When was the first time OM/OW said "I love you".

WhereToGoFromHere

Wow, this is a difficult thread :( I'm trying to not think about this stuff.... I said it first, about 3 months into the EA. She said it back about two weeks later. I'd always said it more often than she did. To hear her say it first out of the blue meant so much to me.

we had been dating 7 months; exclusive for 2, he'd said he "cared" about me but only used the L word for the first time when he thought I'd left him. He was going away for a few weeks, and the landlord had asked him to clear the place ( it was a holiday let) so he could let it again while he was away.

I to be helpful had put my stuff- not a lot but I had a couple of spare outfits there- in my car before I went to work, but had not mentioned this to him.

He found my stuff gone and sent a text saying he was sorry I had left him cos he really was in love with me.

Now I look back, I see a pattern- he obviously felt safe to say it believing I had gone. Though it set a course of events and we were to say it daily to each other until we just split, some 5 years later ( see finally come to my senses thread)

My "I love you" blurted out because I thought we were parting ways. It wasn't after sex, or as a way to keep him, or anything like that. I thought I'd never see him again, he just ended it, and I wanted an amicable parting of ways.

Honestly, if he said it back I wouldn't have believed him. Weird huh, but it makes me trust him more??

whatever_nevermind

I have no clue or recollection of the 1st time my D/MM said “I love you”.

I never keep track of that kind of stuff. I know he said it first since I never say it first. I remember my response for the longest time was “ok” and “I know”.

It was about a year into the A and I'd ended it (again!) he broke NC with an e mail (I still have it:o) it read ' my problem is that I have fallen in love with you' among other things, I actually nearly fell off the chair!!

He isn't/wasn't a romantic man, he's what I call a mans, man....what you see is what you get, always late, forgets special dates and never gets sloppy....he does now, all the time and that makes me want to cry:(

He tells me he loves me and always will and I believe that, just the wrong place, wrong time....oh yeah and he obviously loves his life more and that thought keeps me strong!!