I don't like pretty girls.

First of all, you need good balance and a pair of shoes with good traction. Without these, your introduction could be dangerous and could put out an eye or two.

Second, a little bit of a dash is necessary to achieve the momentum that requires perfect drop down after the bound, which can be made either on the left OR right foot. Whichever you're most comfortable with. How do you golf? That's how you should decide.

Do not put your hands on your hips until you land firmly on the ground.

Try to clear your throat before the introduction, for if you shout out, "Behold!" but you get a frog in your throat and it comes out, "Behughghgh..." that will doom things instantly.

I think usually before bounding my problem would be that damn "lump in my pants" not the "frog in my throat"!

Someone might lose an eye with that alone!

I don't golf but I will get into the swing of things.

Oh yeah...thanks for the landing tip. Hands on hips. Have you ever tried yelling " High Hoe" kinda like behold but might work better?

OK, you two! ROTFL. I've got a mental image of you bouncing about like superballs and proclaiming indeterminate numbers of incomprehensible syllables and I am LMAO, here.

moimeme,

Help!! I'm internet illiterate. What does: ROTFL, LMAO, and IMAO mean?

Is it a good thing?

Plus UCFKevin and I are planning a "bounding party" A training session so to speak! lol! (I know what that means!)

I haven't seen IMAO; I suspect the 'I' is being used by somebody who misread the lowercase 'l' for lmao.

Here's a site which will answer every question you ever have on Internet shorthand. You'll find that only a very few of them are used here at LS but it never hurts to have a reference ;)

http://www.romulus2.com/articles/guides/shorthand/shorthand.shtml#L8R

I am trying to go about my business and not picture items which might poke an eye out. <weg>

Hey...why don't cha' come bounding with us. I wanted to do the "dashing thru the snow" thing but UCFKevin wasn't thinking bout' that one.

Plus i still have a lot to learn to be a professional bounder such as him!

Thank you so much for the link. It puts things into a much better perspective!!

Here's what I think...

Attractive or not..in 40 years you wont see that young beautiful face and bangin body, so you better have something to talk about. Bonding on emotional and spiritual levels (if that's your thing) would be the number one emphasis for me, although looks are important to some degree, i mean, there does have to be some sort of chemistry..but sometimes that chemistry can surpass anything you ever imagined once you dive deeper :)

Well said. Looks only get you so far. Give me a cute girl with an amazing personality over a gorgeous girl with the personality of Steven Wright any day.

mjk, dashing through the snow? That's taking it a bit too far, my man. You're out of your mind.

Yeah, but to impress a woman shouldn't we be creative?

I really thought the snow-thing woulda worked!

Better than the funeral.

Creative, sure. But dashing through the snow might remind them of the horrible movie Dreamcatcher, which wouldn't be good for anyone.

Funerals can be good.

"Man...death, huh? What a bummer. Anyway, I'm Kevin!"

why don't cha' come bounding with us.

I'd be delighted! 'Twould take a fair bit of bounding, though, given the vast distances betwixt us :(

Here. This little fellow will bound on my behalf : > :bunny:

I wanted to do the "dashing thru the snow" thing

IMHO, you are both dashing gents :D

sometimes that chemistry can surpass anything you ever imagined once you dive deeper

Oh, honey - you got THAT right - and a bag o' chips!

I think when you meet the right person......they are the most attractive person in the whole world...if only to you. It's a LOVE THING.......

i usually fall for quirky/unusal looking guys, who have something distinctive about them...

i dont often go for pretty boys... my ex is an exception, although i never would've gone for him out of my own motivation.

Most of the hotties I've dated were very high maintenance and we couldn't do anything in public unless she looked perfect, barf.

I started dating ugly chix and the last one fell in love and wanted to get married after 25 seconds.

Now I play video games at home with no pants on and I'm perfectly happy.

One thing about people though.. I've dated a couple of extremely beautiful men, and after getting to know them..thought they were the absolute ugliest thing I had ever met.

On the other hand..was with a very average looking guy, and when we were out anywhere, the finest hot looking man could walk by and I wouldn't notice (he'd often comment on why I didn't look)..why..because this average joe was completely beautiful on the inside..and because of that.. every other man was the ugly one. It's all relative..

Me being a woman..it's emotional..i'll date a guy based on how he makes me feel.. but I understand some dudes are more visual..so whatever floats your boat I guess. I suggest sticking to the heart and soul..the rest follows :)

• Author
Why do guys avoid them?

Well one thing I have noticed is that pretty girls have that "stuck up" look to them, no smile with a look of I'm better than everyone else. If you want guys to be less intimidating you basically got to look less intimidating, smile as much as possible, especially at guys who strike your fancy, and if they don't talk to you, why not go over and talk to them, frankly for the most part, the woman holds the most power whether they realize it or not.

Originally posted by Alexandré

OK I have noticed that I'm attracted to girls who arent generally accepted as attractive. Like I'll meet a girl that I know is completely hot yet I'm attracted to her at all. I guess I like girls that are considered average-looking. Is theyre anthing wrong with this? I'm a pretty good looking guy and I've been with really attractive girls before, but now I like just average girls. So am I weird or is this healthy? I feel theres nothing wrong with this.

Nothing wrong at all. No one can tell you who to be attracted too and there is no 'norm' when it comes to what is or isn't attractive. Just because a women looks like a model, doesn't mean she is 'more attactive' than anyone else. She is only attractive to those who consider her attributes to be attractive.

I think you are just afraid of what your friends will think, or society in general. You have to be happy with your partner, no one else :)

Enjoy, think about it, sounds like you have more women to choose from :D