funny, something as simple as "Facebook" coming into this world...has caused so many friendship and relationship problems.

It can mean a few things. Sorry if any sound a little harsh.

1) He's embarrassed by you.

2) He's a cheater.

3) He doesn't care about Facebook and so doesn't update it much?

4) He wants to keep that "part" of his life away from you; you don't have to be included in every part of his life. It is a little weird he hasn't removed his ex's pictures though, I'll give you that.

5) You need to sort your priorities out and focus your attention on more important things than a pile of crap like Facebook.

My ex (Skiman) didn't have any pictures of me on his FB in his own albums, but he only had a few pictures to begin with and didn't have any of ANY other women, exes or family. His did say "In a Relationship with Star Gazer" (was quite the cute event when we became "FB official":laugh:). He was too lazy to put up pictures of me I guess, but he was tagged like crazy in them. In fact, he still is... But without the status now (both "single"), it looks like we are just friends... Which we are.

So I think it all has to be read in context.

Funny, something as simple as "Facebook" coming into this world...has caused so many friendship and relationship problems.

I laugh when people say this. If you think FB CAUSED the problem, you're sorely mistaken. It EXPOSES the problems that are already there...

I laugh when people say this. If you think FB CAUSED the problem, you're sorely mistaken. It EXPOSES the problems that are already there...

Well, it probably doesn't help matters. LOL All I see these days are people saying, "My boyfriend hasn't acknowledged me as a girlfriend on FB" or "My boyfriend had a girl posted some flirty comment on his wall, should I be worried?" or "Someone deleted me as their friend or won't add me, even though I've known them for a while"

I don't know, these are the common concerns posted by people I've seen.

I would even see someone make some snarky comment in their FB status that is actually being directed at someone they know.

Or, people dumping you as a friend, because you posted something on their wall THEY took the wrong way. lol

One time I flirted with someone when they changed their "relationship status to SINGLE" and it was a pretty funny one-liner, they "owner" of the FB wall thought it was funny, and a few of my friends did....then someone male friend of mine told me that it was creepy.

And I was like "Huh? How was that creepy...I've known her for a while and she thought it was funny" and he said, "True, but the other people on her FB friends list that do NOT know how you are....might not think the same"

ANd I was thinking this person had 500+ people on her friends list, living in different locations, that I'll probably never meet, and if they don't KNOW me, I probably would not care to know them either.

Edited by irc333

Most likely he is either embarrassed of you, or wants to keep his options open and doesn't want people to know he's in a relationship.

Possible that he's cheating/using exes for ego gratification/etc.

However, I did my damndest to keep my girlfriends from my friends as well, simply because my friends are animals and I wanted to keep them away from her.

Just talk to him.

I always find it funny when people blame their issues on a social networking site, like it has a life of it's own.

I agree with you completely.

Well, it probably doesn't help matters. LOL All I see these days are people saying, "My boyfriend hasn't acknowledged me as a girlfriend on FB"

Which is a sign of his lack or commitment, or more likely, a breakdown in communication and priorities. If it matters to you, talk to him. If he fails to meet your needs, then dump him. FB isn't the issue.

"My boyfriend had a girl posted some flirty comment on his wall, should I be worried?"

Which is a sign of inherent jealousy or insecurities, or maybe there's a reason to be concerned. Again, FB isn't the issue.

"Someone deleted me as their friend or won't add me, even though I've known them for a while"

Same thing as above.

In essence, FB unmasks the issues that are already there.

It may be possible that he is keeping girls in the background in case you two break up or cheating. However, facebook is a tricky thing. I don't put up pics myself. I usually use pics that others have uploaded. One of my exes is in my profile pic in fact, but she is cropped out. I would not post my current up there at all. The simple reason is that it would be an announcement to extended family, co-workers, those peripherally known to me that I was taken. That is inviting in a lot of commentary. And then, if you break up, there is commentary again. I will post up pics/updates if I get married, but that is it. Then again, I am not a huge facebook/twitter person.