Heroes or villains?

So, switching the gender in the power role for a moment, would you think our sheriff, who happens to be a lady, would be more likely to cheat because of her position of power (over very masculine men, I might add) than one of her deputies? Does power only corrupt a man's moral compass and/or exagerate a man's propensity to cheat or can the same apply to women?

IIRC, at least with two of the three (and I'm pretty sure all three) military LS'ers I noted prior, it was their spouses who were unfaithful, not them. The same happened to my father while he was fighting the Nazis. His wife hooked up with another guy and divorced him while he was overseas and took his daugheters. I guess there are always exceptions....

Speaking of the cops: the Blue line comes to mind. There are lots of things behind that line, I guess.

Can you explain the Blue line reference? I found a Blue line web site. Do you mean this is used as a hook up site?

So, switching the gender in the power role for a moment, would you think our sheriff, who happens to be a lady, would be more likely to cheat because of her position of power (over very masculine men, I might add) than one of her deputies? Does power only corrupt a man's moral compass and/or exagerate a man's propensity to cheat or can the same apply to women?

IIRC, at least with two of the three (and I'm pretty sure all three) military LS'ers I noted prior, it was their spouses who were unfaithful, not them. The same happened to my father while he was fighting the Nazis. His wife hooked up with another guy and divorced him while he was overseas and took his daugheters. I guess there are always exceptions....

I know this was directed at someone else, but I find it interesting. I'm guessing that most men don't find powerful women attractive in the same way that many women find powerful men attractive. I may be wrong, but In my observation, men want the women to be less powerful the themselves and women want the man to be someone they can look up to.

Edited by angie2443
spelling
Can you explain the Blue line reference? I found a Blue line web site. Do you mean this is used as a hook up site?

No. LOL. The "Blue Line" is generally what is referred to when cops close ranks to protect one of their own from something, usually the consequences of wrong doing.

I've never seen the site you mention. LOL. Are you a cop, angie?

No. LOL. The "Blue Line" is generally what is referred to when cops close ranks to protect one of their own from something, usually the consequences of wrong doing.

I've never seen the site you mention. LOL. Are you a cop, angie?

I'm laughing at the thought of me bieng a cop! No, I'm far from it. I just googled "Blue line" and there is a site called the BLUELINE for police people. I thought maybe people in the force used it to hook up with each other. What do I know? Anyways, what you've said makes sense.

I'm guessing that most men don't find powerful women attractive in the same way that many women find powerful men attractive.

At this juncture, I would tend to agree, but IMO the dynamic is changing. I do know our sheriff has been married a long time and her H married her while she was a 'beat cop'. I was more interested in the psychology of power and success correlating to gender behavioral patterns. It's generally accepted to be a factor for males, but it's only been in the last hundred years or so that women have begun to experience the same dynamics and resultant effects on their psychology. It'll be interesting to see how things work out :)

I was more interested in the psychology of power and success correlating to gender behavioral patterns. It's generally accepted to be a factor for males, but it's only been in the last hundred years or so that women have begun to experience the same dynamics and resultant effects on their psychology. It'll be interesting to see how things work out :)

I have heard that women in more powerful, driven positions (lawyers, etc.)have more testerone in them than the average women does. I can't remember where I've read this, though. It would be interesting to know rather certain jobs attract people with more testerone or if certain jobs create this in people. If the jobs create more power driven people, then I do think the dynamic between the average man and women will change in the future.

The putting out of accidental fires is heroic; always has been and prolly always will be. It doesn't have anything to do with their personal lives and personal failings. AND YES, having affiars are personal failings even if they are not as monumental as the tragedy in Haiti :rolleyes:.

I think, perhaps, the fact that they risk their lives for their earnings makes them feel like they go above and beyond - not just for the people they save, but to meet their family's monetary needs. Maybe it leads them to believe they deserve something extra on the side for their dangerous efforts.

I will admit that firefighters are one of the sexier high risk jobs ;). However, I have standards and the ablity to see that my loins/urges are not as important as the promises made to small children or the woman he had them with. My sexual desires are not as important as avoiding the disappointed look on both spouses parent's faces. It isn't worth the awkwardness of the friends and community that welcomed their union into their lives and now have to figure out where who they extend their allegence to after the divorce.

Would that everyone realized their urges are not as important as other things - including the tragedy in Haiti. :confused:

II think serial cheaters come in all shapes and sizes and careers. I don't think serial cheating is related to any profession but related to the character of a person

When I made the comment in IMISS's thread about the firefighter, I meant people in these sorts of professions are not ONLY cheaters, but many people in these professions have personality disorders that relate to their egos such as grandiose thinking, narcissism or even on some level of sociopathic tendencies.

This doesn't always equate to cheaters, they can also kill animals, mentally torture people, slander etc

Cheaters are well, just cheaters, nothing job specific about that! That is about a rotting soul and not a job

I have heard that women in more powerful, driven positions (lawyers, etc.)have more testerone in them than the average women does. I can't remember where I've read this, though. It would be interesting to know rather certain jobs attract people with more testerone or if certain jobs create this in people. If the jobs create more power driven people, then I do think the dynamic between the average man and women will change in the future.

