Why So Many Anti-Women Threads vs Anti-Men Threads?

Pizzaman81

Did anyone miss me when I left during my move to Denver :(

Haha probably not :p:lmao:

I don't think it's much of a gender war around here. I just think it's a bunch of peeps that refuse to accept that their being rejected as more to do then with their height, skin color, being older, being nice, being whatever...

paddington bear

I think the man-bashing, woman-bashing threads are borne of genuine frustration, loneliness, insecurity and bitterness from people who can see no solution to their problem.

I don't think dating is easy these days for many people. And for some people it's never easy, either because of their looks, their attitudes, their own self of worth, their situation and so on. And after long periods of time people get f***ed off and angry that no matter what they try to do they still lose out. That frustration turns to bitterness, I'm a nice guy/girl why don't I get...?

The truth is that I think we've all bought into the myth that if you improve yourself and get a good career and look good and are this and that, then you will magically get a result women/men swooning over you. Sometimes you don't get that result (or it is a long time coming). Life is unfair, the good guy doesn't always get the girl, the princess doesn't get her handsome prince. But we still seem to believe that it is fair and that we deserve something and that we can control our dating lives when I think there is only so much we can do and then it's down to pure luck.

Is it just the way male and females think? Are males just angry?

I love you all by the way. :love:

I think so many people on here take part in online dating. In my experience, it DOES NOT work, or there is like a 10% chance it might.:eek: People are becoming more and more frustrated and placing the blame on the opposite sex. At least in my area, the guys suck, but doesn't mean you have be against all women or men , or hold something against them just because you can't find the right person. :laugh:

I think the man-bashing, woman-bashing threads are borne of genuine frustration, loneliness, insecurity and bitterness from people who can see no solution to their problem.

I don't think dating is easy these days for many people. And for some people it's never easy, either because of their looks, their attitudes, their own self of worth, their situation and so on. And after long periods of time people get f***ed off and angry that no matter what they try to do they still lose out. That frustration turns to bitterness, I'm a nice guy/girl why don't I get...?

The truth is that I think we've all bought into the myth that if you improve yourself and get a good career and look good and are this and that, then you will magically get a result women/men swooning over you. Sometimes you don't get that result (or it is a long time coming). Life is unfair, the good guy doesn't always get the girl, the princess doesn't get her handsome prince. But we still seem to believe that it is fair and that we deserve something and that we can control our dating lives when I think there is only so much we can do and then it's down to pure luck.

Great post,yeah some people tell you if u change your life have a positive outlook bla hblah blah u will get a mate and its pure fluff and really doesnt gurantee anything

I hope i never come off as anti women here its not my intention its just sometimes as u said some of us just get so frustrated becasue of lack of female companionship it hurts when you think that most females arent attracted to and dont want anyhting to do with you on a relationship level..

ALl my friends are married or getitng married u see them in a loving relationship plus they have their own lives now so its evne harder to meet any women for me..

Yeah u can say dont worry about it focus on other things which is what i do but you cant tell someone they have no right to ever vent when they feel lonely and unappealing to the oppsite sex,its easy to say stop whining or dotn owrry about it especially when youre not somebody who has a problem in the dating or relationship world..

Many female members have left, in disgust.

You bet. Every time I check in and see that the "Women - You make me sick" or the "Admit your're a misandrist" thread is STILL on the first page, I tend to exit. I don't need to visit a place where I'm insulted indiscriminately, repeatedly, and for no reason other than I am a woman.

Perhaps, like children needy for attention, the people who post essentially the same thread over and over enjoy the attention they get, even if it's negative.

However, if I were African-American, I wouldn't frequent a KKK board, and if I were Jewish, I wouldn't visit a Nazi board. And as a woman, I don't wish to come to a misogynist board, which is what LS looks like more and more. I have enough crap to deal with in my own life without inviting it into my psyche by coming here.

You bet. Every time I check in and see that the "Women - You make me sick" or the "Admit your're a misandrist" thread is STILL on the first page, I tend to exit. I don't need to visit a place where I'm insulted indiscriminately, repeatedly, and for no reason other than I am a woman.

Perhaps, like children needy for attention, the people who post essentially the same thread over and over enjoy the attention they get, even if it's negative.

However, if I were African-American, I wouldn't frequent a KKK board, and if I were Jewish, I wouldn't visit a Nazi board. And as a woman, I don't wish to come to a misogynist board, which is what LS looks like more and more. I have enough crap to deal with in my own life without inviting it into my psyche by coming here.

Losing intelligent, literate, respected and balanced members like yourself, is a blow to the LS community. Over the years, your posts have helped a lot of other members.

I truly miss posts like yours and Art Critic, who's normally far more prolific in his advice and also many other MIA balanced members' posts. :(

And as a woman, I don't wish to come to a misogynist board, which is what LS looks like more and more.

