When the handwriting is on the wall

Comments? Sure. You are the backup plan if she's lonely/drunk.

Doubt you want to be that guy. That spot is reserved for people that ex's want to screw, but not be in a relationship with.

• Author
Comments? Sure. You are the backup plan if she's lonely/drunk.

Doubt you want to be that guy. That spot is reserved for people that ex's want to screw, but not be in a relationship with.

lol. fair enough. I mean I have received messages about how hard it's been for her and about how sad she gets on date night, etc. but I'll grant u that she hasn't said she wants to be in a relationship with me. I'm actually doing considerably better. I've been enjoying the single life and the treatment I've been receiving from people who do want to be in a relationship with me.

one more thing...I'd definitely screw her again if I could do it without her thinking she had me on a string, just not that night because I was already preoccupied.

elizabeth26
I know the thread is long but you have the facts mixed up. I got dumped. i felt her pulling away when I started the thread but there was an ebb n flow which I posted about. At one point we removed the title of bf/gf but we continued to act like a couple. When the title was removed I started to date other ppl because this girl had dumped me a year ago and caught me by surprise. Back then we also didn't have a title for about a month before it completely ended, but we were acting like bf/gf n I though we were working towards a reconciliation. Instead, she was working on a new relationship. So that was back in 2/09. She begged for me back a month later. Anyway, she pulled the cord on us for good this time around on 5/17 and she shut me out completely. I had 3 minutes of a tear filled closure. Since then I did a few stupid things which led to her asking me to not contact her anymore. So I haven't. One of the women I dated while we were had no title is very interested in me now and I've been getting close with her over the past week or so. It's moving kind of fast but I'm still very hurt about my ex. I don't know whether I should just throw myself into this relationship or not. The girl seems to have most of what I'm looking for. She's brings a lot to the table as a partner.
oops! I am very sorry it was a bit long and confusing but I am really sorry to have mixed up the facts. I have re-read your original post and read you and Erica's conversations and I do agree with her, you should take time and sort out your emotions or you will stay mixed up for a lonnng time. I know it's hard. I've had some long sleepless nights. I can't tell you how good it feels now, I know the pain passes and the important people in life stick through it with you. Go out with friends, go date just don't THROW yourself into another serious relationship. If you do that you are just DESPARATELY trying to replace your ex's love, no girl wants a desperate guy or girl for that matter.
  • Author

thanks for taking the time to respond. lately, I've just been doing a lot of dating. A LOT. There is one main girl who I spend the most time with...about 2-3 days out of every 7. She knows I'm still dating though. for whatever reason right now women are finding me very attractive and I'm enjoying the attention. the truth is I haven't really been single since my first girl friend at 13 so this is new. not flirting but the ability to date several people at once without being deceitful.

I still think ab my ex n we chat from time to time but she's emotionally unpredictable. One day, she misses me; the next she hates me. She's called me at 3am and 2am and texted me at 1am to say she was in the neighborhood and needed to use my bathroom. Then she sent me a text last weekend when she saw my car parked outside a restaurant to say she hates me and she's gonna key my ride. She says I ruined her and that she'll never find true love again because when guys hear about me they are intimidated and feel they don't measure up. It's just crazy because she dumped me and has not asked for me back, not that I'd take her.

I'd love to hear a veteran's take on the situation. I have some theories but I'll let someone else comment first.

My take? She's 19 and immature and possibly a bit unstable.

Way too much drama dude.

This would be what you dealt with had things worked out with her. One minute she'll want your babies, the next she'll want to stab you with scissors.

Consider yourself lucky.

• Author

She's 24. You're right about the wanting to have my babies and then singing a different tune tho. I think she's having a difficult time finding a boy to fill a man's shoes and it's frustrating her that she can't move on as easily as she had anticipated. She definitely wants to be over me but is not and despite being a pathetic soul when I first got dumped, I've moved on and not shown any bitterness. Plus I'm ignoring her and she craves attention. Finally, her friends keep seeing me out on the town having a good time so it appears I've landed on my feet.

I do consider myself lucky tho. I really didn't realize how much I was compromising to be with her until I started dating other women.

P.S. -- I've gone out with 19 year olds who are more mature than my ex at 24. lol

Edited by paperchase