Is wearing glasses a turn off?

SadandConfusedWA

I've always found that many men find women in glasses to be quite sexy. There's that whole librarian, intellectual look that seems to turn 'em on! :cool:

So, I admit...I am in the minority of posters here...or of those that dare post. :laugh:

Honestly, it would not be a reason NOT to date a woman, but I do not find glasses as a whole "sexy." Granted, some women do look good in glasses, but they usually look better without them...IMO.

I agree with James... I prefer NO glasses..

that's why I had laser surgery 12 years ago.. :) when I could no longer wear lenses...

I think the reason we have those associations is because the people wearing glasses probably went blind reading all the time and doing other important brainiac work.

Hahaha you are probably right! Silly fools that we are....because kids get glasses too...:D

The thing is, I can get by without wearing glasses all the time. I am just wondering if this is a big deal to men in late 20's and 30's.

you should get fitted for some contacts SaCWA....you can wear them when you go out on the town or other social functions. actually over time you'll probably prefer wearing the contacts and switch over to them permanently.

I wear my glasses a lot more now than I used to because my husband finds girls in glasses hot as hell. He's got a bit of a thing for the sexy librarian look. When I was dating, I sometimes wore them, sometimes not, as my prescription is quite mild. I never noticed wearing them putting any guys off, in fact I was frequently complimented on them.

Someone has to post the opposite. :laugh:

I prefer women without glasses. It is much easier to see the eyes. And for me, it is all about the eyes.

I know that is a personal opinion, and maybe it is not even the majority opinion.

My H is an eye guy too, and I think that's actually part of why he likes me in my glasses. For one thing, he does like the way the frames suit my face...and he is always offering to buy me new pairs, so I have more variety. Sometimes I think for him it's almost the equivalent of sexy lingerie :laugh:. But also: when we start to kiss, and he reaches up and gently lifts the glasses off my face and sets them aside, for him there is something revelatory and sensual about that moment, looking me clearly in the eye, seeing my naked gaze, perhaps being the only man that day to do so. He'd probably love it if I wore my glasses all day every day, but I prefer not to; I like having a variety of looks.

Clearly there are different takes :bunny:.

As long as they are trendy. I just got new glasses and I love them. However, I do wear contacts the majority of the time.

Glasses on women do not make a difference to me as long as they are fashionable. I do think it's easier for women to pull them off than for men.

I guess if you are a naturally confident person with high self-esteem, you can wear glasses and many other questionable things on. If you have doubts in yourself, the glasses will provoke your insecurity. So, if you are naturally insecure, you might get even more insecure with glasses on.

It is more important for dating how you feel about yourself than how you look.

I like geeky type plain black plastic German or French style frames on lots of women as much as no glasses at all or contacts. Depends on the face.

So at 31, I have discovered that I am somewhat short sighted and need glasses. I got them today and I am completely amazed how beautiful and sharp everything looks. I thought it was normal for the world to be a bit blurry. My prescription is pretty mild at -1, but the difference is huge.

Now I am worried that wearing glasses will turn men off. I think that my frames look pretty cool (Chanel no less) but still.... I remember when I was around 20 I thought that men with glasses are not as sexy. Nowdays, I do not care at all.

The thing is, I can get by without wearing glasses all the time. I am just wondering if this is a big deal to men in late 20's and 30's.

I think it depends on their "look." I had a pair that screamed "intellectual." They made me look way older. ;)

"Sexy" glasses exist. I just bought two pairs that flatter my facial features, skin tone, and eye color perfectly. :love: Men approach more than they did when I wore my nearly invisible rimless frames.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread because the other day I walked out of my work building on the way to a party wearing my contacts and the female security guard flipped out and was like "oh my gosh is that who I think it is? I didn't recognize you!!!" Then the next day she told me I could be a supermodel. I still like wearing glasses most of the time though :)

Pink Cupcakes
you should get fitted for some contacts SaCWA....you can wear them when you go out on the town or other social functions. actually over time you'll probably prefer wearing the contacts and switch over to them permanently.

Nah, that's not worth the expense. When I wear my glasses, I get hit on even more. They are a fashion statement these days. You have hip Chanel frames, go out and show them off.

I will take a NICE guy,tired of all these red neck drunk,druggys I always attract myself to. Glasses,bald,and all,just a nice plain guy :) is fine for me.

no more settleing for less,and walking around with black eyes,i thought i deserved HA!!!

Glasses are cool its who you are that makes you beautiful in,and out.:bunny:

No way girly! I WISH I needed glasses! I think glasses are sexy! I don't mind them on guys either. If you're unhappy, you could always get contacts...

Glasses ( depending on the type and the frames) can actually make a person look sexier. I'm not one to complain about them since I do wear glasses, but I also wear contacts when I go out since they're less bothersome especially in less than agreeable weather.

If a guy is so superficial as to say you don't look good you can imagine what else he isn't satisfied with. If you're confident in yourself in whatever ( just like a woman can be confident and still look gorgeous in a laid back T and jeans), you have absolutely nothing to worry about whether glasses are a turn off or not.

lordWilhelm

My gf looks even sexier (if that was possible) with her glasses on... just make sure the glasses you choose complement your looks :)