LS is not a misogynist board

However, if I were African-American, I wouldn't frequent a KKK board, and if I were Jewish, I wouldn't visit a Nazi board. And as a woman, I don't wish to come to a misogynist board, which is what LS looks like more and more.

Please... comparing what goes on here to racial hatred is simultaneously amusing and insulting to real sufferers of discrimination. What goes on here is men saying things they normally would get shouted down for in real life because it is ok to shout down male views in current feminized culture. Just because a man makes a generalization does not mean it is directed at you, to be internalized and personalized. The number of really inflammatory threads on this board is miniscule, as is any real hatred of women expressed here.

If it so offends you to even see a thread with a title like "Women make me sick," on an internet relationship forum, if that is such a personal affront to your tender eyes, perhaps you aren't cut out for the internet or any other form of free expressive discourse. There are highly moderated forums out there for folks of that delicate sensitivity, they are without exception deadly dull and lifeless.

and.then.some

Because it's easier for some people to believe that others are the problem than it would be to accept the possibility that the problem is within themselves. The more insecure, the more difficult this task appears to be (at least from what I've noticed).

The truth is often hard to swallow. So, there needs to be a scapegoat...

They don't really want to know why x happened... they only want to make themselves feel better.

Left in a Lurch
Let's just all fart rainbows and pink fluffy bunnies at each other shall we?

Spectacular response!

I think since guys have to do the pursuing, they might have more frustration stories than the women being pursued. We have to figure out what the 'right' moves are to attract a perfect stranger more often than not.

If you read the posts, most of the ant-women posts come down to asking what certain signals mean. I think in a lot of situations if you are the one pursuing it can be very frustrating trying to figure out what actions to take, and basically guiys do more active pursuing than women.

On LS people seem to get offended by generalizations and that's where most of the arguments start. If a woman posted "Why do all guys act stupid at football games?" I know it is a generalization about men and I don't need to get offended because I understand the role of a generalization in a post to make a point.

I tend to put the ones on ignore that just rub me raw and make the LS experience crappy,

It's kinda funny sometimes to browse a thread full of trash and not see hardly any posts :laugh:

There is a thread going full blown right now that the main posters are bitter and I happened to browse the thread a few mins ago and since I have many of those posters on ignore I couldn't read most of the last 4-5 pages..

hahaha

I tend to put the ones on ignore that just rub me raw and make the LS experience crappy,

It's kinda funny sometimes to browse a thread full of trash and not see hardly any posts :laugh:

There is a thread going full blown right now that the main posters are bitter and I happened to browse the thread a few mins ago and since I have many of those posters on ignore I couldn't read most of the last 4-5 pages..

hahaha

I do the same thing and know exactly which thread you're talking about!! :laugh:

I'm pretty put off by the recent threads and the people starting them, but I'm also shocked. They make me wonder if a lot of men actually feel this way. I don't think that this kind of crazed bitterness is something I encounter in my life outside of LS.

I'm all for LS being Place to vent but some of these people just make me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do the same thing and know exactly which thread you're talking about!! :laugh:

I'm sorry.. did you post something ? :lmao:.......

hahahahaha........

Just kidding...

I'm sorry.. did you post something ? :lmao:.......

hahahahaha........

Just kidding...

I know I'm not on ignore...at least right now! :p;)
I have mad love for you TBF..:love:... after all you are preggers
I :love: you back AC, especially since you're such a smart man, knowing not to mess with a pregnant woman! :laugh:
I'm on ignore...most likely

Well.. naming names is never a good idea and most likely would get me an infraction from the boss so Ima not gonna go there...:laugh:

I was just talking about how those threads make me do put people on ignore and after reading TBF's post I'm not the only one...

The internet has become for men what girlfriends are to women. Many of these men are here becase they are in pain and this is how they vent. Men get hurt in relationships and love just like women do. I also see just as much misandry on the internet but nobody seems to notice it. I find it much more hateful to say that men deserve to get cheated on because it is payback like a few women on here who shall remain nameless have said then to simply vent frustration at modern day dating.

The internet has become for men what girlfriends are to women. Many of these men are here becase they are in pain and this is how they vent.

I actually have a dude I have vented on a few months ago. He's a kid from work that is always asking why I don't go to his parties or say anything about having a GF ect ect..He really pissed me off for the longest time..kept pestering me about it. One day I was very very close to decking him.

One day on the ground we were talking working together and he asked me again....told me he wouldn't say anything to the guys if I wanted to tell him what's up. Really good kid... and you know..... I told him....who cares...

Told him that the whole thing scares the hell out of me and I have some bad image problems. I just try to avoid it and forget it. He understood and told me anytime I wanted him to hook me up..he would do it.

Hasn't bothered me since. So yes..he's like a vent "girlfriend" to me:lmao:....good kid though..very mature for his age.

If someone could point me in the direction of how to block people, that would be excellent. :D

Myprofile/cp/settings&options/edit ignore list.