I prefer the way skinny women look.

Wow. So because you don't agree with Green you mock women? :sick:

NoLongerSad DOES agree with Green. They are two peas in a pod, as it were.

Edited by Mme. Chaucer
Wow. So because you don't agree with Green you mock women? :sick:

No, the linked photo to the barfing Barbie is meant to be my ironic commentary on how Green's fervent critics here would very much like to imagine his gf as being.

theBrokenMuse
No, the linked photo to the barfing Barbie is meant to be my ironic commentary on how Green's fervent critics here would very much like to imagine his gf as being.
I really never imagined Green's girlfriend like that but I'll admit at times I have imagined Green to be something along the lines of

.............(and yes it's meant to be a joke.)

Slender women ar CURVY as oposed to the shapeless mass that people become as they put on more and more weight.

My preferences are healthy and its why I made this thread to bring people out of the delusional state they are putting themselves into.

I think we need to go back to basic English, Green.

A person's weight can be described in this manner: Skinny> normal weight > overweight. The healthiest weight to be at is the normal weight, naturally. Or when you say skinny do you actually mean 'anything below overweight', which also encompasses normal weight?

Yvette_Sveden
I don't need to read 43 pages to catch the gist of it.

Oh really? Who takes issues with the point that slender women (actually slender people of both genders) are more attractive than overweight people, of both genders?

No one.

What people are actually saying is that Green is speaking the "forbidden" and he should stop doing that.

It has nothing to do with what Green likes personally. Green could be a chubby-chaser personally, and his point--that slender women are more attractive--would still be entirely valid. His personal preferences have nothing to do with anything.

Apparently quite a few people do care. It doesn't make Green's point any the less valid, though.

A vanishingly small percentage of men and women actually prefer their partner to be overweight. Due to limited options and their own lack of desirability, they may be forced to "settle" for an overweight partner. But that doesn't mean they prefer it.

It goes both ways, of course. In-shape slim/muscular/athletic men are greatly preferable to most women than the alternative--out of shape overweight men. I say that as someone who's not particularly physically fit. I don't need to go around denying reality just because I might not personally meet the ideal standard.

Again you're trying to make this about what Green's personal preference happens to be. Forget about his personal preference. The fact that his personal preference might happen to coincide with his argument is entirely coincidental.

Fat is less than good when it comes to physical attractiveness. That's why fat people often go on diets.

They can seek whatever they want. They are not entitled to get it, however.

No one "prefers" an out of shape, fat, partner.

No, MEN prefer the way slender, in shape, sexy women look. And WOMEN perfer the way slender, in shape, sexy men look.

I agree. That is basically what it boils down to. I haven't read every single post in this thread (or every post that Green made), but people cannot be shocked that a lot of men would love to be surrounded by or sleep with as many hot, slim women as possible. Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That means that if you like women who are overweight, then that's fine. Like I said in my last post, beauty is based on opinion.There are men who wouldn't mind having an overweight girlfriend or having sex with one just for the fun of it. But men love women who can keep themselves slim and in great shape. Now if the girl looks like Tori Spelling, or even Keira Knightly, then that's a different story. Someone who's been on a health scare like Tori has IS unhealthy. Men love women who are slim. Men also won't mind women who's shaped like Beyonce. But not so many men want someone who's overweight.

Now, if he (Green) called someone like Beyonce fat, then I think that's going a little too far and it makes people pay less attention to what he says. Beyonce is gorgeous! I love that girl and I love how she looks. She's someone who keeps in pretty good shape. Beyonce is not fat.

But the fact that men are hot for women who look like Marisa Miller should not come to anyone as a surprise.

Oh since you brought up "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" did you see that SNL skit based on the Twighlight Zone episode where the pig people unrap the girls face and she is HOt and the pig woman goes eww she is hideouse and the pig men go "shut up shes a babe" haha

No, I haven't. But it sounds like a funny skit, though.

any ways its great that some one from sweden came in whith such a great explenation...

Ja!

Jag är glad att du gillade det. (I'm glad that you liked it.) :)

kiss_andmakeup

Holy crap! This thread is still going?!

I watched an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker (don't judge) the other night...and one of the bachelors chose a girl I'd consider on the slightly heavier side, over all the model-esque women at his "mixer" or whatever the thing is called. She wasn't obese but I'd say she was a step above "thick." The bachelor was extremely wealthy and decently good-looking, and had twenty or so very attractive women throwing themselves at him. I was surprised and refreshed to see who his choice ended up being.

Diff'rent strokes, aye?

• Author
Holy crap! This thread is still going?!

I watched an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker (don't judge) the other night...and one of the bachelors chose a girl I'd consider on the slightly heavier side, over all the model-esque women at his "mixer" or whatever the thing is called. She wasn't obese but I'd say she was a step above "thick." The bachelor was extremely wealthy and decently good-looking, and had twenty or so very attractive women throwing themselves at him. I was surprised and refreshed to see who his choice ended up being.

Diff'rent strokes, aye?

What fricken psycho of a man would want to use a match maker. He is already a man who lacks the ability to find his own women if using such an expensive/demeaning service.

Did you see the matches that match maker in fiddler on the roof top made.... gross

Tim The Enchanter

A person's weight can be described in this manner: Skinny> normal weight > overweight.

That doesn't mean very much. Everyone has their own natural weight, some are more lean and slender and some are bigger boned and heavier. I'm a lean, athletic build and I like my women to be slender and athletic too.

Indeed everyone has their own natural weight. However, the 'healthy range' of BMI was agreed upon for a reason - the average person with an average build and lifestyle should, for optimal health, have a weight that falls within that range. Of course some people are naturally leaner and would be fine below that. That certainly doesn't mean that all the others who are heavier than those people are automatically unhealthy, as Green is claiming. How about those whose natural weight falls in the 'normal' section, and then those whose natural weight falls in the heavier section? It's perfectly fine if you like slender people, please don't get into that. It's the insinuation that 'skinny = healthy' and 'everything else = unhealthy' that the OP is trying to make, that gets my goat.

• 2 weeks later...

A person's weight can be described in this manner: Skinny> normal weight > overweight. The healthiest weight to be at is the normal weight, naturally. Or when you say skinny do you actually mean 'anything below overweight', which also encompasses normal weight?

Eh, technically normal has some very specific connotations, as in 'conforming to the norm' and as such might mean overweight if, as in the USA, you have a bunch of fat chicks.

ConstantCraving
I prefer the way skinny women look. I think they have more distinguished curves and a better body/face.

An example~

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/06/lara_beach_babes_478.jpg

O.K. but that's not really a huge surprise is it?

I'd be more surprised if you said you were into fat girls or female bodybuilders.

Normal as in the healthy weight for your height and muscle mass.

Again while I know what you're saying, there isn't any definitive figure to really attach to this, in the end it's about trying to attach a very objective tag (some number) to something hopelessly subjective.