Pubic Bone Showing Through Clothing - Taboo?

Since nobody understands, now I'm thinking maybe I am abnormal or at least in the minority of women. :confused::confused::confused:

Silky, when I was crazy skinny, like way too skinny- my public bone would protrude if I wore a form fitted mermaid-type skirt, or tights. It was just the wrong clothing for me to be weaing for my form at the time. A high-waisted mermaid fit wasn't the way for me to go.

You might want to try a high-waisted A-line fit.... So the skirt flares out from the waist, instead of cutting in at the pubic area, thighs, etc.

Oh- I just saw you posted a pic!

You are very thin, so I think it's a matter of trying an a-line and shortening the shirt a tad to balance it out.

Actually, the problem I had was in a skirt almost identical to what you posted!:cool: When I turned to the side, my mound (good word Jilly) protruded more than my tummy, lol.

threebyfate

Going shorter is a good idea since in her other album, where she's wearing the tight, black dress, she has nice legs.

Take a look at Skirt #15 as an example of cut.

Going shorter is a good idea since in her other album, where she's wearing the tight, black dress, she has nice legs.

Take a look at Skirt #15 as an example of cut.

I totally think it's the way to go, and it's totally in style at the moment.:)

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
Well, I don't know from tailoring but I swear to you as a male Silky, that you could show up in a burlap sack and every eye would bulge. You're hot, kid!

Oh that's very kind of you. thanks!

• Author
txsilkysmoothe

Wow TBF, D-Lish, Jilly Bean, Sweet Jasmine - I appreciate the insight. I had not thought about the skirt being wrong for my shape. That makes sense and explains why my other skirts don't have this problem.

Thanks for the example, TBF. I like it and will look for a skirt like that.

This one was on a clearance sale so no big loss. :)

Wow TBF, D-Lish, Jilly Bean, Sweet Jasmine - I appreciate the insight. I had not thought about the skirt being wrong for my shape. That makes sense and explains why my other skirts don't have this problem.

Thanks for the example, TBF. I like it and will look for a skirt like that.

This one was on a clearance sale so no big loss. :)

Well you look "hawt" in it- and it's totally apparant you have a rockin' bod.

Because I work in fashion- I see trends I LOVE everyday- but the trends don't always work on my frame (and sometime age, lol).

There have been some styles I LOVE, but can't wear.

I need skirts down to the floor or above my knees, nothing in between, I can wear a mini because my legs are nice- but if I wear a skirt below my knees, I look 10 lbs heavier. It's all about dressing for your shape.

I have outfits I wear and people tell me I am too skinny- I am no longer too skinny- but it's all about what I put on to create an illusion.

I def think you should take your skirts a little shorter and change the mermaid style to something more a-line. It will accentuate the most beautiful parts of you.

SpanksTheMonkey
I agree with TBF.

Or you could also return it and look for a different cut that doesn't get so tight/narrow.

In any case, you're definitely not abnormal. You look great!

Agreed you look fine no worries I think its just how that skirt hangs its odd but you get that with clothes every now and then I guess ide return it and get something else.