! read my story.

My girlfriend of 3 months broke up with me she was 18 and i was 26 bit of a age difference but that didnt matter to us. We were so happy and in love! and we both knew we wanted to be with each other forever! Now i know 3 months is not long but the time we had together was Amazing and it felt like a lifetime.

Everything was perfect then out of the blue she asked if she could ring me that night but for some reason i had this feeling that she wanted to breakup with me, we would talk on the phone everynight but this time i knew that it would be bad.

So i said no and asked if she could tell me over the phone (Bad Idea but i had to know what was up) so after 3 attemps of begging her to tell me she did.

She told me that she loves me but not the way i love her, my heart just broke she also said that our relationship got way to serious and things were moving to fast and she needed to live her life so without crying or acting like a girl who just got her heart ripped out i said ok and accepted it. I didnt reply to any of her texts that night i was in so much shocked i was numb, so i just started to pack up all her things and that night i went to her house and just left a bag on her doorstep and walked away. She texted me again and said that my stuff will be safe at her house for as long as i need....still i didn't reply to that.

So a couple of days passed with no contact, i decided to ring her up and ask for a time for me to come over and pick up my stuff. She was so cold to me on the phone it was like i was the bad person she said that today was not a good time but she will let me know when i could come over and pick up my stuff. She asked if i would reply back to her in an sarcastic way because i have been ignoring her the whole time and not replying.

So more days passed then she texted and told me i can come over to get my stuff, when i got there not a word was said it was like i didnt even know her, the only thing that was mention was if i wanted a hand and i said no (In a nice way) so i packed it all up and said goodbye and walked out the door i was feeling sick and was almost in tears but i keept my cool.

When i got home and after 10 cigarettes later i sent her a text and said that i didnt hate her and for her to take care and replied and said that she knows i don't hate her and she couldnt hate me. And that was it our goodbye was done.

So a week went by and still no contact it was such a clean break up not once did i beg for her back or cried or anything i just accepted it i was quite suprised how strong i was about it all.

So one night i was at work and i pretty much broke, i texted her and asked if we could talk about the break up and told her that i missed her she agreed to talk and told me that she would get back to me....another week went by and still nothing so i got to the stage where i wanted to know why she wasnt getting back to me, so i sent her a message telling her that i still care and still wanna talk blah blah and still nothing so i sent another text and by that stage i was kinda lossing it abit i think my feelings were finally coming out and still....nothing. So i just left it, the next morning i get a text from her saying that her phone was flat and she has more important things to do then look at her phone ETC and said that i was the one who wanted to talk not her and said she has nothing to say! and that was the message i got from her. Well by then i lost it! sent about 3 or 4 texts pouring my heart out to her and still no replys. So i decided that i wanted her to remember me as a strong person and not a weak and needy ex so i wanted to send her one last text to end it, i guess i just wanted to take the power back and i told her this.

I said that she does not have to reply to this

I told her that i accpet the break up and its time to say goodbye and let her go and then i said that i will never forgot her and the times that we had. Goodbye.

She did not reply

That was the last text or any form of commnucation i have done.

she has not contacted me and i have not contacted her, we have not talked in over 2 weeks

We have been broken up for a month.

I am 70% over it but i miss her and i still love her. In the past i have had no problem with break ups but with her i can't seem to let her go when i know deep down that she is the one.

The one thing that always on my mind is that how can someone say that they love you and that want to be with you forever....then just leave you?

Everyday i hope for her to come back to me or contact me again....

But i have doubts when i won't even contact her

I am using the no contact method and i really hope this works. But at the end of the day you must not act needy or desperate you must act strong and stop all forms of communcation with them. how can they miss you if you are always texting them or calling them? If you leave it and play it cool then one day they will realised what they have lost. You dont know what you got until its gone.

Please reply to my post and let me know what you think i am all new to this so please be nice.

Edited by amz

The one thing that always on my mind is that how can someone say that they love you and that want to be with you forever....then just leave you?

Everyday i hope for her to come back to me or contact me again....

But i have doubts when i won't even contact her

I am using the no contact method and i really hope this works. But at the end of the day you must not act needy or desperate you must act strong and stop all forms of communcation with them. how can they miss you if you are always texting them or calling them? If you leave it and play it cool then one day they will realised what they have lost. You dont know what you got until its gone.

Please reply to my post and let me know what you think i am all new to this so please be nice.

You are on the right track on going NC. However, please be reminded that you are doing NC for you, and not to make her miss you or whatever. She may or may not realize what she has lost, either way, you have to move on and act on a basis that she won't want you back.

Changes happen,feelings, things, people, sometimes you get an answer on why, more often though, you don't. So your best bet is to get on with your life and be happy that it only lasted 3 months, and not years. Though I understand that a breakup is a breakup,it's hard. Just hang in there, continue with your NC.