Long distance relationships - What's the point???

My accusation stands not from your original post, but from your little freak out you had over Elswyth. For you to be an older man, using a word like "hater" shows a lot of immaturity.

Both issues are controversial. But yet you feel questioning why people get involved in LDR's is okay, but someone questioning your dating preferences isn't.

Also, your OP does sound a bit bitter. Have you ever been in an LDR? If you haven't, how would you know that if people aren't together, the relationship wont survive? You don't. LDR's have no more risk of failing that an in person relationship does. And they don't always bring misery. Look at IG. Her relationship might not have survived, but she got a lot of happiness from hers. She isn't bitter. Her reason for failure could have happened in person as well. Any of us here could see our relationship die, but those who are truly in love will fight tooth and nail for the ones we love, just like IG did until the very end. You can't say with 100% certainty that ANY relationship will fail.

I agree with you, and I liked the way you explained your position. Impressive!

Caught this one a bit late, but you sound like a typical young middle age hater who thinks he/she knows everything, but in reality knows very little.:o I have an aunt and uncle who were married around 1960....he was 40 and she was about 18. They always had a good marriage, and they are still married to this day. Get over your prejudices!

I have no trouble about men preferring young women.

It just strikes me as silly and ironic, to create a thread to flaunt your preferences by listing why 'Young women are superior', and then proceeding to belittle people who prefer not to break up when a significant other has to move away. Yes, belittle. Are you truly interested in knowing why people do LDRs? Let's look at your OP again:

Unless a couple are planning to live in the same location shortly after they meet, or if they are only platonic friends, why do they have to drag out the long distance thing? It appears to me that all that prolonged absences accomplish is grief and misery. Couples need to be together in order for the relationship to survive, otherwise, get over it and move on.

You sound like you've pretty much got your mind made up, and you're simply flaunting your opinion yet again, rather than being interested in truly knowing why.

Also, my post really was more of an acid test than anything. :) A surefire way to distinguish the LDR-cynicist from someone who truly wants to know, is that every single heartfelt post that truly attempted to answer the question will receive no feedback. However, provoking posts such as mine will, which will also rule out the possibility of the OP simply having forgotten about his thread.

Thank you for once again proving my acid test to be failsafe. :)

Also, I'm 23, so I'm not exactly a bitter middle-aged woman who's sad that noone wants me or whatever your prejudice is towards middle-aged women, sorry.

• Author

Ok, Elswyth, Rollercoaster and Sadgati.....I hope the three of you feel vindicated by coming to this thread and taking cheap shots at me on a thread that is totally unrelated to whatever gripe you have with me.....if you want me to spell it out for you, I'm talking about you girls talking about me flaunting my preferences for younger women? (and I can admit that I sort of asked for it), but If you girls need to gang up on "Glenguy the pervert", Why don't you at least have enough protocol to keep your gripes on the original thread where it was intended instead of taking cheap shots on this thread with an unrelated topic? I suppose you girls will try to justify that too.

Edited by Glenguy
Rollercoasterr

Hey now, I never once called you a pervert. I don't know you from Adam, so I could care less what your dating preferences are. Honestly, date however young or old you want. It's no sweat of my back. I'm not in the business to judge. Date an animal if you please.

But when you come around with double standards and then throw a whining fit like you are, that's when I get annoyed. This forum is full of people who will tell you like it is. If you can't take the heat, you best get out the kitchen. You can't be throwing a fit every time a couple of posters say things you don't like. There's more where that came from around this place.

Honestly, I could care less what older men do with their time. But if I see that 41 year old man who kicked his wife and children out to move my freshly turned 18 year old sister into his house, he will not like me. It takes two to tango and 50% of the blame goes on her, but he's older and wiser, he should KNOW better. He's ruined his family for a young girl and they wont be together forever. She doesn't even know what she wants NEXT WEEK, let alone forever.

Now carry on with your whining.

Oh, and I never saw your original thread. Like I said, I don't know you from Adam so I wouldn't intentionally stalk your posts. What I said to you was warranted from THIS THREAD you posted.

• Author

Okayyyyy.....this whole thing has obviously gotten out of hand and I think I've come to the conclusion that I don't belong on this forum, so, I think I'll leave peacefully. I appologize for any offensive or hurtful things I have said to anybody on this forum. Have a good life, everyone.....Merry Christmas....adios. :cool:

Goodbye. Hopefully one day when you're bored you'll actually come back and read the posts that actually answered your question instead of the one designed to test you. :)

• Author
Hey now, I never once called you a pervert. I don't know you from Adam, so I could care less what your dating preferences are. Honestly, date however young or old you want. It's no sweat of my back. I'm not in the business to judge. Date an animal if you please.

But when you come around with double standards and then throw a whining fit like you are, that's when I get annoyed. This forum is full of people who will tell you like it is. If you can't take the heat, you best get out the kitchen. You can't be throwing a fit every time a couple of posters say things you don't like. There's more where that came from around this place.

Honestly, I could care less what older men do with their time. But if I see that 41 year old man who kicked his wife and children out to move my freshly turned 18 year old sister into his house, he will not like me. It takes two to tango and 50% of the blame goes on her, but he's older and wiser, he should KNOW better. He's ruined his family for a young girl and they wont be together forever. She doesn't even know what she wants NEXT WEEK, let alone forever.

Now carry on with your whining.

Oh, and I never saw your original thread. Like I said, I don't know you from Adam so I wouldn't intentionally stalk your posts. What I said to you was warranted from THIS THREAD you posted.

*deleted.....never mind.*

Edited by Glenguy