will my GF ever shape up?

Fedup&givingup

I haven't read all your posts, as I am pretty new here. After reading about the first two sentences of this post on this thread, all I have to say is that you are not compatible. Her weight, physical activity, etc. are something that bothers you, not something that bothers/concerns her enough to change. You do NOT go into a relationship thinking/feeling, "I like this about them, BUT...." with the hopes of converting any of their existing behaviours.

My advice is to break things off with her without insulting/hurting her. It just looks like you two are dramatically different, complete opposites, and that's not fair to either of you. Go meet someone at the gym, or something :)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jmargel

5'9 and 130 is like a perfect weight for you. If he thinks your not thin enough, then there's something wrong with him.

I go to the gym,4-5 times per week.I eat the healthy diet b/friend approves of.Tonight he tells me if I lose anymore weight I'll look anorexic.

Then he asks if I'm planning on going to the gym again after work...

He might be asking because he's afraid you might lose more weight. Not because he thinks you are fat.

I go to the gym,4-5 times per week.I eat the healthy diet b/friend approves of

Approves of? What is he, your dietician? Sounds like you are under his control.

another thing....

Hi there -

I'm what I like to call voluptuous - I'm a heavy girl and have recently gained weight due to stress. I eat well and run now - but the added weight was just a sign of a year gone terribly bad.

Having said that, I have more dating opportunities than any of my single girl friends with wonderful, attractive and interesting men. They find me attractive and we have a great time.

This is my point - you like what you like. If you don't like her cuz of her weight - dump her. She'll have lots of opportunities with men who like her for what she is, and what she has to offer. You can find a skinny girl.

She'll likely lose those 25lbs after the break up - but, then what? She'll have moved on.