Your thoughts on pre-nups?

I say to anyone thinking a prenup is not a good idea or not necessary - its a LOT harder to enforce a post-nup.

Just so ya know

Yes we did and I would not have married if she said no.

Pre~nups don't prevent cheating....

exactly and while a prenup will prevent the cheating partner from getting to the BS assets it still will not prevent their heart from being split open.

threebyfate

We have a prenup in place for our marriage. I can't stress enough that it's worthwhile, if you're older and have accrued assets.

What I have noticed as a trend but not a definitive, is that many of the individuals who have less assets than their partners get more upset about prenups. Strange, that.

exactly and while a prenup will prevent the cheating partner from getting to the BS assets it still will not prevent their heart from being split open.

" What Pyro said .. " :) ........

Any man who marries without one is out of his mind.
I am a female, and I'm the one that brought it up and hired the lawyer. We have complete faith in our marriage, or we wouldn't have bothered to get married. Prenups have little to nothing to do with whether the marriage will succeed or fail. As so many like to say (and I always disagree) that a marriage certificate is just a piece of paper, why don't they think the same about a prenup?

My husband and I each earn approximately the same, but we each have significant control over assets via family businesses, and both stand to inherit decent sums. Both sides of our family are strict about estate planning, and this was just another paper to sign where we were concerned.

I think it's a smart investment for a marriage, not a plan for divorce. It's nothing to be taken personally. After all, if you never get divorced, it's just a worthless piece of paper. I'd actually go so far as to say those against a prenup are those who don't have faith in their marriage.

I am a female, and I'm the one that brought it up and hired the lawyer. We have complete faith in our marriage, or we wouldn't have bothered to get married. Prenups have little to nothing to do with whether the marriage will succeed or fail. As so many like to say (and I always disagree) that a marriage certificate is just a piece of paper, why don't they think the same about a prenup?

My husband and I each earn approximately the same, but we each have significant control over assets via family businesses, and both stand to inherit decent sums. Both sides of our family are strict about estate planning, and this was just another paper to sign where we were concerned.

I think it's a smart investment for a marriage, not a plan for divorce. It's nothing to be taken personally. After all, if you never get divorced, it's just a worthless piece of paper. I'd actually go so far as to say those against a prenup are those who don't have faith in their marriage.

Can you frame this and hang it on Woggles refrigerator ?

I can heal my heart but a bitter ex will continue to use the courts to screw me over and over again if they let her. If my ex didn't get into all that trouble she probably would have eventually gotten alimony out of me.

No but they let me get out in one piece if cheating does occur.

I say to anyone thinking a prenup is not a good idea or not necessary - its a LOT harder to enforce a post-nup.

Just so ya know

Care to expand on this please? as these are legally binding if done thru lawyers and counsel. Both sides are protected ...and its not hard to enforce once signed by the judge and witness's. So please share ....Besides Stephen Spielberg had a Pre nup .....it got enforced quite easily....Ask Amy.

I can heal my heart but a bitter ex will continue to use the courts to screw me over and over again if they let her. If my ex didn't get into all that trouble she probably would have eventually gotten alimony out of me.

Woggle your heart still hasn't healed from your previous relationship. Your bitterness originated from there and it still is a big part of your life, whether you realize it or not.

Again women don't always get the upperhand in court.

Woggle your heart still hasn't healed from your previous relationship. Your bitterness originated from there and it still is a big part of your life, whether you realize it or not.

Again women don't always get the upperhand in court.

My first marriage just woke me up and showed me the truth. I am damn lucky that she got into all that trouble with the law because if not she would own my house right now.

My first marriage just woke me up and showed me the truth. I am damn lucky that she got into all that trouble with the law because if not she would own my house right now.

and it also made you untrusting of all women including your wife and caused you to generalize 99.9% if not all women into one group.

If you truly woke up and saw the truth you would see that most women are decent people.

Can you frame this and hang it on Woggles refrigerator ?
I don't think Woggle allows anything written by a female anywhere near his fridge. :lmao:

Care to expand on this please? as these are legally binding if done thru lawyers and counsel. Both sides are protected ...and its not hard to enforce once signed by the judge and witness's. So please share ....Besides Stephen Spielberg had a Pre nup .....it got enforced quite easily....Ask Amy.

Amy had the prenup broken because it was written on a napkin with no legal representation.

Edited by jthorne

If a woman wrote something good I would put it on my fridge. I have female artists in my music collection and I have female actresses in my DVD collection.

