So she finally blocked me on Facebook

Username37

• Author
She's not a robot so she still thinks about you once in a while. She thought about you enough to change her privacy settings. She probably did it so you wouldn't get hurt by seeing her move on. After more time passes you may look at her action as a kindness.

I can see why she's being nice.

So my chances with her are pretty much over huh?

Or do I have something still because she's still thinking of me?

Edited by Username37
AlwaysConflicted

Sorry I had to quote Bluto from Animal House, "Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

love that movie...

I don't know if it's over, but I wouldn't wait around for her. You should probably come to grips with the idea that you will never be her boyfriend again. It's sad, but you need to rebuild and become better, faster, and stronger.

The world needs you to be strong. Absorb the pain and push forward.

• Author
Sorry I had to quote Bluto from Animal House, "Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

love that movie...

I don't know if it's over, but I wouldn't wait around for her. You should probably come to grips with the idea that you will never be her boyfriend again. It's sad, but you need to rebuild and become better, faster, and stronger.

The world needs you to be strong. Absorb the pain and push forward.

That's fine. I'm a movie buff and I love a good movie quote or two haha

And I'm trying but I always have this "hope" ya know? That one day she'll realize what's going down and miss me. But it's looking unlikely now...

I am trying to rebuild myself, but everyday I learn something new and I get hit with something harder. This is terrible. She's not talking to me and she's still getting me somehow.

AlwaysConflicted

Yeah, I understand what you mean about hope. Like one day she'll just wake up and say, "wait a minute, what the hell am I doing? I need Username37"

I'm actually kind of impressed that my ex hasn't contact me. I'm at the point where part of me wants to hear from her, but the other doesn't think she's the right woman for me.

I don't want to marry some girl that bails on me when things get a little rocky. I want a woman, a real woman who can handle life and all of it's glorious mess.

Why do you see and hear from her so much? Are you in school with her? If that's the case, then you need to try to avoid her for a while. Change your routine until you're stronger.

She's getting to you because you're not over her. And why should you be? You loved this girl. You're going to have to change the way you look at this situation in order to move on.

Are you idealizing her at all? Why is she so great? or do you think deep down she really wasn't the right girl?

LoveTruthChaos

And I'm trying but I always have this "hope" ya know? That one day she'll realize what's going down and miss me. But it's looking unlikely now...

I am trying to rebuild myself, but everyday I learn something new and I get hit with something harder.

I have the same hope that my ex will miss me, but I don't want him back. I just want him to hurt the way he made me hurt.

I blocked FB because of all the 'new information' I found out. It hurt too much, and besides, he has no right to know what I'm up to, so I wanted him out of my business.

If you think that you're still gonna find out s*it about her, consider this. My ex and I share 300 mutual friends - not kidding. I haven't found out a damn thing from anyone since blockign him on FB because my friends know I don't want to know. FB was the only tool keeping us connected, and I severed the connection and haven't looked back.

IT WORKS AND YOU WILL HEAL.

And you know...I just wanted to add...that FB is not the only way to contact someone. If she really wants to contact you...I'm sure there are other methods of doing so.

• Author
Yeah, I understand what you mean about hope. Like one day she'll just wake up and say, "wait a minute, what the hell am I doing? I need Username37"

I'm actually kind of impressed that my ex hasn't contact me. I'm at the point where part of me wants to hear from her, but the other doesn't think she's the right woman for me.

I don't want to marry some girl that bails on me when things get a little rocky. I want a woman, a real woman who can handle life and all of it's glorious mess.

Why do you see and hear from her so much? Are you in school with her? If that's the case, then you need to try to avoid her for a while. Change your routine until you're stronger.

She's getting to you because you're not over her. And why should you be? You loved this girl. You're going to have to change the way you look at this situation in order to move on.

Are you idealizing her at all? Why is she so great? or do you think deep down she really wasn't the right girl?

Boy that would be something if that happened haha

And I'm trying to get to a point where I don't care that she'll come back or not.

