Your thoughts on pre-nups?

Only 3 % of couples contemplating marriage have a pre-nup.

Most say protecting family money was the biggest reason. Money in the family should stay in the family...

USA Today.

I can see it both ways, but if I were getting married and he asked for one I think I'd be upset anyway. The idea of him thinking it necessary to protect his assets would make me feel he's uncertain about our future. But I do see people taken to the cleaners when going through divorce. I dunno. Your thoughts?

Mandatory, as far as I'm concerned. I will most certainly get one when my time comes to hitch up. Even if she's rich, because it's a matter of principal to me.

There are prenups that say "even if we are together 50 years - you still get nothing".

And there are prenups that say - if we are together X years you get this much and 2 times X years you get that much.

The former seems harsh, the latter seems fair.

I can see it both ways, but if I were getting married and he asked for one I think I'd be upset anyway. The idea of him thinking it necessary to protect his assets would make me feel he's uncertain about our future. But I do see people taken to the cleaners when going through divorce. I dunno. Your thoughts?

:eek:

There are prenups that say "even if we are together 50 years - you still get nothing".

And there are prenups that say - if we are together X years you get this much and 2 times X years you get that much.

The former seems harsh, the latter seems fair.

I have to wonder how many divorces are * fair * :eek:

Every time I interact with stbx, I feel like I didn't pay her enough to go away. A pre-nup would have limited my generosity too much :D

Every time I interact with stbx, I feel like I didn't pay her enough to go away. A pre-nup would have limited my generosity too much :D

LOL, that is really funny!