They're fine if you actually have any assets that are worth a substantial amount or if you own a business or think you may be coming into some money. But if you're broke I think it's pointless.

I don't think Woggle allows anything written by a female anywhere near his fridge. :lmao:

Amy had the prenup broken because it was written on a napkin with no legal representation.

Pardon but how does that explain that pre nups are hard to enforce?? I beleive that was the direct question . If written and followed by the state laws, then I disagree with the assumption its unenforceable or "hard" to be complied with by the parties who willingly signed it.

Woggle made some valid observation on this subject regardless of his less then pleasing opinion of the females themselves...sometimes the truth needs to be weeded out and examined no matter who the messenger was...I think Woggle made some true statements....

Pardon but how does that explain that pre nups are hard to enforce?? I believe that was the direct question . If written and followed by the state laws, then I disagree with the assumption its unenforceable or "hard" to be complied with by the parties who willingly signed it.

Woggle made some valid observation on this subject regardless of his less then pleasing opinion of the females themselves...sometimes the truth needs to be weeded out and examined no matter who the messenger was...I think Woggle made some true statements....

Well, I didn't want to step on 2sure's post by answering for her, but I think she was referring to the difference between a PREnup and a POSTnup. Here is an article that explains the difference. At the bottom of that page is also a link on how to break a prenup, but I haven't read it.
If a woman wrote something good I would put it on my fridge. I have female artists in my music collection and I have female actresses in my DVD collection.

The most powerful and liberating statement you can put on your refrigerator is this :

" I Woggle , forgive my ex for all she did . She may have not done the right thing or been a good wife but she did what she knew and I have no right to judge her . Only to set her free from my MIND by forgiving her ".

Now tonight I want you to try and say this out loud. Its an incredible feeling to STOP your ex wife from ruling your life in your mind. When you divorced her, that's when your healing should have BEGAN.

Please do this for your current love of your life. Its the BEST thing you could give her besides your prenup..

Believe it or not the pros and cons of prenups and postnups differ by state. In NJ for example, I have a relative whose postnup was thrown out in court. My current H and I had no prenup but did a postnup. Upon researching it for divorce - I found that the postnup was not as all inclusive as a prenup could have been (example - a prenup takes into consideration assets not yet had) . After getting a second postnup and being sure it was relatively ironclad for my state...my divorce attorney is still bickering with his. As of today, we are considering trial.

The most powerful and liberating statement you can put on your refrigerator is this :

" I Woggle , forgive my ex for all she did . She may have not done the right thing or been a good wife but she did what she knew and I have no right to judge her . Only to set her free from my MIND by forgiving her ".

Now tonight I want you to try and say this out loud. Its an incredible feeling to STOP your ex wife from ruling your life in your mind. When you divorced her, that's when your healing should have BEGAN.

Please do this for your current love of your life. Its the BEST thing you could give her besides your prenup..

I don't even hate her anymore. She is such a trainwreck that all I can feel is pity at this point.

I don't let her run my life but after my divorce the blinders were taken off and I notice things more now.

BlackLovely
and it also made you untrusting of all women including your wife and caused you to generalize 99.9% if not all women into one group.

If you truly woke up and saw the truth you would see that most women are decent people.

As much as this statement makes sense, I have a lot of sympathy for bitterness after bad experiences. I admit that I don't trust men because of what I was exposed to as a child, as well as being horribly mistreated by past partners. No amount of therapy is going to make me trust again; it's just too dangerous.

There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, especially after being screwed over. Anger and bitterness can be used to protect one from being hurt again. Woggle seems like he has simply learned not to be naive about cruel women.

We all have our own version of the truth, which is influenced by our life experiences. I believe that most people are evil and selfish; there are the rare few that are compassionate and sweet. I believe this because I have had both men and women give me a hard time, when I have done nothing to them.

I'm also noticing a disturbing trend on Loveshack; there seems to be a childish mob mentality whenever someone dares to disagree with the prevalent opinions. It's like: "Oooh! That person is different! Let's all post mean things to him/her!" Grow up and realize that not everyone is the same. This is supposed to be a "caring, close knit community".

I don't even hate her anymore. She is such a trainwreck that all I can feel is pity at this point.

I don't let her run my life but after my divorce the blinders were taken off and I notice things more now.

You should feel NOTHING when you think of her and all women that are now your exes. The fact that you feel anything shows you are NOT over what that person has done to you.

The fact that you post bitter things about women constantly, shows you are only fooling yourself and need to learn how to let go .