• Author
Did 45 minutes on the elliptical and worked up a good sweat, then did free weights for my uppers. It was good! :bunny:

Awesome!

Yesterday, I did 60 mins kickboxing (stardard drills with gloves, mitts, punching bags - done in 30 secs intervals).

Last night, I had too much to drink so Today, I plan to do work it off with crossfit & Eskrima. My crossift routine is 80 box jumps (20"), 80 kettlebell swings (20#), and 80 pull-ups with the following format:

20 box jumps (M:24"/W:20")/20 kettlebell swings (pick weight)/20 pull-ups. Rest 2 minutes and repeat for a total of four cycles.

Hope everyone gets a good workout today!

skydiveaddict
Amen! what type of exercises you do?

Skydiveaddict, my krav is OK. Yesterday was a bit boring, we went over the punch to the chin defense. I think I have to do more sparring but I've been skipping them because most people are taller than me and I'm such a beginner that I don't have a good reflex. I feel bad if a tall dude is sparring with me because I couldn't come closer and he feels bad going all out. *sigh* I wished I had a train/sparring buddy.

Krav is all about defeating a bigger, stronger person. They're going easy on you because you are a beginner. But go all out on them! Krav is not a sport! You learn by doing. Don't hold back.

Worked out chest and triceps two days ago. Did legs and biceps today. My workout regimen has dwindled due to the ugly breakup and the fact that I can't be at the gym at the same time she is. :rolleyes:

But I can say that I am proud of my decision to go to the gym instead of downtown to drink all day at SXSW. (I'm in Austin, Tx)

• Author
Krav is all about defeating a bigger, stronger person. They're going easy on you because you are a beginner. But go all out on them! Krav is not a sport! You learn by doing. Don't hold back.

I skipped Eskrima today and did 60 mins of Krav Maga Sparring instead. Got hit a few times in the nose. Got punched many times in the stomach (part of the drill) but doubt it will be black/blue.

Guys were taking it easy on me as usual but I went all out. Some were so playful that they were hugging me instead (but of course I kneed them when they did that :p). I am still very tentative, every time I hit someone too hard I said sorry LOL. But I will go sparring at least once a week. I am lacking speed & reflex but will do better over time I am sure.

• Author
Worked out chest and triceps two days ago. Did legs and biceps today. My workout regimen has dwindled due to the ugly breakup and the fact that I can't be at the gym at the same time she is. :rolleyes:

But I can say that I am proud of my decision to go to the gym instead of downtown to drink all day at SXSW. (I'm in Austin, Tx)

Yay! Kudo for you. Nothing can beat the endorphins/the feeling after your hard workout. At least you will feel better afterward (even if it means temporary). Great decision. Keep it up!

Did 100mi on the bike this week which is good, I've gotten to be such a woose about the weather since moving to S Fl that I refuse to ride anymore when it get's below 60. The wind has been a killer though and I'm whipped. I think the Gym today for some light weight work is in order. Did manage to drop about 8lbs in the last couple of weeks.

Lauriebell82

I worked out yesterday but today is going to be my "off day" for the week. I did a lot of housework though, vacuumed and all. I also went for a walk with my fiance since it's nice out. So I got SOME activities in at least!

Ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Weight training for 20 minutes.

Jump-rope for 20 minutes.

Sit ups = 50x

I needed to sweat.

I have a conference to attend in middle of April. I'm hoping to shape up by then.

Do you think it can actually work with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred?

Do you think it can actually work with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred?

I like the 30 day shred. I definitely felt sore the first few times I did it. Plus, it helped me incorporate exercise other than running/cardio.

I like the 30 day shred. I definitely felt sore the first few times I did it. Plus, it helped me incorporate exercise other than running/cardio.

I heard so much about it from cuppa and everyone else on LS so I figured it would be good to give it a try. My conference is in 23 days ... will I get the abs I dream of and to lose some inches in 23 days? :confused::laugh:

I heard so much about it from cuppa and everyone else on LS so I figured it would be good to give it a try. My conference is in 23 days ... will I get the abs I dream of and to lose some inches in 23 days? :confused::laugh:

I'm certain you will. I think that the 30 Day Shred is best for people who are already at a good weight and fitness level, who just want to tone up and improve all around.