I have two GF"s who are high profile dovorce laywers and neither of them cheat. I have a best friend who was a high school drop out who went on to her her PHD in cancer research at 40 yrs old and she's cheated on her BF too many times to count.

Now, I'm also in the circles of body builders, since I also train and none of my female BB friends who have tons of test in their system are cheaters.

Like I said, serial cheaters is a sickness of character and not how much test is in their veins or what their profession is

I have two GF"s who are high profile divorce laywers and neither of them cheat. I have a best friend who was a high school drop out who went on to get her PHD in cancer research at 40 yrs old and she's cheated on her BF too many times to count.

Now, I'm also in the circles of body builders, since I also train and none of my female BB friends who have tons of test in their system are cheaters.

Like I said, serial cheaters is a sickness of character and not how much test is in their veins or what their profession is

When I made the comment in IMISS's thread about the firefighter, I meant people in these sorts of professions are not ONLY cheaters, but many people in these professions have personality disorders that relate to their egos such as grandiose thinking, narcissism or even on some level of sociopathic tendencies.

I can agree with this. I am not a medical professional, just related to one and went to school with several. And I am convinced that they all have the mental issues that they claim to be treating in others.

I can agree with this. I am not a medical professional' date=' just related to one and went to school with several. And I am convinced that they all have the mental issues that they claim to be treating in others.[/quote']

every human on the planet has mental issue and thing we need to work out.

But there is a difference between mental issues and acting out in some psychotic way.

II think serial cheaters come in all shapes and sizes and careers. I don't think serial cheating is related to any profession but related to the character of a person

This doesn't always equate to cheaters, they can also kill animals, mentally torture people, slander etc

Cheaters are well, just cheaters, nothing job specific about that! That is about a rotting soul and not a job

So now firefighters, police officers, military personnel, and others in authoritative careers have personality disorders and are all sociopaths likely to torture small fuzzy things??

LMAO!!! PRICELESS!!! :lmao: :lmao:

I'd rather not discuss my own situation, but for the purposes of this survey I can tell you of three other MM's I have known of through involvements of my friends: one was a police officer, one was self-employed, and another was in a managerial position at a sales type job. The police officer is a serial cheater, as was Mr. Self-employed. The other guy was not and he eventually divorced.

So now firefighters, police officers, military personnel, and others in authoritative careers have personality disorders and are all sociopaths likely to torture small fuzzy things??

Maybe you need to re read this thread and the one that sparked it

You lash out that those you disagree with you. You are a very troubled young lady!

You edited your post just as I was posting my response and it kicked out my response.. lol

you have now changed your post to read "MANY people" in these careers.. but that is not what you said originally...

Regardless, I still think is is beyond comprehenision that you think firefighters, police officers and military personnel are more likely than anyone else to have "personality disorders" and be sociopathic, and are likely to hurt small fuzzy critters!!!

LMAO! that is PRICELESS!!! :lmao:

*can i ask what you are basing this theory on?

I don't know how you reached this conclusion. Really, I don't.

I fail to see why it is so funny, when it is no where near what was actually said.

Maybe you need to re read this thread and the one that sparked it

You lash out that those you disagree with you. You are a very troubled young lady!

I have read this thread... lmao... and who am I lashing out at?

I want to know what research you have conducted that shows that people in those professions are likely to kick dogs, or skin cats???

I also find it amusing how you seem to want to tell everyone else that they have mental health issues... i am wondering when you got your medical degree??? Since you have just today diagnosed myself as "troubled", diagnosed IMTK as "mentally unwell", and diagnosed entire professions as being sociopaths... :lmao:

I don't know how you reached this conclusion. Really, I don't.

I fail to see why it is so funny, when it is no where near what was actually said.

That is EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID.. she diagnosed entire professions of people as sociopaths!! IT IS RIGHT THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!

Interesting thread, OW.

I know that there are special offices of therapists who ONLY counsel all the professions named above: policemen, firefighters, and military personnel.

Wonder why that is? Does the career lead to greater stress? More adrenaline? More admiration? (and we can add successful businessmen in the last group) and then returning home to a significant other you are just daddy? Hubby?And not the hero, not in the way you may be at work?

Does daily respect and admiration from strangers lead to higher expectations of receiving it in a long-term relationship...perhaps unearned?

Just wondering....

(My reading of that - and I'd be intrigued to see what DI makes of my reading - is that they were so used to being in control all the time, that when someone came along, completely unimpressed by their titles and their awards and their connections, and started bossing THEM around and expecting them to do all the work, and delivering to MY agenda as and when it suited me... that it was new, and fun, and exciting....?)

I would tend to agree. I think that there are definitely personality types that respond to a challenge. They type of men that get everything they want how they want it...and then all of the sudden they meet their match...very sexy. Actually, it kind of turns me on. Uh oh :laugh:.

That is EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID.. she diagnosed entire professions of people as sociopaths!! IT IS RIGHT THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!

I quoted her post above, and other than your pointing out that she added "many", I don't see her saying what you assert.

Its not there is "black and white". You are twisting her words. The very thing you accuse others in this forum of, on a regular basis.