Cocaine/Signs Someone is Relapsing or addicted

• Author

Incase there are people in this forums that dont read the other forums... i got back with my BF that i thought might have some kind of drug addiction though im not sure, cause he always hung out with drug addicts and had his own past involved with drugs... im posting a link to my other post i updated it with the text he sent me and the story of what happend.. it starts toward the bottom of page 17

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210244&page=2

I really need peoples comments as to what they think please check it out

Incase there are people in this forums that dont read the other forums... i got back with my BF that i thought might have some kind of drug addiction though im not sure, cause he always hung out with drug addicts and had his own past involved with drugs... im posting a link to my other post i updated it with the text he sent me and the story of what happend.. it starts toward the bottom of page 17

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210244&page=2

I really need peoples comments as to what they think please check it out

Confused, your problem is that you will never be 100% sure he isnt doing drugs.

if he has them now and again, you wont know.

because you have no personal experience with drug use, you dont understand why he's done them, or why he may continue.

lots of people use drugs recreationally, sometimes every weekend, sometimes once a year.

The problem is when people have to take something every day just to feel 'normal' or get through the day.

If your BF was doing them occasionally, say once a month or whatever at a party etc. and you knew when he was doing it, would you find that acceptable?

if the answer is no, its a bad sign for you both, as you'll spend all your time worrying about him, and if he does decide to partake, he wont tell you and lie about what he's been doing which will make you even more nervous.

i'm not saying its OK to do drugs, just that a lot of people do do them and integrate them into their normal lives with no problems.

they do them as someone else would go down the pub on a Friday night.

But if this kind of occasional drug taking is completely unacceptable to you, then you have to face the fact that he will probably do it again at some point and how you feel about that will determine what you need to do.

you're not wrong for having a problem with drugs, you obviously feel very strongly about this, and naturally you're worried about him, but regardless of your views, if he wants to do them he will. thats the nature of the beast.

• Author

i cant accept them at all i just dont belive in it... but if someone cant give up doing drugs on the weekend and is ok with loosing an otherwise good relationship over it.. that is def an addict...

I'm going through a similar thing as you. I started dating my BF 2 1/2 years ago and back then he smoked weed everyday and did cocaine a couple times a month. He didn't tell me this until I was already crazy about him. Right now I'm having suspicions that he is using cocaine maybe once in a great while. I'm just trying to figure out the truth cause I can't stay with anyone like that. Don't just settle with your relationship. That's what I'm dealing with now. In cases like this, love is not enough. It sounds as if it obvious that he still uses. The comment that his friends made when they asked him to do E is priceless. If your not OK with occasional drug use then you should walk away for a while. If he truly loves you he will quit all drugs and stay away from the tempations.

i cant accept them at all i just dont belive in it... but if someone cant give up doing drugs on the weekend and is ok with loosing an otherwise good relationship over it.. that is def an addict...

if your BF knows this, but still continues to do it, then you know what to do.

To be blunt, i dont really think its a case of him choosing drugs over you, its about being with someone who shares the same views about lifestyle choices.

Like it or not, he is a person who thinks that drug taking is OK, ask yourself if you can honestly respect someone who thinks like this? if he gave up, he would still feel this way.

its a difference of opinion that may still cause issues for your relationship in the future even if he did give up.