Want to e-mail the ex, what to do?

GoldfingerCymru

My personal opinion is that you couldn't be friendly with an ex as you would evenyually want to re-kindle the relationship.

It would kill me to be friends and see her current boyfrinds etc. I just couldn't do it - maybe I am not strong enough for that.

Inloko,

Your so right, i'm so used to conversations with her that we shared, i miss her & need a straight jacket when near a pc, but i've will power now.

BigBelm, it's amused me in bits also but i don't feel like laughin. No what i mean!

weep weep!

Still don't understand that "Wigan" thing!

Thats what i'm hoping for what Mr roggger has & mabe rekindle things, as friends, but my gf has said she wants no men & wants freedom, so i have this image in my head that i'd be her friend & as she wants no bf, slowly work on things..

But yes, as Goldi says, seeing her with another would be a heart killer!

BrainRightHeartWrong

i'm with GoldfingerCymru, i have been in the situation he describes, the next day i nearly drove the car into a wall such as the effect it had on me

bottom line is it can't be done if you have still have feelings for someone

maybe the day comes when you will have a new love and so will she and both of you then could be friends without any emotional baggage

was it you who initiated the contact again mr_roggger?

GoldfingerCymru

I'm at my lowest ebb today as she will be back from Canada tomorrow.

We still have to try and force a smile.

Wigan has a reputation for being rough. They have a reputation for being really rough..........and the men too.

BrainRightHeartWrong

funny enough my story about Richard Ashcroft was that he got his head kicked in but he asked for it apparently :cool:

why are you meeting your ex tomorrow anyway GoldfingerCymru?

Yes, I did initiate the contact again, but her attitude towards me had done a complete 180. She was right back to being ahppy talking to me rather than cold and annoyed (she was like this as I bugged her and pleaded with her to get back wioth me for the 1st week of our break-up). Since that call, we have each initiated contact (anything from texts to actually meeting up) with eachother.

I know I am not over her, but I am over the fact that I am not with her, I saw that as the first hurdle to clear. I don't feel that I need to be with her any more, but I would still like to be.

I am fine with being just frineds with her if nothing else happens, we are such good friends, why throw that away too?

Also, some people, believe from my posts that she may be interested in getting back with me, although I try not to read too much into this as I don't want to get any false hopes up!

BrainRightHeartWrong
I know I am not over her, but I am over the fact that I am not with her

mr_roggger i am trying to understand this... it doesn't make sense

i honestly think the best thing to do for you is to have no contact, if you have a chance with her then the no contact rule just might give you the best hop in your situation

you are not giving her a chance to miss you

wait until you jump all hurdles and cross the finish line before you try to be friends otherwise it'll break you in 2 AGAIN!!!

I have done the no contact rule and am past that now!

What I mean is, for a while, I couldn't bear the fact that I wasn't with her and was determined to do something about it. I now accept that I am not with her and am ok with it and I am considering meeting new people etc. I do however, still want to be with her in the future as I know we can be so good together.

I know that she did miss me after the no contact period, since when we met up, as it cane time for me to leave (I initiated leaving) she kept holding me back and chatting more with me about random individual topics! I am having 3 weeks of minimal contact from today onwards too.

BrainRightHeartWrong

give her 6 months of no contact and she might come back the way you want her

i know this would be hard but it might just work for you

next time she phones you tell her you have to go out with a friend

This isn't really the right thread to be posting stuff about me under, so i'm gonna post my next question in my most recent thread!