People just flat out and tell me stuff about her. We're on summer break and I don't see her at all. We have a bunch of mutual friends and they think that me and her are buddy buddy so they think I don't give a crap about what she does, and when I tell them I do care, they feel like **** and promise me not to rat them out to my ex haha. I'm aware I'm not over her and I do still love her, I guess and this whole "restriction" is either her way of being nice in a way or to play a immature game.

She was a great girl, she was caring and we had so much in common. She was also VERY smart and always wanted to be a leader. I could talk to her about ANYTHING (from perverted stuff to personal problems) She's just someone who can't really think about herself (quite indecisive, has to get help from mother and friends). She also had some problems. She kinda has a damaged self esteem (has family problems and had problem with weight before) but I wanted to help her and all of that. Apparently I didn't help enough, but I learned from my mistakes and I still want to...as a boyfriend figure who will kiss her when she finds herself unattractive and all of that (for the record, she was always beautiful to me). As for the right girl....i don't know, I'm still trying to figure out if she really is worth it.

I have the same hope that my ex will miss me, but I don't want him back. I just want him to hurt the way he made me hurt.

I blocked FB because of all the 'new information' I found out. It hurt too much, and besides, he has no right to know what I'm up to, so I wanted him out of my business.

If you think that you're still gonna find out s*it about her, consider this. My ex and I share 300 mutual friends - not kidding. I haven't found out a damn thing from anyone since blockign him on FB because my friends know I don't want to know. FB was the only tool keeping us connected, and I severed the connection and haven't looked back.

IT WORKS AND YOU WILL HEAL.

I know some of your story. I understand why you want him to be hurting haha.

It's painful seeing all the info being updated. Seeing their pictures and wondering "What does she mean by all of this", "who is THAT she/he is with?" and "where and when was this?" but the most painful is WHO she becomes friends with. You end up thinking "Oh he/she probably flirted with him!" and "that guy/girl is gonna be a future boyfriend/girlfriend!" haha.

I don't want to find more **** about her. But I'm going to hear it anyways. She has my cousins and most of my good friends on FB and they'll tell me everything. It's a weird game. If she didn't want me to learn about anything, SHE SHOULDN'T POST IT ON FB haha

• Author

Caved. I logged on FB.

Found more pics of her....with one of my best friends...

I think she's hooking up with him. I'm sorry everyone. I didn't block her.

ResetReality

mate. no bother, i saw a pic with another guy wrapped around her,

ask yourself, how did that make you feel?! im a Thai boxer and no amount of punches, kicks, elbows ever hurt as much as the emotional pain i felt when i saw that picture, they might only be mates, but human nature always makes up want to think about the negative things, it could be all innocent, (yeh right, i know what majority of lads are like) but it could be... yup

all im saying is, I never want to feel like that again, it was horrible, if you delete her now it will be better in the long run, first thing i did was get rid of it all,

New mob number

MSN gone

Facetube gone

the only way she can reach me is via email

I shouldn't have to see myself struggle every time she updates status

sure as hell everyone deserves better then that? From what you've said, she isnt daft, she KNOWS you're looking!

Tell me this though, Its ok seeing her have a good time with mates, meeting new people and what not, but times when shes on her own, thinking about things, she is only human, unless shes got a heart like stone she WILL be thinking about you, dependent on the type girl it might take weeks, months, maybe years for some contact, by then,you'll be so far over it, you'll think

Babes you are not worth it...

I know its hard, mate, we're in the same boat, but dont dwell :) take it on the chin, take a deep breath and listen to some heavy metal music,

or cry, cry until you cant cry anymore, its all part of the process

• Author
mate. no bother, i saw a pic with another guy wrapped around her,

ask yourself, how did that make you feel?! im a Thai boxer and no amount of punches, kicks, elbows ever hurt as much as the emotional pain i felt when i saw that picture, they might only be mates, but human nature always makes up want to think about the negative things, it could be all innocent, (yeh right, i know what majority of lads are like) but it could be... yup

all im saying is, I never want to feel like that again, it was horrible, if you delete her now it will be better in the long run, first thing i did was get rid of it all,

New mob number

MSN gone

Facetube gone

the only way she can reach me is via email

I shouldn't have to see myself struggle every time she updates status

sure as hell everyone deserves better then that? From what you've said, she isnt daft, she KNOWS you're looking!

