I'm starting a new thread because....

• Author
Lauriebell82
I hope you don't expect them to be understanding about your negative attitude... because I assure you, they won't.

I didn't say they would be understanding about a negative attitude. I know they won't.

I said that I hope they would understand that my preference was the therapist position not this one. And they already know that, they told me they did. And they know they are hiring someone who is overqualified..which they told me that as well.

So I made a list of pros and cons. I got 12 pros and 4 cons. And the cons can all be cancelled out by the pros.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!

Listen I took a job that I started on 1st Feb and I was super negative and now I run my own section all in 2 months!!! I went in like a bag of nerves and thinking it will only last a week or 2, I had no trust in my boss as he was offering too much but now I am sooo in love with my work!

Think positive honey!!

• Author
Lauriebell82
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!

Listen I took a job that I started on 1st Feb and I was super negative and now I run my own section all in 2 months!!! I went in like a bag of nerves and thinking it will only last a week or 2, I had no trust in my boss as he was offering too much but now I am sooo in love with my work!

Think positive honey!!

Thanks, that really helps!!! I actually was ambivalent and unsure about my prior job (before my current one) before I started. I was unsure about the hours and the type of work and ended up loving it. So maybe I will end up loving this job more then I think I will!

threebyfate

In every new job, opportunities are everywhere. You never know where this might lead. If you keep an open mind, it might lead to opportunities that don't have direct therapist to client interactions but are still in the field you love, which is addiction counseling.

I'm excited for you Lb! :bunny:

• Author
Lauriebell82
In every new job, opportunities are everywhere. You never know where this might lead. If you keep an open mind, it might lead to opportunities that don't have direct therapist to client interactions but are still in the field you love, which is addiction counseling.

I'm excited for you Lb! :bunny:

Thanks! I'm a little nervous I must say, as I really don't know where this will lead. I hope somewhere good!!

• Author
Lauriebell82

So I officially accepted the job today! I also spoke with my current supervisor and she said she understood. So that makes me happy!

So I hope this works out and I can move into a better position after proving myself. I know that I will work really really hard to be good at this job and have a good attitude!!! :)