Reasons women won't date self-proclaimed "nice guys"

Golfilla

I think it all boils down to two things:

1. These self-professed nice guys are clueless about social cues and expect that with every woman, they will react the same way, if they do [insert action].
  2. They're self-entitled, spoiled brats, unwilling to work on themselves.

#2 sounds exactly like how women are.

I was once tested by a psychologist who claims that according to her data I'm a pretty nice guy. Personally, I think I'm an *******. It works for me. I accept it.

A few years from now you will hear a ton of stuff come out about the Jonas Brothers that will shatter the nice guy myth.

Even so, how they appear is what a nice guy really is. Whether they are nice guys, or are just pretending remains to be seen. Further proof just how rare nice guys are. Few people believe that any guys are nice guys really. Unless of course you're talking to a girl, then almost every boyfriend/husband is a nice guy LOL :laugh:.

Edited by sagetalk
reword sentence for better clarity
Even so, how they appear is what a nice guy really is. Whether they are nice guys, or are just pretending remains to be seen. Further proof just how rare nice guys are. No one believes that any guys are nice guys really. Unless of course you're talking to a girl, then almost every boyfriend/husband is a nice guy LOL :laugh:.

I suppose that's why guys like Charlie Sheen are always with women, and non abusive beta males have their hands as dates on every new years.

Even so, how they appear is what a nice guy really is. Whether they are nice guys, or are just pretending remains to be seen. Further proof just how rare nice guys are. Few people believe that any guys are nice guys really. Unless of course you're talking to a girl, then almost every boyfriend/husband is a nice guy LOL :laugh:.

There are very few nice girls as well. In a few years Taylor Swift who is the female equivelant to the Jonas Brothers will probably be another hollywood trainwreck. To me the Jonas Brothers aside from sucking as musicians are putting up a front which nobody actually lives up to. Just because a man has played around before does not mean he is incapable of being a good man to the right woman. Lok at Warren Beatty who played around for years and then settled down with the right woman and as far as everybody knows has been faithful. Tiger Woods is a perfect example of a man who put up the nice guy front only for it to be a complete lie.

I suppose that's why guys like Charlie Sheen are always with women, and non abusive beta males have their hands as dates on every new years.

Whats your point? The Jonas brothers could sleep with half the girls their age too? I'm not saying that Charlie Sheen can't get women. I'm saying that most people have no idea what a nice guy really is. Most people use it incorrectly to describe wimpy/loser guys.

A beta male is not a nice guy, he is a beta male. Women don't like beta males as much because beta males usually have: less attitude, less sexual drive, smaller muscles, fewer popular friends, less attractive female friends, passive behavior, and do poorly in fist fights.

If a women wants an alpha male, great for her. But they have just as many weaknesses as beta males. Arrogant, quick tempered, unfaithful, rash, reckless, jumps to conclusions too quickly, puts others in danger, must be in control always, takes criticism poorly, can be physically violent, tendencies to abuse alcohol, tendency to verbally and physically abuse women, tendency to demand (not ask/presude) physical intercourse.

Alpha males and beta males both have their place. Any women that will only date alpha males is dumb in my opinion.

There are very few nice girls as well. In a few years Taylor Swift who is the female equivelant to the Jonas Brothers will probably be another hollywood trainwreck. To me the Jonas Brothers aside from sucking as musicians are putting up a front which nobody actually lives up to. Just because a man has played around before does not mean he is incapable of being a good man to the right woman. Lok at Warren Beatty who played around for years and then settled down with the right woman and as far as everybody knows has been faithful. Tiger Woods is a perfect example of a man who put up the nice guy front only for it to be a complete lie.

It's very rare for those in hollywood, or musicians, with celebrity and fame, to live squeaky clean lives, but I think Natalie Portman has done the best possible job of it.

Whats your point? The Jonas brothers could sleep with half the girls their age too? I'm not saying that Charlie Sheen can't get women. I'm saying that most people have no idea what a nice guy really is. Most people use it incorrectly to describe wimpy/loser guys.

A beta male is not a nice guy, he is a beta male. Women don't like beta males as much because beta males usually have: less attitude, less sexual drive, smaller muscles, fewer popular friends, less attractive female friends, passive behavior, and do poorly in fist fights.

If a women wants an alpha male, great for her. But they have just as many weaknesses as beta males. Arrogant, quick tempered, unfaithful, rash, reckless, jumps to conclusions too quickly, puts others in danger, must be in control always, takes criticism poorly, can be physically violent, tendencies to abuse alcohol, tendency to verbally and physically abuse women, tendency to demand (not ask/presude) physical intercourse.

Alpha males and beta males both have their place. Any women that will only date alpha males is dumb in my opinion.

Charlie Sheen is currently behind bars for beating his wife. In past the past, he shot a former wife..

He's constantly with women, beta males are not. Do the math.

Charlie Sheen is currently behind bars for beating his wife. In past the past, he shot a former wife..

Thanks for posting a link to support your conclusion that "betas" never get any women....

Why don't you admit that you may be a submissive male that needs a female dominatrix to set your life straight? This is certainly the impression you've given me over the years.

Thanks for posting a link to support your conclusion that "betas" never get any women....

Why don't you admit that you may be a submissive male that needs a female dominatrix to set your life straight? This is certainly the impression you've given me over the years.

Thanks for convincing me that it's really a troll and not you. Some people actually thought it was the real madelf.. But now I'm certain it's not. Thanks.

skydiveaddict

i agree you cant argue with the facts

Charlie Sheen is rich and famous.

There are very few nice girls as well. Lok at Warren Beatty who played around for years and then settled down with the right woman and as far as everybody knows has been faithful. Tiger Woods is a perfect example of a man who put up the nice guy front only for it to be a complete lie.

I don't disagree that there are few nice girls, there are very few nice girls as well. Are the Jonas brothers putting up a front? I don't know. But that front that they are putting up is what a nice guy is fake or not. Tiger's front was the same, he pretended to be a nice guy. Why? Because nice guys are what everyone wishes they really were. That's why so many celebrities fake it so often. It appeals to a lot of people.

Charlie Sheen is rich and famous.

He also is in jail for beating his wife, and he shot a former wife. Are you suggesting that women will put up with this if guys are rich and famous?

He also is in jail for beating his wife, and he shot a former wife. Are you suggesting that women will put up with this if guys are rich and famous?

Some women will, but probably not the kind you'd like to attract, right?

Some women will, but probably not the kind you'd like to attract, right?

Ah, so I see, I'm the only problem. It's all me that's wrong with this world. Got it.

Questions to the converted nice guys - the ones who've gone from being 'nice guys' to azzes and have seen positive results...

Could you actually fall in love with any of the women you seduce by being an @shole?

I'm asking because I would have a hard time falling in love with someone I would have to treat badly just to pique their interest.

And I don't agree with MeganDoll. I love nerds, am one myself. Nerds can be hot. Definitely.

Anyone who knows who they are and follow their passions is hot to me.

Questions to the converted nice guys - the ones who've gone from being 'nice guys' to azzes and have seen positive results...

Could you actually fall in love with any of the women you seduce by being an @shole?

I'm asking because I would have a hard time falling in love with someone I would have to treat badly just to pique their interest.

And I don't agree with MeganDoll. I love nerds, am one myself. Nerds can be hot. Definitely.

The answer is no. I had plenty of dates between marriages but the only one I fell in love was the one who responded to the nice guy side of me.

stapelfahrer drew
Ah, so I see, I'm the only problem. It's all me that's wrong with this world. Got it.

Do you consider flirting and using sexual innuendo as being an a**hole? Not even in the context of totally random strangers, I'm talking about social situations such as parties, bars, other get-togethers.

Citizen Erased

Yes, that's pretty much my take on it. Not all women but certainly some would, because he's incredibly rich.

And he accidentally shot his former fiancee. ;) But I doubt accurate facts mean much to you, as you're relying on tabloid gossip to assume a person's guilt.

I agree with you completely. The problem is, there are not enough women who want nice guys for who they are. So I guess they view it as "I have to become an ahole to at least get a shot at a woman" but it will of course be the wrong kind of woman.. But the odds are not in guys' favor these days.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want some subserviant housewife cleaning up after me... I just want someone who can be respected and would respect someone else, and no drama.

Yes, that's pretty much my take on it. Not all women but certainly some would, because he's incredibly rich.

And he accidentally shot his former fiancee. ;) But I doubt accurate facts mean much to you, as you're relying on tabloid gossip to assume a person's guilt.

I've never shot an ex, accidentally or not. And I've taken an ex to the shooting range before. It's just a giant coincidence his ex got shot, right? Even the most basic gun safety courses teaches you how to avoid anything remotely even approaching situations like that.

#2 sounds exactly like how women are.
So...who's having the most problems dating? You or most women?

If you answer most women, I'm throwing down the b/s flag. If you answer you, I will agree. So who's self-entitled?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want some subserviant housewife cleaning up after me... I just want someone who can be respected and would respect someone else, and no drama.
Then quit acting like a whiney, self-entitled loser. To get respect, you have to learn to give it.

From the minute you first started posting on LS, you've done nothing but crap on women. THIS will not get you respect. It will get you crapped on by every balanced person on this site.