Earlier when I posted I had not. But, since then I did manage to get in my 3 miles. Felt great. Nice warm sunny day here in NY. I :love: NY in the spring.

Mea:)

whichwayisup

No exercise today and I'm feeling it. Too lazy and in a procrastinating mood too.. Sucks as I know THIS IS the time to exercise and push myself, but I don't care to.

thegoodlife

Yes, I've been to the gym everyday this week (walked to and from a half hour each way) and while there did about an hour of cardio and half hour of weight training. I've also attended 2 spin classes and 2 bodystep classes this week. I am sore but I feel great!

• Author

Leia, it works. Check my Dec pic, that's after I finished Shred (but I also add cardio, that's why keep that Jump Robe handy LOL). You will get lean and toned (and your butt will go up too). Try it...I even saw a difference after doing for 5 days, 23 days is plenty of time (but cut down your carb too and eat 6 meals a day).

And the best part is that it's not boring, it's only 20 mins and you will get stronger too.

Edited by cuppa
  • Author
No exercise today and I'm feeling it. Too lazy and in a procrastinating mood too.. Sucks as I know THIS IS the time to exercise and push myself, but I don't care to.

ah the day is still young...how about taking a brisk walk? or maybe try some push-ups/sit-ups/crunches? :) or you can start tomorrow ;)

deux ex machina

For the past few weeks it's been a torture chamber.

Volleyball practice.

Workouts consisting of:

• Calisthenics.
  • Running.
  • Running back-and-forth, sideways, and every other way.
  • Running stairs.
  • Being told not to gulp down water, no matter how thirsty I am.
  • Gulping down water anyway.
  • Getting sick.
  • Getting back up.
  • Running again.
  • Plyometrics.

This isn't counting actual volleyball.

• Author
For the past few weeks it's been a torture chamber.

Volleyball practice.

Workouts consisting of:

• Calisthenics.
  • Running.
  • Running back-and-forth, sideways, and every other way.
  • Running stairs.
  • Being told not to gulp down water, no matter how thirsty I am.
  • Gulping down water anyway.
  • Getting sick.
  • Getting back up.
  • Running again.
  • Plyometrics.

This isn't counting actual volleyball.

Ah I used to play vball and joined league for the past 6 years (except this year since i had no time). I'm only a B level player though :p.

This week has been good for me (good energy level - no sickness - no injuries):

Monday

Muay Thai Kickboxing (60Min)

Tuesday

Krav Maga (60 Min)

Crossfit (60 min - Strength, 1.5M running, and 100 15# dumbbell thruster for time - my time is 4:34)

Wednesday

KickBoxing (60 Min)

Thursday

Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zone (40 Min)

P90X Plyometrics (60 min)

Today:

Kickboxing (60 min lunch time)

Heading to crossfit in one hour for strength + 100 push-ups for time, 100 sit-ups for time, and 100 squats for time.

Tomorrow is rest day and Sunday is Krav Maga's day. Have a great weekend everyone!

threebyfate

If lightly stretching in bed and walking to and from the master bathroom is considered exercise, then yes, I exercised today. :(

• Author
No. I'm still debating if I should. It's passed 8pm.

I hope you decided to do your workout!...how's everyone doing last week & this week?

For me, I rest 2 days on Sat & Sunday (though on Sunday, I walked the dogs and did 15 mins P90X abs at night).

Monday is always the most intense for me. I did Muay Thai kickboxing during lunch time and just finished Krav Maga + Crossfit just now (6 - 8 PM). I put on my HRM on my kickboxing session, my heart rate went to 194, averaging 161 in 60 mins. I burned 620 cals and still was burning even half an hour afterward because my heart rate was still in the zone. I got a pretty good after exercise effect I think. I am hoping the same for crossfit although now, it's more like I'm really sore from the weight lifting & the kettlebell intense workouts today.