"It'll just happen..."

Disillusioned

Disillusioned

I got so frustrated hearing that over and over. Somebody needs to explain to me how this is supposed to work. It must require ESP, no? I mean, I'm out in my yard one afternoon, trimming the shrubs, and allofasudden I get a vibe telling me to go to some place across town, 1234 Main Street, and knock on the door, even though I've never been to the place and I don't know anyone who lives there... is that how it's supposed to work?

Or maybe I should send out my own vibes instead. The problem is how to get my signals out there... but being a radio ham, I put 2 and 2 together. This is how to send your vibes out all over the place:

your head --> EEG machine --> radio transmitter --> antenna

The transmitter will cost you from $120 to $500, but the EEG will cost you ten times that. Also, be prepared... instead of your soulmate showing up on your front porch, it might be a couple of FCC agents who want to know why you're transmitting brain waves over the radio.

Heh...

When one of my friends or anyone else tells me that line, "it'll just happen...," I generally hear it as, "shut up about your d*mn problems trying to find women, I'm tired of hearing about it..."

Now this is how I personally react when I hear it...this is not a jab at you in any way...

But after wasting a good part of my younger years bitching and moaning like OpenGL about women, I've learned that it gets old. My friends get tired of hearing about it. And I know they will always have my back, so I trust them when they say this to me and leave it at that.

I interpret it to mean that life happens only if you live it...as cliche and corny as that sounds...there's no secret formula or method to it...no ESP...

I hear you. Some of my friends always tell me to just let things happen and not force anything, but some of my other friends tell me to take the initiative. My best guess is to go after someone you want because sometimes a person does have take the initiative. Another time, just have fun and see what happens. I guess what most people say is to relax and don't be overthinking this too much.

That is annoying haha, but I think sometimes your friends (like anyones') don't know what to say. My only advice, if you see any girl out and about, and you feel a spark or think she seems cool/+cute, go up to her!! Honestly, the worst that can happen is that she isn't interested. And that's a small price to pay for probably getting to meet some fun girls!!! That's all I got for now. : ]

Math...:sick: People that say "it will just happen" are trying to make you feel better. Please don't blame them for not knowing what to say. Sometimes, we need to get away from the people closest to us and get an honest opinion from a stranger. I mean, I give honest opinions to people close to me too, but you get my point. It's not just going to happen. Do something. Accept rejection and move on to the next prey, darn it! :) Make your own destiny.