Nervous wreck in front of any girl...

No matter If I really like them or not, It is hard for me to keep eye contact/talk to girls. I admit, not liking them so much and/or being a good friend helps, but Its hard for me to talk to girls...I know it isnt a lot of info to give advice on, but I like this one girl that is so amazing...I can't be sure if she likes me, although the signs are good. I have no clue how to talk/approach her, even though we are very much alike...any advice could help, please.

lovebeatradio

If you never get up the courage to let someone know how you feel, you will for the rest of your life watch other men have the girl of your dreams.Look at it this way, if you don't say anything you'll never know and you will not be with her so what's the difference if she tells you she's not interested? Girls like a guy to be assertive and say how they feel and chances are if you feel that way they do too! Even if you get rejected don't take it personally, it doesn't mean something is wrong with you! Hope this helps. :cool:

Ah...you.

Let me tell you something about girls. Women are the most wonderful, but most insecure creatures on the planet. The most beautiful, sexy woman, will still think her butt is too wide (unless you live in some obscure African tribe). It's not abnormal or weird, its just the way we're programmed from birth.

Now let me tell you about this girl you like. I've never seen her or talked to her - but I know everything I need to: She has to eat. She has to sleep. She looks like s*** (but of course, still beautiful) in the mornings because her hair is messed up and her face has no make-up. She farts in her sleep. Her mouth tastes yuck in the mornings. She has to pee, and take a dump every so often. She gets depressed from time to time, and is probably a little bit shy herself, too. I can guarantee you that she worries herself to death what other people think about her.

See, that's the great, absurd, wonderful irony about us poor bastard humans - we spend so much time worrying what others think about ourselves, that we don't realise that others are exactly the same, and that others spend too much time worrying about what others think to notice the things that we worry about ourselves...:D

This girl is just human - she has her own ideas about things, and her own strengths and weaknesses, just like you. What I've realised, and it's a pattern that I've long pondered over, is that often beautiful women will have arseholes for boyfriends, mainly because arseholes are rogues, they're not thoughtful or considerate, and that they don't worry at all, thereby not stumbling over that crucial first step in making contact. That's the trick! It's evil, its wrong, but that's the way it is.

Now what I'm saying is, not "BECOME AN ARSEHOLE" :D, but: Don't think so much. If you're going to be pondering and be thoughtful and weigh your words and carefully think about your moves and so on, you're going to get stuck in the starting blocks while some arrogant, obnoxious dickhead gets the girl. Action is what counts - it's when you have the girl that the thoughfulness and caring is going to pay dividends - and that girl is going to be damn lucky...there's too much action and too little thought in relationships these days. You just have to find a balance.

Just be yourself... and realise that no-one is perfect. And LISTEN! Women talk enough as it is - you don't want to be addin' to all that yappin! All that talk is there for a reason - to be listened at! :D Show genuine interest - many doomed, inappropriate relationships would've been avoided if the dude had just opened his damn ears and listened in the first place.

And be sincere - a girl will know her good points - even if a girl is ugly and has buck teeth, but has beautiful hair, she will know it. If you say she has beautiful hair, she's YOURS. Shut up about the teeth! If you say she's got nice teeth, you're going to be going on a date with Miss Palmer tonight - take my word for it.

You have a holy mission, young sir! To save the beautiful women of the world from obnoxious arseholes! Have at'em

Ah, Papillon with the beautiful purple papillon pic...

you were doing great until you got to "BECOME AN ARSEHOLE". Your point that 'arseholes' don't worry too much is the valuable point to take away.

See, that's the great, absurd, wonderful irony about us poor bastard humans - we spend so much time worrying what others think about ourselves, that we don't realise that others are exactly the same, and that others spend too much time worrying about what others think to notice the things that we worry about ourselves

This is the salient point, and an excellent one. Don't spend your whole time thinking about you, you, you and wondering what she thinks about YOU. Focus your thoughts outside yourself - and on her!

Originally posted by moimeme

Ah, Papillon with the beautiful purple papillon pic...

you were doing great until you got to "BECOME AN ARSEHOLE". Your point that 'arseholes' don't worry too much is the valuable point to take away.

But I said that he shouldn't become one.... :confused: