Did your folks stay married or not? How did you feel about it?

moimeme

Did either of your parents have an affair? = No, not that I know of

If so, did they stay married? = N/A

If they did, how did you feel? = N/A

If they divorced, how did you feel? = N/A

Did they divorce for any other reason? = N/A

How did you feel? = N/A

Did they stay married but unhappy? = they stayed married and I think they are happy most of the time - Mom still doesn't let Dad get away with anything

How do I feel? = that there is something to be said for sticking by one another through problems with drinking, serious illnesses of spouse and kids, stress. It wasn't all a bed of roses but they have lived a good, exemplary life

Did either of your parents have an affair? Not that I know of, although I did once hear my mother hint that she suspected one. My dad’s biggest love was booze.

If they divorced, how did you feel? I was off at college, and I don’t really remember being strongly affected by it. The tragic root of my parents’ miserable marriage was not infidelity, but my dad’s depression and resulting alcoholism and violence. That’s a story we don’t hear so often on Loveshack.

My mother divorced my biological father when I was 2. When I was 5 she married my (adopted father) he was the best father he didn't have to be. There is a song like that somewhere and it always makes me think of my dad. They raised all of the children and I never recall them fighting they must have hid that. My dad has since passed. As far as affairs I don't know if either had one. I really don't see how either would have had time with all of us kids.

Did either of your parents have an affair? Not to my knowledge.

If so, did they stay married? To my knowledge they didn't have an affair.

If they did, how did you feel? They didn't have one. :p

If they divorced, how did you feel? Not for that reason.

Did they divorce for any other reason? Yes. My dad left my mum in 2001. They were fighting everyday for a while, and no-one was happy in the household.

How did you feel? I knew it would happen. A bit selfish, but I was happy for my dad... but I wish he would've taken me along. :$

Did they stay married but unhappy? No. My mum thought my dad would come back, but he didn't. He's found a new girlfriend.

How did you feel? About my dad finding a new girlfriend... I was happy for him. :) I adore my dad's girlfriend, lol.

Okay. My mum and dad had been married for 14 years before my dad left my mum, they got divorced in 2003. They were fighting over everything. I wasn't getting along with my mother either, and I still don't sometimes. When I look at my mum I see this angry person... but that's a different topic hehe. My mum thought she could control my dad, and she still does in someway even though they're divorced. To quote my dad to my sister and I... "We're not friends. We just people that know eachother and I happen to be the father, and she happens to be the mother."

Did either of your parents have an affair?

Not that I know of...

If they divorced, how did you feel?

Crappy. 12 years old, only child.. torn "loyalties", all the typical stuff I guess. Dad never really talked and I didn't see him much. It probably didn't help that I took mom's side more often but then my Dad didn't make much of an effort to see me those first few years. I probably saw him more once I moved 500 miles away during high school.

Did they divorce for any other reason?

Dad had a drinking problem (still drinks some..) but other than that it was very vague beyond "I don't love him anymore".

How did you feel?

They fought a lot during the divorce over money of course and I got stuck in the middle a lot by both. Then they got back together a few times during my high school/uni days, including a very awkward Christmas, (a final family holiday before I went to uni or something). Its just been very weird at times.

My dad and I still have a stand-off'ish relationship at times coupled with the fact that both parents don't want the other to know things (Mom didn't want me to relay or mention that she had breast cancer etc. a few years ago). I got sick of being a conduit of info between the two as I got older/having to deal with their crap so I just ignore questions about it and thankfully they don't ask much anymore (after about 13 years I'd hope so). As far as I know, my dad doesn't know my mom remarried and my mom doesn't know dad has been living with a woman for several years now (neither has said anything either way to me..). Anyways, I tend to dislike spending the holidays with family and I definately worry that I'm becoming more like my old man as I get older.