Tell me this though, Its ok seeing her have a good time with mates, meeting new people and what not, but times when shes on her own, thinking about things, she is only human, unless shes got a heart like stone she WILL be thinking about you, dependent on the type girl it might take weeks, months, maybe years for some contact, by then,you'll be so far over it, you'll think

Babes you are not worth it...

I know its hard, mate, we're in the same boat, but dont dwell :) take it on the chin, take a deep breath and listen to some heavy metal music,

or cry, cry until you cant cry anymore, its all part of the process

Found out that the pic with my friend was totally innocent. Thank God haha

I'm trying to, but I can't....and i wasn't looking...all the time..

When she didn't restrict me, her photos, statuses, and friends request left me wondering "what is the meaning of all of this?" and "who is this" and "when was THAT?"

Well by restricting me, I guess she did think of me...not in the way I expected though.

Heavy Metal is helpful. Some good ol Pantera will do the trick haha

I know it may not feel like it, but you're kind of cyber stalking her in a way. I was doing something similar but on my ex's MSN profile. Fixed it by deleting her from my friends list last weekend and have a very blissful week so far.

• Author
I know it may not feel like it, but you're kind of cyber stalking her in a way. I was doing something similar but on my ex's MSN profile. Fixed it by deleting her from my friends list last weekend and have a very blissful week so far.

I know i know...

I always tell myself NO STALKING and I just crack ya know?

hurt and devastated

We all slip up. It's easy to let your emotions take over your sensibility. You want to talk about being a stalker, I've been there, too. I've caved in and driven past our house, certain that someone else was going to be there. There wasn't, of course, and I felt like a moron for letting myself do that. I found out where the OM lives, and just had to drive by there, too. Not like it would solve anything! Block her once and for all. You'll thank yourself for doing it. And I second the Pantera. Maybe throw in a little Slayer for good measure :)

mikezombie777

dont worry my friend, these things happen to the best of us. In these sorts of situations your emotions often take control and all logic goes right out the window.

Love is a powerful thing. As they say, love makes you do crazy things. Stay strong and remember that there are many of us are feeling your pain : )

I blocked & deleted my ex from MSN, deleted all photos of her, all convo logs, all traces of her email address, facebook, myspace & her phone number. I can't remember her email or her number now, so this will be good for NC. Although I did send her a msg on myspace recently, I've stopped that and will no longer use the site.

The key is to remember that no amount of talking to her/cyber stalking will make her come back. But once again, logic doesn't usually overpower emotions so it's definitely very hard.

Edited by mikezombie777
  • Author
dont worry my friend, these things happen to the best of us. In these sorts of situations your emotions often take control and all logic goes right out the window.

Love is a powerful thing. As they say, love makes you do crazy things. Stay strong and remember that there are many of us are feeling your pain : )

I blocked & deleted my ex from MSN, deleted all photos of her, all convo logs, all traces of her email address, facebook, myspace & her phone number. I can't remember her email or her number now, so this will be good for NC. Although I did send her a msg on myspace recently, I've stopped that and will no longer use the site.

The key is to remember that no amount of talking to her/cyber stalking will make her come back. But once again, logic doesn't usually overpower emotions so it's definitely very hard.

I'm a guy who feels not thinks ya know? haha

Love is crazy man. I don't hate it, but it can be a bitch.

I'm avoiding FB now and I seriously don't feel like pulling out my phone and calling/texting her. I guess this NC thing is working wonders. I'm trying to get to a point where I don't CARE if she contacts or not.

And yeah I know hahaha cyber stalking = no bueno.

mikezombie777
I'm a guy who feels not thinks ya know? haha

Love is crazy man. I don't hate it, but it can be a bitch.

