Anyone here who doesn't celebrate Valentine's day?

sugar_and_spice

thegreatmoose

What a useless holiday. It's a holiday for couples to rub it in to singles how alone they really are. :mad: I've never gotten anyone flowers.

skydiveaddict
What a useless holiday. It's a holiday for couples to rub it in to singles how alone they really are. :mad: I've never gotten anyone flowers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree!

Heheh, +2!! :bunny:

tomorrow will be the first V-Day in about 5 years I am spending by myself.

There is this pillow fight in SF during V-Day. Anyone want to go?

tomorrow will be the first V-Day in about 5 years I am spending by myself.

There is this pillow fight in SF during V-Day. Anyone want to go?

Considering your success with women...I'll be surprised if you attend & don't meet anyone. :cool:

Even when I've not been single, I've avoided celebrating Valentines day as an adult. If I'm with someone, we may exchange gifts or cards the day before, but I make a point of not doing anything 'romantic' the day of, other than what we would normally do, of course. I think the 'holiday' has become way too commercialized and choose not to support the marketing companies. I can make a card for someone I care about using paper and pen, all on my own.

I also find it amusing that, according to history, very little is actually known about the two Saint Valentines that the holiday is supposed to be based on, and what is known has nothing to do with romance. The holiday didn't even make if off of the Roman Catholic calendar until 1969, and only then was when it started to be widely recognized as a holiday.