Once a cheater always a cheater? True or False?

i cheated on my fiance 4 years ago and i told him. as you can imangine...he was very upset with me and all. but we worked throught it. i almost lost him forever and i dont ever want to go back to that time in my life. it was a one time deal and i havent done it since. i believe people can change as long as they want to. if they dont want to..they wont. he is my world and i dont ever want to put our relationship on the line like i did ever again. so i can honestly say that i will never cheat again as long as i live...even if i get divorced or however my finace/husband part.

autumn

I can tell you for a fact its not true because I cheated on many of my girlfriends in my youth but don't do it anymore. Several years ago I caught this airborn disease called a conscience and now can't do anything that I think may hurt someone. I am now thoughtful, and respectful of others feelings, oh the horror!

I think cheating occurs for so many different reasons that its hard to say one can or can not change. Someone who cheats because they are unhappy in their current relationship and just never had the motivation to end is different then someone who cheats for a indirect reason. Like, if someone was just very insecure with themselves and unconsciously sought attention from other guys to feel some sort of worth.

Auggh......sorry, I cant finish this thought....., pluming problems in the library or something

Originally posted by moimeme

I respectfull, disagree, Moi. I won't let a women get close to me, nor will I let myself get close to them!

That's you. You are one person. There are more bad boys than just you, and many of them will operate differently. People, after all, are all different.

Oh gee, Moi - Sounds like you know alot about us. Could it be that you perhaps, were once a badboy chaser ? So, the truth comes out! :laugh:

~V

Originally posted by cindy0039

Why?

Cindy -- There was a place and time, where Mr. Vivid, actually fell for someone and had his heart torn out! Now, I'm scared to death of commitment! :eek:

Now, I just run around and have fun, break as many hearts as I can, because I don't give a damn!

~V

here is the thing: monogamy is not right for everyone. the horrible part about cheating is the betrayal and the lying. i have no problem at all with anyone who knows within himself that he doesn't want to be in long-term monogamous relationships. i know a few guys (all artists, but's that a separate issue) who are like this - and they know themselves. they do not perceive monogamy as an ideal and would never make false claims to do so.

so, for some, 'straightening up and flying right' might be the right option, but i believe others might want to investigate alternative forms of relationships or alternative communities.

this does not exactly answer the question, but i think the question is partly a false dilemma. a third option, at least, does exist.

• 4 months later...

I need some peace of mind.

I was engaged 6 months ago to a man who tried to cheat on me while we were living together. I took him back and we got engaged. But my trust never returned...so ultimately we broke it off.

6 months later...he's in love with another woman and very happy.

He says its a clean slate and he's with someone who can trust him.

I'm miserable. I miss all the good things about him and I'm devestated I couldn't love him the same way after the cheating episode.

He was 30 when he pulled that crap.

I want to know. Will he do it again or was it me?

• 3 weeks later...
lilmoma1973

[font=courier new][/font][color=cyan][/color]

hey all

i think it is hard to trust after someone has cheated on you ..not saying that once they cheat always a cheater ... it is just very hard to trust what they say or do..

• 1 year later...

ok what if it is the girl who cheat's ? does that change things ?

my gf of three months has cheated on me three time's and then try's to tell me that the guy's forced her to cheat. she often ware's provocitive clothes to get attention and flirts way too much she even hugs one of the guys she cheated on me with frequently. she does not take my feelings into consideration at all. all the times she cheated were one night stand type of things but its gone so far as sex with another guy. im in grade 10 for god sake and she is in 9 and this is all really hurting me inside. she says she is sorry and she feels bad but how do you no for sure some one like that wont cheat again ? im scared she will cheat again and im over protective because of it. can anyone offer some advice on what i can do to fix this mess ? i would never cheat on her but lately she has changed and im finding myself wanting to spend more time with other people like friends then her. i love her alot but im not sure what to do. i no you all might say oh its just puppy love but in my life i've had to grow up fast so when im in a relationship i think about it as any of you would. if anyone has any idea's on what i can do please tell me. signed joel.v