I'm avoiding FB now and I seriously don't feel like pulling out my phone and calling/texting her. I guess this NC thing is working wonders. I'm trying to get to a point where I don't CARE if she contacts or not.

And yeah I know hahaha cyber stalking = no bueno.

Yeah of course man, as I said emotions override logic most of the time. Just hang in there.

and the reason cyber stalking is a bad idea, which you've probably heard before, is that it'll just make YOU miserable having to see glimpses of her world going on without you. : )

• Author
Yeah of course man, as I said emotions override logic most of the time. Just hang in there.

and the reason cyber stalking is a bad idea, which you've probably heard before, is that it'll just make YOU miserable having to see glimpses of her world going on without you. : )

Yeah. The pics I saw show her having a good time. Who knows though, she could be hiding behind the pictures ya know? But I'll never know.

mikezombie777
Yeah. The pics I saw show her having a good time. Who knows though, she could be hiding behind the pictures ya know? But I'll never know.

thats true man. there's just no way of knowing - it would be great if we both knew what our ex's were thinking, but thats probably never going to be the case. It sucks big time because it impairs closure and our ability to move on....It just plain stinks.

Us guys like direct communication, but that's not something girls are all that good at from experience. We wanna know the bare bone facts.

I would personally like to know:

-Why exactly did my girl want to leave me?

-Did I cause it?

-Is she sad and thinking about me?

-Did any of the sweet things she said to me have meaning?

If I knew, I could form a proper picture of things and move on appropriately. It's going to make it hard for me to believe a single word that comes out of a future girls mouth, which isn't fair for them but I don't want to get torn apart and be made to feel like a moron. I've always had the best intentions in my previous relationships and it seems the girl always take advantage and never appreciates the kind of love I provide.

What you should do is vow to be the best person you can and try to be the kind of person you want someone else to be. You have a lot to give, one day someone who can appreciate that will show up. It just takes time.

Edited by mikezombie777

Stop blocking, hiding, restricting, etc. REMOVE these people as friends on there. If you aren't friends or lovers in real life, then stop pretending to be online. The fact that you have to check up on them through a social network means this: you don't have a real relationship with them.

You can always unblock, unhide, unrestrict, and it will just tempt you. Unfriend them, so the only way you can change that is by having to send them a new request, which will hopefully deter you.

Stop playing the games.

It will get you nowhere.

• 1 month later...

Way back, about two years ago, as a TA still in grad school, and still on the fence about giving my adulterous wife the boot, I added one of my students on facebook. She was incredibly attractive, and we began a heated exchange, that soon went to text. At the end of the semester, right after I did give my exwife the boot, we started seeing each other.

It ended a few months later, and then all the facebook drama began. Me, as the newly divorced man, trying to accept that it was over, and her as the much younger college girl trying to hang on though she found someone new.

We persisted for months in this weird pseudo friendship based on her jealousy and fears of abandonment, emotionally cheating on her LDR bf. Finally, in December '09 she sent me some horribly racist jokes via text. The kind of things that could really make anyone seem really unattractive. When I criticized her for them, albeit politely and slightly, I became a pariah.

Months later, this past April, despite her still liking some statuses on facebook, or an occasional text or call between us, she made it clear that we weren't to be friends after my entirely justified criticisms. By this point I had diagnosed her, like my exwife, as near a pathological narcissist as anyone could be.

Having had her said that we wouldn't be friends, I decided to delete her off facebook. It felt really good. A few days later, on a lark, I checked a photo comment she'd sent, and her thumbnail picture was gone, and her name was no longer clickable hypertext. I'd been blocked.

I found it kind of amusing. She saw I'd deleted her and she had one last place to go to try to reclaim power and wound me back, so out of hurt or anger, or hoping it would illicit some response from me, she blocked me. The timing made it impossible to ignore that she was reacting to being deleted. It also shows that she was still checking up on my page.

It's weird, because I noticed recently that her photo comments show her thumbnail and her name is once again clickable hypertext, but they don't lead anywhere when I click on them.